Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

From Civil War until now.

blur1528

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By blur1528

Can someone explain to me what happened in all of Marvel after Civil War? What happened in Secret Invasion, Dark Reign, H.A.M.M.E.R. and Norman Osborn, how Tony got hurt. And anything else that was big. I've read all of Brubaker's Captain America( I'm currently on 608) and I read Siege. But I feel like I have missed so much. Any help is appreciated.

blur1528

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By blur1528

Oh and can someone tell me which to read first outta Age of Heroes, Avengers, Secret Avengers?

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#3  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @blur1528: Which characters are you interested in? Did you enjoy Siege? Are you a fan of Bendis' "writing"? 
    Answering these questions will make it easier to help you out :)
    blur1528

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By blur1528
    @FadeToBlackBolt: I just want to know how Norman rose to power, why Tony was hurt at the beginning of Siege, and exactly what HAMMER is. Also, which Heroic Age titles should I start with. Bendis's writing is good. I've read his first Ultimate Spidey run but I haven't read much else of his.
    Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Nova`Prime`

There really isn't an order to Heroic Age, because its not really an "event". Secret Invasion had the rise of the Skrulls looking to conqueor a new world after they lost most of their empire during Annihilation. Osborn rose to power because he killed the Skrull Queen, effectively ending Secret Invasion. HAMMER was basically SHIELD, but more proactive then reactive, it also consisted of foot soldiers from AIM and HYDRA. Dark Reign was pretty much just having known villains taking over the mantle of the Avengers and going after the heroes with government backing, so sorta like Civil War but villains pretending to be heroes while they still hunted the unregistered heroes. Tony got hurt because all through out Dark Reign he was going around the world basically erasing his memory because Osborn wanted to get at the knowledge in his head that would unlock the Iron Man Armor that was in his possession as head of HAMMER. Towards the end of Most Wanted Osborn finally meet up with Tony and beat him half to death, which was broadcast all over the world and started to show the cracks in Osborn's sane facade.

That's pretty much a quick summary of everything leading up to the current statis of Marvel, there is a lot missing, but those are the big points I think.

blur1528

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By blur1528
    @Nova`Prime`: Thank you. That is everything I wanted. I'm about to read the Avengers and Secret Avengers titles. I think that will do for a good starting point after Siege (well as far as I can tell). But me being mainly a DC man I appreciate the help to catch me up so I can start getting into Marvel
    Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Nova`Prime`
    @blur1528: No problem and I haven't been keeping up with Secret Avengers, but I liked the stuff with Nova and the Serpent Crown, but other then that I couldn't get into it.
    blur1528

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By blur1528
    @Nova`Prime`: So I read Secret Avengers 1-4 yesterday and it was really good. Does Nova have an ongoing? What can I find him in?
    Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Nova`Prime`
    @blur1528: Unfortunately Nova's solo title ended when the Thanos Imperative came out, but I highly recommend picking up the back issues, you can get them cheap in trade form on Amazon. But if you want some really good Nova story you should pick up all three volumes of Annihilation.
    blur1528

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By blur1528
    @Nova`Prime`: Sweet, I'll look into those. Thanks!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.