Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

Hugh Jackman in the Avengers 2?

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Jackman has insisted the move would be an exciting one for fans: "I'm in for it, I'm totally up for it because I think that would be really exciting for fans," said Jackman.

The actor has also allegedly already spoken to someone at Marvel in the hope of pushing for his famous character from the X-Men involved, according to Worst Previews.

"I said, 'Can this happen?' and he goes 'Look, it's not gonna be easy.' But I'm optimistic, I find it impossible that there's not a way to bring Iron Man, all the 'Avengers' characters, Wolverine, the 'X-Men' characters, Spider-Man, and somehow get them together," he stated.

I dont think anything would be wrong for a small cameo but a role in the movie?I think its too early for Wolverine to come in..

Hugh Jackman want that paycheck.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
    V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

Jackman has insisted the move would be an exciting one for fans: "I'm in for it, I'm totally up for it because I think that would be really exciting for fans," said Jackman.

Maybe some fans. That's a big statement if he thinks everyone wants this.

TheFool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

I'm all for it if it means all the Mighty Marvels are playing for the same team. Realistically, though? Fox and Sony could care less about storytelling and fans. But good on Hugh Jackman. Dream your dreams, bro.

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By SoA
    Millennian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

An Avengers movie with the Big 4 (Cap, Iron Man, Thor, Hulk), Wolverine and Spider-Man would literally destroy the Box-Office but seeing how FOX and Sony are greedy bastards who want to rise above Marvel while completely copying their "shared universe" technique, it's not going to happen for awhile. I agree though, it seems as if Hugh Jackman wants in for the cash - Jackman KNOWS that fans want to see Wolverine in an Avengers which is why he keeps on teasing/saying in various interviews that he's been trying to talk with some executives to make it happen.

flashrobin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By flashrobin

@millennian:

Its not possible for Wolverine for even to be in the film anyways because Fox has the rights...am i right?

MrShway88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MrShway88

For whatever reason he wants to be in the movie whether its actually for the fans or a larger paycheck, it's not his choice to make.

Jack Donaghy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flameboy298 said:

Maybe some fans. That's a big statement if he thinks everyone wants this.

Yeah but he's mostly talking about casual fans and he is right, most of them would love to see Wolverine in Avengers 2. I can't count how many times I've heard non comic book readers ask where Wolverine was during The Avengers and say they want to see him in the next one. Jackman as Wolverine along with RDJ as Iron Man would make some serious money.

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I really hope they don't get the rights back and have all the characters in a shared cinematic universe. It's great for comics with many titles that come out on a monthly basis. Completely different with movies that take 2 plus years to create for only 2 plus hours of scree time. Don't need more characters cluttering up the limited time available on the screen. There are plenty of great stories that can be translated into film in which the Avengers saved the day without the X-men or Spider-Man and vice versa.

Marvel could never manage the Avengers, X, and Spider-Man franchises at one time. It'd be 3-4 years between sequels instead of the under two years as it is now. It'd be hard to keep momentum for that long.

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, I like them separated from on a another. Gives the Avengers more shine to the other members. That and I have

little interest in the X-men joining just to a avoid a pointless versus story.

Avatar image for deactivated-64332b810a025
    deactivated-64332b810a025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would very much like to see Wolverine join the avengers in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I want to see the X-men in Marvel's movie universe.
    Could the companies work it out instead of competing hardcore?
    ((And has Sasha from The walking dead play Storm. YES!!!))

Avatar image for captainamerica119
    Captainamerica119

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope so

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for captainamerica119
    Captainamerica119

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flameboy298: Wolverine is a total bada$$ and Hugh Jackman is a perfect Wolverine.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Anyone else rather see other X-Men than Wolverine in the Marvel Film-verse? I'd rather see Cyclops vs. Captain America personally.

Abhi471990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Abhi471990

Wolverine in avenger i likeeee. But Fox will die before surrendering wolverine to marvel

Abhi471990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

and i have heard that Avengers 3 might be based on WWH story line. In which we see entire marvel univers

jojjimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HELL NO!!

jojjimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fodigg said:

Anyone else rather see other X-Men than Wolverine in the Marvel Film-verse? I'd rather see Cyclops vs. Captain America personally.

Most definitely the X-men have so many interesting character to choose from, yet stupid FOX is so damn bent focusing on Wolverine, makes me sick. personally i would love to see a Colossus/Kitty Pride movie.

Avatar image for magnificentstorm
    MagnificentStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The actor has also allegedly already spoken to someone at Marvel in the hope of pushing for his famous character from the X-Men involved, according to Worst Previews.

"I said, 'Can this happen?' and he goes 'Look, it's not gonna be easy.' But I'm optimistic, I find it impossible that there's not a way to bring Iron Man, all the 'Avengers' characters, Wolverine, the 'X-Men' characters, Spider-Man, and somehow get them together," he stated.

I dont think anything would be wrong for a small cameo but a role in the movie?I think its too early for Wolverine to come in..

Hugh Jackman want that paycheck.

I doubt it FOX owns X-men Sony owns Spiderman I doubt until their contracts are up that either of the characters will be showing up in the Avengers movies.

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@magnificentstorm: I sware I read something acouple days ago in the forums,A guy was talking about how Josh Whedon was going to include Scarlett Witch and Quicksilver in the Avengers 2 and said something about Fox coming to a agreement I'd have to find it again

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@poisonfleur: good I like them to compete it keeps the teams from ever crossing over. It's better that way to avoid a tedious versus story.

flashrobin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tigerkaya: Exactly and it would just screw up the continuity even more,A small cameo sure but a role no.....

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

While I prefer Wolverine as an Avenger rather than an X-Man, but I doubt we'll see any X-Men/Avengers movie crossovers anytime soon.

flashrobin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#27  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

@flashrobin said:

@war_killer: Why's that?

Why I prefer Wolverine as an Avenger or why I don't believe we won't see any Avengers/X-Men movie crossover anytime soon?

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

@jojjimbo said:

@fodigg said:

Most definitely the X-men have so many interesting character to choose from, yet stupid FOX is so damn bent focusing on Wolverine, makes me sick. personally i would love to see a Colossus/Kitty Pride movie.

I like to see other X-Men come into the Marvel Film-verse also!

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By flameboy298

@rabbitearsblog: That should of happened along time ago x.x but most X-men films have been below Average

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Meh its probably just me but given they are going cosmic route, they are better off introducing some heavy hitters then Wolverine.

MagnificentStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flameboy298: I know what your talking about I believe that They can't use their.could name or real names i forgot which one. An they cant talk about magneto I believe. Though it may have changed idk

MagnificentStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flameboy298: I know what your talking about I believe that They can't use their.could name or real names i forgot which one. An they cant talk about magneto I believe. Though it may have changed idk

Avatar image for thelostpassenger
    theLOSTpassenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flameboy298: I say that I would not be on board with this. Wolverine dominates the X-Men films, as he is the central character in just about every single one and now has two solo films; he doesn't need to appear in anything else at this point. I also wouldn't want that because it would link the X-Men films to the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and the X-Men films are such a mess right now because they are loaded with continuity errors. It would have been okay if First Class had simply been left alone and regarded as a reboot, but Days of Future Past is to function as both a sequel to The Last Stand and to First Class, which is not narratively possible.

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thelostpassenger: Exactly I just hated how in the majority of the X-men Films Wolverine is the main star and Cyclops barley had any feats nor had much screen time.As it seems it will be the same with X-men Days of Future Past

adhd_assassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By adhd_assassin

eiter way, marvel (now with disney's wallet backing them) and FOX are in a pissing match right now over quicksilver. in other words, no, wolverine will not be in the avengers 2

Avatar image for baberaham_lincoln
    Baberaham_Lincoln

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

it'll be weird seeing wolverine tower over Cap and near thor... lol.

Henny_Say

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only if Hugh would still be playing Wolverine by the time they start filming Avengers 3. By that time we would be seeing the real original avengers!

FlashKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#38  Edited By FlashKnight

It's cool that he wants to be in it, whatever the reason is. Doubt it happens though. Maybe Phase 4 or 5 could be an Avengers vs X-Men type storyline if they can work things out by then. Just speculating...

FlashKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

Only if Hugh would still be playing Wolverine by the time they start filming Avengers 3. By that time we would be seeing the real original avengers!

The real Avengers?

SkyRobo1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope not. I like Wolverine and Spiderman but both this heroes are not Founding Avengers and I think Whedon's building the Avengers roster base on the Founding Avengers so having them on the team would be inaccurate.

I think.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Keep those Fox montroisites away from my Marvel Cinematic Universe!!!

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Anyone else think it would be hysterical if Whedon cast Jackman as D-Man in Avengers 2?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.