Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

Heart of the Universe?

Avatar image for one_above_one_above_all
    One-Above-One-Above-All

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I have a question. Doesn't the HOTU possess the power of TOAA? If that's the case, then shouldn't it be more powerful then pre-retconned Beyonder and Molecule-Man
    frijolie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By frijolie

I don't know much about alphabet soup, sorry :(

One-Above-One-Above-All

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HOTU = Heart of the Universe 
    TOAA = The One-Above-All
    spawn devil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By spawn devil

Possibly, yet the tier does not include "Heart of the Universe" it includes "Thanos with the Heart of the Universe", so, let it be the power of TOAA  Thanos has yet to fully master it, after reaching mastery, then we can say he is above those 2, but, to point out a mistake, he was already above the living tribunal.
    I hope this answers your question, by the way, if you have any questions about abstract beings, don't hesitate to ask me, it's my speciality.

One-Above-One-Above-All

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

3 things: 
    1- So if the Heart of the Universe was just by itself, would it be alongside TOAA in the zeroth tier? 
    2- when did it say that Thanos never fully mastered the HTOU? i know he had difficulty in allowing his body to adjust to it, but I don't remember him or the comics saying anything about him not being in full control over it. im not disagreeing with you, im just trying to properly figure it out. 
    3- thanks, i'll keep that in mind =)
    spawn devil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By spawn devil
    @One-Above-One-Above-All said:
    " 3 things: 1- So if the Heart of the Universe was just by itself, would it be alongside TOAA in the zeroth tier? 2- when did it say that Thanos never fully mastered the HTOU? i know he had difficulty in allowing his body to adjust to it, but I don't remember him or the comics saying anything about him not being in full control over it. im not disagreeing with you, im just trying to properly figure it out. 3- thanks, i'll keep that in mind =) "
    1. I think so. But it has yet to be found out if that was indeed all the power of TOAA, probably it was just the power necessary to fix the flaw in the universe. 
    2. Basically the same answer as above and I think someone put a scan in a thread about it where Thanos stated  " When I shall master this indescribable power, existence shall only be a simple microbe for me. " So, this is why I thought he never mastered it.
    3. Always here :)
    Also, I have a question of my own. Not that I am totally against it, but who moved Pre Retcon Beyonder in the same tier to TOAA?
    dewboy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 17

#7  Edited By dewboy01

the true source of an omnipotent force that those will easily overcome the cosmic defenders, even the living tribunal.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.