Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

I don't get this about secret wars (spoilers inside)

Angelusalvus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I've been only reading Guardians of the galaxy comics and decided to check secret wars. On the latest GOTG comic, Gamorra left the team and on the first issue of secret wars, she was fighting with everyone else (and without her cloak thingy, mind you).

so it's only a shared universe when it's coinvenient for the writers?

Schwarz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Schwarz

Secret Wars is the current event everything else takes place before this current event even though Marvel still releases comics that have nothing to do with secret wars, secret wars is the current timeline. Battleworld is a universe of itself while all the others as far as we know do not exist anymore. I think some Ultimate some 616 that were on the liferaft and the Cabal were saved from their respective universes before the end but the others are kind of like new characters. It might also be confusing because you might see your favorite hero appear multiple times in secret wars because thete is actually multiple versions of our favorite heroes in secret wars. Just for an exemple, there are a whole LOT of thors. If you like Guardians of the galaxy the new series will be called guardians of nowhere. Coming out in June.

Angelusalvus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Angelusalvus

@schwarz said:

Secret Wars is the current event everything else takes place before this current event even though Marvel still releases comics that have nothing to do with secret wars, secret wars is the current timeline. Battleworld is a universe of itself while all the others as far as we know do not exist anymore. I think some Ultimate some 616 that were on the liferaft and the Cabal were saved from their respective universes before the end but the others are kind of like new characters. It might also be confusing because you might see your favorite hero appear multiple times in secret wars because thete is actually multiple versions of our favorite heroes in secret wars. Just for an exemple, there are a whole LOT of thors. If you like Guardians of the galaxy the new series will be called guardians of nowhere. Coming out in June.

Well, my favorite charcater, Rocket Racoon, has already been killed (in a quite lame way, if you ask me). But I didn't know about this new series, thanks for informing me.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.