Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY; New Plot Details Revealed

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

oh yes!

thoughts on where Guardians of the Galaxy fits into the Marvel Cinematic Universe. "I think every movie Marvel's made has been a risk and they're risks that pay off really big. So I hope for the movie's sake, and my sake, that this one pays off. The story's really good and Marvel really knows what they're doing." As for the tone of the movie - which brings together a very unique set of characters - Pratt added: "It's not as broad as Galaxy Quest but it's not a straightforward space fantasy like Star Wars. I think it's the sort of the best of both of those films put together...and more!" The brief report then goes on to reveal that the team comes together when Peter Quill is thrown in jail and they then band together to escape and 'go after a treasure that they all want for different reasons.' According to director James Gunn, "Our characters are basically all villains to begin with. They don't believe they're individually good and they don't believe each other is good, and through the course of the movie they discover they're heroes. If The Avengers are The Beatles, these guys are The Rolling Stones."

Source: Empire Magazine

Spideysense44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

This sounds interestng really hope this movie has a good running time

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#3  Edited By Lvenger

This doesn't reveal much more than what the original synopsis gives away for this film.

Starbrander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Starbrander

Movie is not far off and there is still no trailer.

And given the sheer size of the subject matter, I hope Marvel and Disney have given themselves enough time to do it all justice.

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Movie is not far off and there is still no trailer.

And given the sheer size of the subject matter, I hope Marvel and Disney have given themselves enough time to do it all justice.

rumor is we may get a trailer for the superbowl

Starbrander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Starbrander

Fingers crossed, because as far as trailers go, this one is taking forever.

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fingers crossed, because as far as trailers go, this one is taking forever.

you saw the comic con footage right?

here ya go. its the one they slapped together for sdcc last year

Loading Video...

LyraFay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

I wonder if this will be accepted by general audiences as Green Lantern (while a different concept but still set in space) wasn't. It's a risk but I don't see a lot of people getting excited by it.

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lyrafay said:

I wonder if this will be accepted by general audiences as Green Lantern (while a different concept but still set in space) wasn't. It's a risk but I don't see a lot of people getting excited by it.

gunn stated gotg is 95% in space. gl failed miserably because it was so earth based

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.