How would you react if DC verse & Marvel verse merged as one?

Posted by DATNIGGA (1203 posts) - - Show Bio

Just a random question out of curiosity its not happening or anything nor am In anyway saying or suggesting that they should do this, but how would you personally react if the corporations decided to make a drastic random change said there was gonna be an EARTH SHATTERING COMIC EVENT &....

Marvel & DC's entire universes Merged completely & permanently?

Just a hypothetical situation they just put all the the characters in the same place same earth,

How would you as a fan react to this?

#1 Posted by telepathic666 (227 posts) - - Show Bio

craziness

#2 Posted by chocobojam (288 posts) - - Show Bio

I was wondering. If all of the DC and marvel superheroes would team up against a very strong enemy, then who would that enemy be??

#3 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

So not another Amalgam universe, just Disney buys DC (somehow) and now they're all in the same continuity?

Eh. I wouldn't really care.

#4 Posted by EdBlank (542 posts) - - Show Bio

It would go like this: an alien invasion force would attack New York - cause that's how you take over Earth, by stomping hot dog vendors and throwing people through store front windows. They will have no reason except just being generally evil and a vague desire to rule Earth. Then!: all these guys who wear tights and patrol the streets looking for bank robbers will unite and descend upon the invaders. I don't know HOW I know this but it just came to me.

#5 Posted by papad1992 (6832 posts) - - Show Bio

@chocobojam said:

I was wondering. If all of the DC and marvel superheroes would team up against a very strong enemy, then who would that enemy be??

each other.

#6 Posted by TheCannon (19008 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd have mixed feelings.

#7 Posted by XsPectre28 (728 posts) - - Show Bio

it depends on the reasoning & how it happens.... we have had the avengers & JLA meet, fight, ect.... plus we had a time when the realities merged creating all new characters. i wouldnt want to see the universes merged but i would like to see more crossovers

#8 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (9181 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think I would like that

#9 Posted by GillaDro (249 posts) - - Show Bio

too many super ppl in 1 universe

#10 Posted by Selinaky (677 posts) - - Show Bio

It would be fun to see once or twice, but not long-term.

#11 Posted by Black_Claw (3009 posts) - - Show Bio

No. Just No.

#12 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

It would be a complete cluster f__ck in my opinion.

#13 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

It depends on which writers have control.

Like, if Snyder and Slott are writing Superman meets Superman, hell yeah, I'm totally in.

But if it's like, Bendis and Fraction's Justice Avengers League, hell no, that would suck.

#14 Edited by DATNIGGA (1203 posts) - - Show Bio

@chocobojam: each other or all the villains teamed up

@EdBlank said:

It would go like this: an alien invasion force would attack New York - cause that's how you take over Earth, by stomping hot dog vendors and throwing people through store front windows. They will have no reason except just being generally evil and a vague desire to rule Earth. Then!: all these guys who wear tights and patrol the streets looking for bank robbers will unite and descend upon the invaders. I don't know HOW I know this but it just came to me.

That interesting

@Gambit1024: I feel you Bendis has that negative effect lol

@Blood1991 said:

It would be a complete cluster f__ck in my opinion.

It would honestly, they definitely couldn't all occupy the U.S at the same time they would have to spread out

#15 Posted by Veidt (25 posts) - - Show Bio

There are a huge number of possibilities that could come up from this. Not of them good, not of them bad. We'd have to take care with DC's apparent love for reboots, and DC fans with Marvel love for the event of the year that will change everything (for a limited time only). Also there would be lots of explanations to be made by the companies of how, when and why did it happen, and I mean they would have to do it story-wise, not just releasing a bunch of notes in the press. Ok, they would probably just come up with Earth 616 merging with Earth-whatever-number-they-feel-like. Another point is, Marvel's and DC's villains (I think, since I'm not knowleageable about DC) have a different feel to them. Which could add to the fun and expand the possibilities to a new high, or just feel pretty weird. And yet another question: wich company would call the shots most of the time? (I can hear a "Disney" whispering response)

Alright, alright, my word is: I sure would like to see that! Some rivalties could emerge between both companies teams. Later on some alliances, mixing of characters and then intrigues again. I always wanted to see how would a (more than normal) dark mooded Batman fare in Marvel's Universe. Also the Joker against the Hulk, if you really think about it, a good tale could rise from it.

#16 Posted by Brazen_Intellect (1144 posts) - - Show Bio

It would be a disaster of epic proportions and would alienate fans on both sides for a multitude of reasons

#17 Posted by Shotgun (900 posts) - - Show Bio

At first, I'd be like #not-sure-if-want 
but then  I'd probably ship everything and anything. Jubilee can be Cass Cain's new bestie since Stephenie abandoned her for Kara pre-52.  
Let's see a vampire Cass :p  

#18 Posted by ComicKID777 (287 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd be very upset.

#19 Posted by Seafarinhare (58 posts) - - Show Bio

Darksied acquires the Infinity Gauntlet again. But this time, it works.

#20 Posted by Deadcool (6813 posts) - - Show Bio

Already Happened... I guess...

I think that I would find it interesting.

#21 Posted by BlackWind (6783 posts) - - Show Bio

Wouldn't work. The way the two worlds work are too different. There'd probably be another superhero civil war due to the differences.

#22 Posted by krspaceT (1493 posts) - - Show Bio

Another meeting could work a la JLA/Avengers

#23 Posted by StormyWeather (747 posts) - - Show Bio

they already did that......

i don't like that idea, too many super powered beings, its already too many in the individual universes

#24 Posted by baron2011 (1154 posts) - - Show Bio

if this happens comics will get lazier and lazier with stupid plots because being no competition there is no point in giving your best much like what happend when WWF/WWE bought WCW

#25 Posted by guttridgeb (4832 posts) - - Show Bio

If handled correctly it could work.

#26 Edited by Or35ti (1101 posts) - - Show Bio

They would have to eliminate a lot, and I mean a lot, of characters just so they could all fit.

#27 Posted by Crotchzombie666 (4 posts) - - Show Bio

dumb. just, dumb...

#28 Posted by xybernick (25 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel like Marvel and DC are each unique enough it could work, but it would be very difficult to pull off, and frankly might be a huge mess.

#29 Posted by JestersJoker (59 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh what I would give to visit the SuperHero Theme parks that a Warner Disney Company would build.

#30 Posted by robert_serrano_1992 (3 posts) - - Show Bio

that wud be awesome like captain america teaming with the justice society to fight red skull annnd idk lol but yeah that would be great

#31 Posted by The_Lunact_And_Manic (3286 posts) - - Show Bio

Pure awesomenessess.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.