Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

Hulk and Wolverine's History

VenomX10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By VenomX10

I've been reading up on Hulk, and have noticed that he and Wolverine have had some history. I was just wondering if anyone knew how their feud started, and who would actually win in a fight between the two.
    AssertingValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 65

#2  Edited By AssertingValor

Wolverine first appeared in a hulk comic,  Strongest there is vs the indestructible type story line

there was no personal issues behind their feud...................
    VenomX10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By VenomX10

So their feud first started in a Hulk comic and theyve hated eachother ever since?

IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By IrishX

Logan was originally meant to be a villain and first appeared in Incredible Hulk #181. You can read about their first meeting in the plot summary.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By joshmightbe

They've had many fights I think Hulk has won most of them and Wolverines first appearance was getting in the middle of a fight between Hulk and Wendigo 

VenomX10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By VenomX10

Wait, if Wolverine was meant to be a villain in the Hulk series, how did he end up becoming an X-Man?
    Avatar image for turoksonofstone
    turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 24

#7  Edited By turoksonofstone
    @VenomX10 said:

I've been reading up on Hulk, and have noticed that he and Wolverine have had some history. I was just wondering if anyone knew how their feud started, and who would actually win in a fight between the two.

Wolverine debuted in main continuity in a cameo in Hulk 180. His first full appearance is in Hulk 181(pre-Giant size X-men #1). The best fight between them is Wolverine VS. Grey Hulk in Hulk #340. Hulk would win.
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#8  Edited By xerox_kitty

@VenomX10 said:

who would actually win in a fight between the two.

Please save the Battle threads for the Battle forums. That way I don't have to sift through phrases like "curbstomp".

@VenomX10 said:

Wait, if Wolverine was meant to be a villain in the Hulk series, how did he end up becoming an X-Man?

Wolverine was originally working for the Canadian government (who sent him after Wendigo & Hulk who were tearing up the country in an almighty brawl). It was after that when Xavier approached Wolverine to recruit a new team of X-Men (to save the first from Krakoa) & Wolverine decided to leave Department H.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By joshmightbe

Also he was originally supposed to be an actual wolverine that was turned into a human and his claws were originally part of his gloves and not actually a part of his body 

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
    deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

@xerox-kitty said:

@VenomX10 said:

who would actually win in a fight between the two.

Please save the Battle threads for the Battle forums. That way I don't have to sift through phrases like "curbstomp".

@VenomX10 said:

Wolverine was originally working for the Canadian government (who sent him after Wendigo & Hulk who were tearing up the country in an almighty brawl). It was after that when Xavier approached Wolverine to recruit a new team of X-Men (to save the first from Krakoa) & Wolverine decided to leave Department H.

Didn't that get retconned in Legacy? Wolverine was actually trying to assassinate Xavier or something?

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By joshmightbe
    @Jake Fury: I think that was Ultimate Xmen
    Avatar image for turoksonofstone
    turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 24

#12  Edited By turoksonofstone
    @joshmightbe said:
    Also he was originally supposed to be an actual wolverine that was turned into a human and his claws were originally part of his gloves and not actually a part of his body 
    lol, how hysterical is that? I know it's true.
    joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By joshmightbe
    @turoksonofstone: it was one of those stories that was too ridiculous even for Marvel in the 70's 
    PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By PrinceIMC

Hulk and Wolverine have also had some friendly moments. I believe during the Infinity Gauntlet issues Wolverine and Hulk had a moment on the roof, both of them being 'monsters' and all.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.