Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

Good place to start reading?

_Atomikill_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I'd like to get into Marvel Comics, but I'm kind of overwhelmed with where to start- it was easy for DC, because I heard about the whole New 52 thing in advance, but the Marvel Now came like a storm.

Character's I'd be interested in reading about-

-Guardians of the Galaxy

-Spiderman

-Hulk

I also picked up Magneto #1 to read, since I really like Magneto. Any other suggestions except for what I listed would be nice, I just want to know a good starting point.

DUY12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By DUY12

I haven't started reading it yet, but All-New X-Factor by Peter David is something I am very excited about. I just finished the whole X-Factor run by him last night. A man that has written X-Factor for 8-10 years, has to be doing something right.

EDIT: I just reread what I said, and it makes me sound like I finished the whole series in one night... Which is not true haha.

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

@duy12: it's a different premise than the last X-factor, and mostly different characters, butAll-New X-Factor's probably one of the best book Marvel's putting out right now. I highly recommend it if you like Peter David's work at all; so far it's some of my favorite stuff he's done.

Lateralus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How much back story do you want? If you just want to jump in, I would say start at any #1 of the current running series.

Guardians of the Galaxy #1, Indestructible Hulk #1, All New X-Men and Uncanny X-Men #1 (because they tie into the current Guardians of the Galaxy run), Amazing Spider-Man #1.

A couple others I will throw out there because they have been great reads are Thor: God of Thunder #1 and Uncanny Avengers.

Godzilla_BK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Daredevil is on issue 2 right now, it's probably my favorite current run right now.
    There's no better time to start reading Spidey, The Amazing Spider-man issue 1 just came out as well as Miles Morales: Ultimate Spider-man issue 1. I'd hop on that train right now, you'll have no problem picking up the story from there.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.