Fox discussing possible new marvel movies projects

#1 Posted by Nighthunter (28580 posts) - - Show Bio
UK, September 10, 2008 - Variety has let slip some interesting gossip regarding Fox's plans for future superhero movies.

In an artcle about the studio's less than-profitable summer line-up, it reveals that Fox has decided to look into the remaining comic book characters they have the rights to in an effort to replicate their rival's success.

Aparently one idea is a Young X-Men project that, similar to the animated series X-Men: Evolution, will follow the main characters as teenagers.

A second idea is a spin-off based around Deadpool -- the wisecracking mercenary from the upcoming X-Men Origins: Wolverine (which Fox will release next summer) to be played by Ryan Reynolds

The final possibility mentioned by the trade mag is a reboot of the Daredevil franchise, which ground to a halt after only one instalment when Ben Affleck played the blind superhero back in 2003.
#2 Posted by Lady Nightmare (9103 posts) - - Show Bio

based off of deadpool y not just put him in

#3 Posted by Nighthunter (28580 posts) - - Show Bio

I completely support a reboot of Daredevil if Fox intends to do it right, if not don't waste money or my time

#4 Posted by Meteorite (3351 posts) - - Show Bio

The first Daredevil movie was good, they should have made a sequel instead of releasing Elektra.

#5 Posted by Nighthunter (28580 posts) - - Show Bio
Meteorite said:
"

The first Daredevil movie was good, they should have made a sequel instead of releasing Elektra.

"
the daredevil movie was a big let down, was bored to death in the cinema

I agree that it's better than Elektra though
#6 Posted by sora_thekey (8154 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked the whole Elektra Daredevil maybe what they should do is pick it up from there.

#7 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

young x-men?

boo
#8 Posted by King Saturn (223834 posts) - - Show Bio
Meteorite said:
"

"
Hmmm...I didnt really like that first Daredevil movie
#9 Posted by Lunacyde (17981 posts) - - Show Bio

They need better casting....casting and storywriting are key....that and not overdoing the special effects....TDK and Iron man are two perfect blueprints for what a superhero movie can and should be...although Iron Man could have done with a better villain.

#10 Posted by King Saturn (223834 posts) - - Show Bio
Lunacyde said:
"

They need better casting....casting and storywriting are key....that and not overdoing the special effects....TDK and Iron man are two perfect blueprints for what a superhero movie can and should be...although Iron Man could have done with a better villain.

"
I completely agree
#11 Posted by Nighthunter (28580 posts) - - Show Bio

it's a quite easy formula

good scrypt+good director+good cast+good effects+money invested+good comic book writer supervising=Perfect comic movie

#12 Posted by Alexander Anderson (4030 posts) - - Show Bio

Daredevil desperately needs a reboot.

#13 Posted by Lunacyde (17981 posts) - - Show Bio

If Brad Pitt werent so popular I actually belive he could pull off a good Daredevil....people underestimate his acting ability

#14 Posted by Mr. Wilson (6322 posts) - - Show Bio

Same here.  It needs a great down to earth revamp.

#15 Posted by zeitreich (53 posts) - - Show Bio

they should do films about the Runaways

#16 Edited by zweener (87 posts) - - Show Bio

Ive hzeitreich said:

"they should do films about the Runaways"
Apparently there is already one being planned according to wikipedia
#17 Posted by Nighthunter (28580 posts) - - Show Bio

Am I the only one that minds the announcement that Fox will still be doing comic movies? I mean....

So true
#18 Edited by Swordz81 (35 posts) - - Show Bio

I say totally redo the X-Men franchise start with X-Men : FIRST CLASS
Ed Harris would make a great Magneto

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.