Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

How strong do you have to be to thunderclap?

Hulkbuster13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Hulkbuster13

I've seen a lot of marvel characters who can make shock waves by clapping their hands so who can do that? How strong do you have to be to do it? I've seen the Hulk, the Thing, juggernaut, and Colossus do and there should be a lot of people who can do that like Thor, the Abomination, Thanos, Apocalypse. At first I thought you would have to be stronger enough to lift roughly 100 tons do that. Than i saw this

rogue should be strong enough to lift about 50 tons at this point. And this

Luke Cage can lift like 25 to 30 tons

Dru_zod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Hmmmm............

I really didn't expect Luke to be strong enough

I thought it would have to do with the size and durability of one's hand, along with strength

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Luke can so can Spidey I guess but mostly people less than Spidey could probably just clear a room while the Hulk and planet levelers could level city blocks and light up dimensions

Hulkbuster13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spider-man cant do that. Luke cage is like almost 3X stronger than spider-man and I'm surprised he can do that. I think what Dru_zod typed might be some what true like Wonder Woman is roughly Superman strength but she's not as tough as he is and she can still get hurt by guns and she's never done it

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By JonSmith

Spider-man cant do that. Luke cage is like almost 3X stronger than spider-man and I'm surprised he can do that.

At best, Luke's max is twice as strong as Spider-man's rest strength. Meaning, when Luke pushes himself as hard as he can, he might be able to lift twice what Spider-man can when he's not trying at all. But when Spider-man starts putting some effort in, when that adrenaline starts pumping? He's a lot stronger than Cage. One might even go so far as to say he's exponentially stronger than Cage.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

@jonsmith: Don't buy it, or maybe you don't know the meaning of the word "exponential" (which seems most likely). Spidey is strong and I could see him really, really exerting himself and pushing himself to Cage's approximate level. But exponentially? Without a symbiote, no way.

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl said:

Don't buy it, or maybe you don't know the meaning of the word "exponential" (which seems most likely). Spidey is strong and I could see him really, really exerting himself and pushing himself to Cage's approximate level. But exponentially? Without a symbiote, no way.

Actually, prior to posting that, I did some research on Cage's strength levels. Turns out I didn't read far enough, and apparently Cage got a second treatment that DRAMATICALLY increased his strength. So prior to that second treatment: Yeah, my statement would have been accurate. He was in the same range as Spidey: 10 to 25 tons. Given Spidey's feats when he really pushes himself, he was exponentially stronger than Cage. A very low exponent, but still. After Cage's second treatment however, he got bumped up to roughly 70 to 75 tons, making my previous statement false.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Luke's level of strength I guess.

Hulkbuster13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Hulkbuster13

@jonsmith: Spider man can lift 10 ton right now while Luke cage can lift 25 to 30 tons. That's roughly their weight lifting limit even with added adrenalin. I'm not saying Luke would beat Spider-man I think Spider-man would win cause he is a lot faster, better healing more powers, smarter, and although Spider-man is not as strong as Cage he is strong enough to punch him without hurting himself and can take a punch.

segamarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spidey's actually a lot closer to Cages strength then you would think. Even before the recton Spidey had many over 20 ton feats. Things like a subway cart, a small tank, a bus and much more. All of which was his rest strength. Luke doesn't even come close to Peter's high end feats.

segamarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You would think that Spidey could perform a thunderclap based on speed alone. His hands would technically clap together at least 40x faster then we can and end up breaking the sound barrier.

WiZManWeBb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By WiZManWeBb

I'd say it requires class 100 strength(able to lift 100 tons, or more)

segamarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wizmanwebb: If that's true how come the Flash can do it just by snapping his fingers? It's not always about strength. Sometimes speed alone can do it.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@segamarvel: It's meant to be a shock wave caused by breaking the sound barrier.

segamarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maccyd: Exactly. So if Spidey's fast enough to dodge bullets then his reflexes should be enough to at least let him clap his hands together hard enough to break the sound barrier.

WiZManWeBb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maccyd: OMG do u really Hav to ruin this with logic this is the comic book world

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@wizmanwebb: That's the stated reason inside the comic book as to why Flash and Zoom are capable of creating sonic booms... O_o

Funkypanda123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

when my girlfriend claps her ass its pretty strong

segamarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

segamarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is it possible for 10 tonners to create shockwaves with their punches? At least a little one? Like if a 10 tonner hit a durable opponent in the face would the force at least make a gust of wind or at least crack a window nearby?

Horus_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Horus_1

Luke's durability and decent amount of strength allowed him to pull that off. That's why he can challenge 100 tonners. I did say challenge, not beat.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

if luke can then 25 tons minimal really hard

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.