Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

First Clip of Marvel Shorts Connects Incredible Hulk to Avengers

• 65 results
    No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 2

Edited By No_Name_

Marvel Studios is not just bringing audiences major motion pictures centered around popular Marvel characters (Iron Man, Thore, Captain America), but they'll also be dishing out some short films, too. If you have been a fan of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent Coulson (who has appeared in various Marvel movies and has helped bridge the gap between them) then you will be pleased to learn that Agent Coulson will be getting his own short film come September.

No Caption Provided

On September 13th actor Clark Gregg who plays Agent Coulson in the movies will star in his very first short film titled 'Marvel One-Shot: The Consultant.' The will accompany the release of the Thor Blue Ray and Blue Ray DVD and will be found exclusively on the Thor Blue Ray/3D Blue Ray disk. If you were lucky enough to have attended the Marvel 'Cup o' Joe' panel at San Diego Comic-Con, then you may have seen the preview to Agent Coulson's movie. If not, you can check out an excerpt from the upcoming short film below!

In addition to the 'Marvel One-Shot: The Consultant' short film, we will also see 'Marvel One-Shot: A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to Thor’s Hammer…' on the Blue Ray and Blue Ray 3D. What do you think? Does this make you want to buy the Blue Ray? Are you looking forward to Agent Coulson's short films?

Source: Marvel

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#1  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

wasnt hulk connected to Avengers when Iron Man showed up at the end? 

anywhoo that wasnt bad, i know iron man was the one they picked eventually but i wonder who the "consultant" was and why coulson didnt want him so badly. 

but it does explain why hulk joins the Avengers, shield must have originally wanted blonsky on some kind of "work release" program 

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
    haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

cool clip. the short film might be cool

TypingKira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By TypingKira

YAAAAAYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

Some of my favorite marvel movie moments have had Agent Coulson in them. I love him so ^^ He's just made to be awesome.  Indeed, this will be a fitting birthday present ^^

movieartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By movieartman

WAIT IT ONLY COMES OUT ON THE BLU RAY  DISC NOT ON THE DVD
    YOU BASTARDS
    _jackbauer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By _jackbauer

Gwyneth looks absolutely delicious in that image.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By cattlebattle

am I the only one who doesn't give a crap about Agent Coulson

Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Nova`Prime`
    @Avenging-X-Bolt said:
    wasnt hulk connected to Avengers when Iron Man showed up at the end?  anywhoo that wasnt bad, i know iron man was the one they picked eventually but i wonder who the "consultant" was and why coulson didnt want him so badly.  but it does explain why hulk joins the Avengers, shield must have originally wanted blonsky on some kind of "work release" program  
    I think Stark is the consultant they are talking about, its just he doesn't want to use him. Because if you recall at the end of IM2 Stark is talking to Fury about waiving his consulting fee. Because they want Iron Man not Stark.
    Seraphim84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Seraphim84

Thinking about a Blu-Ray version of the Thor movie made me think of this: Beta Blu-Ray Bill. That's all.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

#9  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt
    @Nova`Prime` said:
    @Avenging-X-Bolt said:
    wasnt hulk connected to Avengers when Iron Man showed up at the end?  anywhoo that wasnt bad, i know iron man was the one they picked eventually but i wonder who the "consultant" was and why coulson didnt want him so badly.  but it does explain why hulk joins the Avengers, shield must have originally wanted blonsky on some kind of "work release" program  
    I think Stark is the consultant they are talking about, its just he doesn't want to use him. Because if you recall at the end of IM2 Stark is talking to Fury about waiving his consulting fee. Because they want Iron Man not Stark.

oh i see,  i must have missed it
    isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By isaac_clarke
    @Nova`Prime` said:
    @Avenging-X-Bolt said:
    He is, namely why that was so funny. 
    Plus who else went to chat with Ross at the end of the Hulk? This scene is seemingly before Stark talks with Ross.
    AlKusanagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By AlKusanagi

If I recall correctly, Hulk's fight with the military on the university campus also appeared on background monitors during IM2.

hitechlolife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By hitechlolife

The consultant is possibly Tony Stark if you think back to the post credit scene forIM2. Plus the whole 'some one arrogant and abrasive with an utter disdain for authority' bit.

Oh and Hate to be that guy but it's Blu-ray not blue ray.

Aqua11500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Aqua11500
    @AlKusanagi said:

If I recall correctly, Hulk's fight with the military on the university campus also appeared on background monitors during IM2.

Really,wow great eye O_O
    The Jeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#14  Edited By The Jeff

Agent Coulson for the win

Avatar image for artisticneedham
    ArtisticNeedham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By ArtisticNeedham

This doesn't make me want to buy it any more than I already did.  From the moment I saw it in theaters I knew I would buy it.  All this makes me do is wonder who is the consultant, probably someone super annoying or something.

AndyPhifer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By AndyPhifer

Yes, I'll go buy a blu-ray player and a 3D TV so I can watch a 10 minute clip. Oooooor I'll just wait for it to get on YouTube.

cdeoleo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By cdeoleo
    @Seraphim84: Same here!
    The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Pretty cool. Marvel aint messing around with their comicbook movies.

Avatar image for amp___seeker_of_lost_knowledge
    AMP - Seeker of Lost Knowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 14

@hitechlolife: It makes sense, because Fury accepts IronMan/rejects Tony Stark until he wants him to be a consultant.

AND There was a scene from Incredible Hulk (a news clip from the college fight) where Tony was meeting Fury....
    vertigirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By vertigirl

I know this would be absolutely ridiculous and they're more than likely referring to Tony Stark, but the more Coulson talked, the more I got the feeling he was describing Deadpool.  Wouldn't that just be straight out of left field. 

"Hey wait... This isn't the right movie is it? This isn't even my studio?! What!?!"

Green Skin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Green Skin

I'm thinking the Consultant might be Hank Pym.  He's a pretty integral part of the Avengers mythos and they'll probably want to introduce him before the movie comes out.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#22  Edited By fodigg
    @cattlebattle said:
    :( 

But...but he da greatest.
    difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By difficlus
    @Gambler said:

Pretty cool. Marvel aint messing around with their comicbook movies.

yep
    goldenkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By goldenkey
    @Nova`Prime`
    concurred, but is there a chance he's talking about Bruce Banner?  Who else is out there that Ross doesn't like, and why they would not want to release Blonskey.  What use is Blonskey?  I still say Iron Man on the grounds of the consulting fee waiver.
    cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By cattlebattle
    @fodigg said:
    @cattlebattle said:
    :(  But...but he da greatest.
    He was on some show with Elaine from Seinfeld, he was funny as hell on it

I just think they have used an existing Marvel character, that would have been nice
    Namor1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#26  Edited By Namor1987

Does IM(1 & 2) come before Hulk i  continuity? With Thor coming after them & Captain America before them?
    KRISisDOPE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By KRISisDOPE
    @movieartman:  AGREED
    Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Doctorchimp
    @Green Skin said:
    I'm thinking the Consultant might be Hank Pym.  He's a pretty integral part of the Avengers mythos and they'll probably want to introduce him before the movie comes out.
    You'd be right on the money, but this short takes place before the ending of The Incredible Hulk where Stark is talking to Ross.

And Robert Downey Jr's Tony Stark is definitely abrasive and has a disrespect for authority.

Also I doubt Pym is going to be on the team...

Between Stark being the hot head, rowdy, scientist, you're gonna have Banner to be the idealist scientist. It doesn't make much sense for them to shoehorn in Pym. He really isn't needed. I really don't even think he's that integral to the comics either...great character though.

If anything they need Wasp to have another girl and she can shrink so she's something different. They already have loads of super strength and technology on the team.
    Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Doctorchimp
    @goldenkey said:

@Nova`Prime`: concurred, but is there a chance he's talking about Bruce Banner?  Who else is out there that Ross doesn't like, and why they would not want to release Blonskey.  What use is Blonskey?  I still say Iron Man on the grounds of the consulting fee waiver.

I'm pretty sure this takes place after The Incredible Hulk and before Tony Stark talks to Ross in the post-credits scene.

But they're specifically talking about trying to make sure an order to kill Banner (as The Hulk) doesn't get passed. That's why they want someone who's abrasive, to mess with Ross so he looks crazy and people not to trust him.

They don't want Blonsky released because he's a monster and it probably has something to do with either Ross wanting to release the Abomination to fight Hulk again or they're looking for a super strong giant on the Avengers and it's between Hulk and Abomination.

They clearly want Banner over Blonsky, since he's smarter and his monster isn't evil, he's just out of control.
    Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
    RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

That looks pretty intense actually! Cool! 

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#31  Edited By Gambit1024

He's talking about Stark. Makes sense sense they never really explained what he was doing at the end of The Incredible Hulk. 

shawn87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 602

User Lists: 11

#32  Edited By shawn87

Say what you want about Marvel but they are the most innovative comic publisher out there when it comes to their cinematic universe. It's about time too. Marvel blew away DC this year and even with The Dark Knight Rises (which i cant wait for) coming out next year, Marvel will more than likely own 2012 as well.  

Keep them coming Marvel!

Green Skin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Green Skin
    @Doctorchimp said:
    @Green Skin said:
    You'd be right on the money, but this short takes place before the ending of The Incredible Hulk where Stark is talking to Ross.  And Robert Downey Jr's Tony Stark is definitely abrasive and has a disrespect for authority.  Also I doubt Pym is going to be on the team... Between Stark being the hot head, rowdy, scientist, you're gonna have Banner to be the idealist scientist. It doesn't make much sense for them to shoehorn in Pym. He really isn't needed. I really don't even think he's that integral to the comics either...great character though.  If anything they need Wasp to have another girl and she can shrink so she's something different. They already have loads of super strength and technology on the team.
    Thats a very good point, I always forget about Banner.
    Sky_Jokiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#34  Edited By Sky_Jokiel

That's stupid that its only on blue-ray?  I don't own a blue-ray player as probably a lot of people don't, so why try to push blue-ray so much?

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By RisingBean

Alienated because I don't buy Blu-Ray. Way to go, Marvel.
    Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

#36  Edited By Decept-O

@_jackbauer said:

Gwyneth looks absolutely delicious in that image.

I quite agree.

Avatar image for somethingstronger
    SomethingStronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sorry but if i read "blue ray" one more time im gonna go blue in the face..(its blu-ray)

leokearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#38  Edited By leokearon

First Clip of Marvel Shorts Connects Incredible Hulk to Avengers

Actually, the extra final scene of Incredible Hulk did that, so the Agent Coulson clip is pointless

Eyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Eyz

Alright...now they're trying waaaay too much to glue these movies/universe together! XD

DoctorTrips

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By DoctorTrips

I really am not understanding why everyone is wondering who 'the Consultant' is. It's Tony Stark. Now I know that doesn't seem to make sense but we must remember that the Marvel Cinematic Universe's chronology is really messed up. Like the post-credits scene of the Incredible Hulk happens after the events of Iron Man 2 - hence why it makes sense that's Tony is - since he took the job - the Consultant. The events of the movies don't take place in the year they came out; which makes sense because why would it take almost five years to assemble the Avengers if there is some kind of immediate threat.

I mean we don't know when Captain America was defrosted, Nick Fury isn't specific with the time ("You've been asleep for almost 70 years.") but most will probably take it that Cap has awoken in 2011. But he could've woken up before the events of Iron Man. Or during the events of Thor. The post-credit scene of Thor might be right before the Avengers but obviously after Iron Man 2.

Anyway I'm just saying the movies' chronology is very...malleable but all take place within the same short (year to two) timespan I'd say. An if you think I'm full of crap, a bunch of guys with way more time on their hands actually wrote up a MCU timeline. Its not official but it makes sense.

Here's the link:

http://www.filmbuffonline.com/FBOLNewsreel/wordpress/2011/05/02/a-marvel-cinematic-universe-timeline/

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#41  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

So okay lets see if I can get this time line right...

Captain America: TFA ----> Iron Man ----> IM2 ----> Incredible Hulk ----> Agent Coulson: The Consultant (Tony Stark) ----> Thor ----> The Avengers.

Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 5

#42  Edited By Omega Ray Jay

looking forward to seeing this on youtube as I will not be forced into buying Blu ray just for special features.

Green ankh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#43  Edited By Green ankh

Id love to see this.. but a blu-ray only is a pisser. I have no interest in them. i hate when they use tools like this to drive interest into a purchese.
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#44  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @Eyz said:
    Alright...now they're trying waaaay too much to glue these movies/universe together! XD
    The last few movies ending with cameos and nods to Avengers wasn't too much for you but a short flick is? 
    Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#45  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

It IS Tony they are referring to, if you remember at the end of Iron-Man 2 they said they wanted iron-man on the team not Tony, he would just be the consultant. 

brvermee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By brvermee

You might also argue that every person in the American military hates Stark, because he didn't want to hand over the Iron Man-suit, as seen in IM2. So Stark would definetly annoy the general.

keith71_98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 195

User Lists: 32

#47  Edited By keith71_98

This is cool little way to keep us pumped for the Avengers movie. Nice job Marvel.
    capaneus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By capaneus

Thore on Blue Ray!? 

Come on man, just proof-read your shit once.  

HubrisRanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#49  Edited By HubrisRanger

The fact that this is only going to be available on the Blu-Ray is baffling to me. Granted, I probably just need to nut up and buy a Blu-Ray player already, but I'd be happy to buy this content, even separately from my DVD purchases of the movies anyway. Now, I'll just end up watching them when they inevitably leak on YouTube or other, less technically-legal corners of the internet. So good job, Marvel, you just lost some money. Hope you're proud of yourself.

MagmaGazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#50  Edited By MagmaGazer

Wonder who the consultant is they've mentioned...*wink wink, nudge nudge.* 

Seriously though, what's the point to these short films? Are they really pulling a Pixar on us now that Disney owns Marvel? Waste o' time if you ask me, 'cause the films have already connected the dots enough.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.