Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

Has anyone heard about possible series renames?

kilowog52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So I was just looking through the release calendar on the Marvel Comics website, and it lists Secret Avengers #3 from the 2014 series and Secret Avengers #19 from the 2013 series both as coming out on May 14. As many of you know, the 2013 series was cancelled after issue #16, then relaunched with the 2014 series. At first I thought that this may be an issue of renumbering, however, with the third issue of the 2014 series out that day, the next issue after that should be #20 if that is the case. I suppose it is possible that this is some kind of mistake on the part of Marvel's web designers. Or it could be that these two issues are one and the same. However, what caught my eye was that the previous week, New Avengers #18 comes out, and I thought, "Is New Avengers switching its name to Secret Avengers after that issue?" If this were the case, the current Secret Avengers series would also have to change its name. I noticed the next week there is something listed as New Series #5 and thought that that might be its destination. However, that would mean it skipped #4 so I would find that unlikely. I also find it very unlikely that Marvel would publish issues of two of their titles on back to back weeks. Does anyone know what is going on with this?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.