First Clip of Marvel Shorts Connects Incredible Hulk to Avengers

  • 65 results
  • 1
  • 2
Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel Studios is not just bringing audiences major motion pictures centered around popular Marvel characters (Iron Man, Thore, Captain America), but they'll also be dishing out some short films, too. If you have been a fan of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent Coulson (who has appeared in various Marvel movies and has helped bridge the gap between them) then you will be pleased to learn that Agent Coulson will be getting his own short film come September.

On September 13th actor Clark Gregg who plays Agent Coulson in the movies will star in his very first short film titled 'Marvel One-Shot: The Consultant.' The will accompany the release of the Thor Blue Ray and Blue Ray DVD and will be found exclusively on the Thor Blue Ray/3D Blue Ray disk. If you were lucky enough to have attended the Marvel 'Cup o' Joe' panel at San Diego Comic-Con, then you may have seen the preview to Agent Coulson's movie. If not, you can check out an excerpt from the upcoming short film below!

In addition to the 'Marvel One-Shot: The Consultant' short film, we will also see 'Marvel One-Shot: A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to Thor’s Hammer…' on the Blue Ray and Blue Ray 3D. What do you think? Does this make you want to buy the Blue Ray? Are you looking forward to Agent Coulson's short films?

Source: Marvel

#1 Edited by Avenging-X-Bolt (12603 posts) - - Show Bio

wasnt hulk connected to Avengers when Iron Man showed up at the end? 
 
anywhoo that wasnt bad, i know iron man was the one they picked eventually but i wonder who the "consultant" was and why coulson didnt want him so badly. 
 
but it does explain why hulk joins the Avengers, shield must have originally wanted blonsky on some kind of "work release" program 
 
#2 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (8909 posts) - - Show Bio

cool clip. the short film might be cool

#3 Posted by TypingKira (3509 posts) - - Show Bio

YAAAAAYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  
 
Some of my favorite marvel movie moments have had Agent Coulson in them. I love him so ^^ He's just made to be awesome.  Indeed, this will be a fitting birthday present ^^

#4 Posted by movieartman (1008 posts) - - Show Bio

WAIT IT ONLY COMES OUT ON THE BLU RAY  DISC NOT ON THE DVD
YOU BASTARDS
#5 Posted by _jackbauer (157 posts) - - Show Bio

Gwyneth looks absolutely delicious in that image.

#6 Posted by cattlebattle (12602 posts) - - Show Bio

am I the only one who doesn't give a crap about Agent Coulson

#7 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4157 posts) - - Show Bio
@Avenging-X-Bolt said:
wasnt hulk connected to Avengers when Iron Man showed up at the end?  anywhoo that wasnt bad, i know iron man was the one they picked eventually but i wonder who the "consultant" was and why coulson didnt want him so badly.  but it does explain why hulk joins the Avengers, shield must have originally wanted blonsky on some kind of "work release" program  
I think Stark is the consultant they are talking about, its just he doesn't want to use him. Because if you recall at the end of IM2 Stark is talking to Fury about waiving his consulting fee. Because they want Iron Man not Stark.
#8 Posted by Seraphim84 (58 posts) - - Show Bio

Thinking about a Blu-Ray version of the Thor movie made me think of this: Beta Blu-Ray Bill. That's all.

#9 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12603 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nova`Prime` said:
@Avenging-X-Bolt said:
wasnt hulk connected to Avengers when Iron Man showed up at the end?  anywhoo that wasnt bad, i know iron man was the one they picked eventually but i wonder who the "consultant" was and why coulson didnt want him so badly.  but it does explain why hulk joins the Avengers, shield must have originally wanted blonsky on some kind of "work release" program  
I think Stark is the consultant they are talking about, its just he doesn't want to use him. Because if you recall at the end of IM2 Stark is talking to Fury about waiving his consulting fee. Because they want Iron Man not Stark.

oh i see,  i must have missed it
#10 Posted by isaac_clarke (5448 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nova`Prime` said:
@Avenging-X-Bolt said:
wasnt hulk connected to Avengers when Iron Man showed up at the end?  anywhoo that wasnt bad, i know iron man was the one they picked eventually but i wonder who the "consultant" was and why coulson didnt want him so badly.  but it does explain why hulk joins the Avengers, shield must have originally wanted blonsky on some kind of "work release" program  
I think Stark is the consultant they are talking about, its just he doesn't want to use him. Because if you recall at the end of IM2 Stark is talking to Fury about waiving his consulting fee. Because they want Iron Man not Stark.
He is, namely why that was so funny. 
Plus who else went to chat with Ross at the end of the Hulk? This scene is seemingly before Stark talks with Ross.
#11 Posted by AlKusanagi (598 posts) - - Show Bio

If I recall correctly, Hulk's fight with the military on the university campus also appeared on background monitors during IM2.

#12 Edited by hitechlolife (194 posts) - - Show Bio

 The consultant is possibly Tony Stark if you think back to the post credit scene forIM2. Plus the whole 'some one arrogant and abrasive with an utter disdain for authority' bit.
 
Oh and Hate to be that guy but it's Blu-ray not blue ray.

#13 Posted by Aqua11500 (2647 posts) - - Show Bio
@AlKusanagi said:

If I recall correctly, Hulk's fight with the military on the university campus also appeared on background monitors during IM2.

Really,wow great eye O_O
#14 Posted by The Jeff (290 posts) - - Show Bio

Agent Coulson for the win

#15 Posted by ArtisticNeedham (2234 posts) - - Show Bio

This doesn't make me want to buy it any more than I already did.  From the moment I saw it in theaters I knew I would buy it.  All this makes me do is wonder who is the consultant, probably someone super annoying or something.

#16 Posted by AndyPhifer (103 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, I'll go buy a blu-ray player and a 3D TV so I can watch a 10 minute clip. Oooooor I'll just wait for it to get on YouTube.

#17 Posted by cdeoleo (138 posts) - - Show Bio
@Seraphim84: Same here!
#18 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84653 posts) - - Show Bio

Pretty cool. Marvel aint messing around with their comicbook movies.

Moderator
#19 Posted by AMP - Seeker of Lost Knowledge (1221 posts) - - Show Bio
@hitechlolife: It makes sense, because Fury accepts IronMan/rejects Tony Stark until he wants him to be a consultant.
 
AND There was a scene from Incredible Hulk (a news clip from the college fight) where Tony was meeting Fury....
#20 Posted by vertigirl (2 posts) - - Show Bio

I know this would be absolutely ridiculous and they're more than likely referring to Tony Stark, but the more Coulson talked, the more I got the feeling he was describing Deadpool.  Wouldn't that just be straight out of left field. 
 
"Hey wait... This isn't the right movie is it? This isn't even my studio?! What!?!"

#21 Posted by Green Skin (2932 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm thinking the Consultant might be Hank Pym.  He's a pretty integral part of the Avengers mythos and they'll probably want to introduce him before the movie comes out.

#22 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio
@cattlebattle said:
am I the only one who doesn't give a crap about Agent Coulson
:( 
 
But...but he da greatest.
#23 Posted by difficlus (10679 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambler said:

Pretty cool. Marvel aint messing around with their comicbook movies.

yep
#24 Posted by goldenkey (2927 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nova`Prime`
concurred, but is there a chance he's talking about Bruce Banner?  Who else is out there that Ross doesn't like, and why they would not want to release Blonskey.  What use is Blonskey?  I still say Iron Man on the grounds of the consulting fee waiver.
#25 Posted by cattlebattle (12602 posts) - - Show Bio
@fodigg said:
@cattlebattle said:
am I the only one who doesn't give a crap about Agent Coulson
:(  But...but he da greatest.
He was on some show with Elaine from Seinfeld, he was funny as hell on it
 
I just think they have used an existing Marvel character, that would have been nice
#26 Posted by Namor1987 (1883 posts) - - Show Bio

Does IM(1 & 2) come before Hulk i  continuity? With Thor coming after them & Captain America before them?
#27 Posted by KRISisDOPE (8 posts) - - Show Bio
@movieartman:  AGREED
#28 Posted by Doctorchimp (62 posts) - - Show Bio
@Green Skin said:
I'm thinking the Consultant might be Hank Pym.  He's a pretty integral part of the Avengers mythos and they'll probably want to introduce him before the movie comes out.
You'd be right on the money, but this short takes place before the ending of The Incredible Hulk where Stark is talking to Ross.
 
And Robert Downey Jr's Tony Stark is definitely abrasive and has a disrespect for authority.
 
Also I doubt Pym is going to be on the team...
 
Between Stark being the hot head, rowdy, scientist, you're gonna have Banner to be the idealist scientist. It doesn't make much sense for them to shoehorn in Pym. He really isn't needed. I really don't even think he's that integral to the comics either...great character though.
 
If anything they need Wasp to have another girl and she can shrink so she's something different. They already have loads of super strength and technology on the team.
#29 Edited by Doctorchimp (62 posts) - - Show Bio
@goldenkey said:

@Nova`Prime`: concurred, but is there a chance he's talking about Bruce Banner?  Who else is out there that Ross doesn't like, and why they would not want to release Blonskey.  What use is Blonskey?  I still say Iron Man on the grounds of the consulting fee waiver.

I'm pretty sure this takes place after The Incredible Hulk and before Tony Stark talks to Ross in the post-credits scene.
 
But they're specifically talking about trying to make sure an order to kill Banner (as The Hulk) doesn't get passed. That's why they want someone who's abrasive, to mess with Ross so he looks crazy and people not to trust him.
 
They don't want Blonsky released because he's a monster and it probably has something to do with either Ross wanting to release the Abomination to fight Hulk again or they're looking for a super strong giant on the Avengers and it's between Hulk and Abomination.
 
They clearly want Banner over Blonsky, since he's smarter and his monster isn't evil, he's just out of control.
#30 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

That looks pretty intense actually! Cool! 

#31 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

He's talking about Stark. Makes sense sense they never really explained what he was doing at the end of The Incredible Hulk. 

#32 Posted by shawn87 (2095 posts) - - Show Bio

Say what you want about Marvel but they are the most innovative comic publisher out there when it comes to their cinematic universe. It's about time too. Marvel blew away DC this year and even with The Dark Knight Rises (which i cant wait for) coming out next year, Marvel will more than likely own 2012 as well.  
 
Keep them coming Marvel!

#33 Posted by Green Skin (2932 posts) - - Show Bio
@Doctorchimp said:
@Green Skin said:
I'm thinking the Consultant might be Hank Pym.  He's a pretty integral part of the Avengers mythos and they'll probably want to introduce him before the movie comes out.
You'd be right on the money, but this short takes place before the ending of The Incredible Hulk where Stark is talking to Ross.  And Robert Downey Jr's Tony Stark is definitely abrasive and has a disrespect for authority.  Also I doubt Pym is going to be on the team... Between Stark being the hot head, rowdy, scientist, you're gonna have Banner to be the idealist scientist. It doesn't make much sense for them to shoehorn in Pym. He really isn't needed. I really don't even think he's that integral to the comics either...great character though.  If anything they need Wasp to have another girl and she can shrink so she's something different. They already have loads of super strength and technology on the team.
Thats a very good point, I always forget about Banner.
#34 Posted by Sky_Jokiel (304 posts) - - Show Bio

That's stupid that its only on blue-ray?  I don't own a blue-ray player as probably a lot of people don't, so why try to push blue-ray so much?

#35 Posted by RisingBean (3607 posts) - - Show Bio

Alienated because I don't buy Blu-Ray. Way to go, Marvel.
#36 Posted by Decept-O (7275 posts) - - Show Bio

@_jackbauer said:

Gwyneth looks absolutely delicious in that image.

I quite agree.

#37 Posted by SomethingStronger (8 posts) - - Show Bio

sorry but if i read "blue ray" one more time im gonna go blue in the face..(its blu-ray)

#38 Edited by leokearon (1767 posts) - - Show Bio

First Clip of Marvel Shorts Connects Incredible Hulk to Avengers

 
Actually, the extra final scene of Incredible Hulk did that, so the Agent Coulson clip is pointless

#39 Posted by Eyz (3095 posts) - - Show Bio

Alright...now they're trying waaaay too much to glue these movies/universe together! XD

#40 Posted by DoctorTrips (127 posts) - - Show Bio

I really am not understanding why everyone is wondering who 'the Consultant' is. It's Tony Stark. Now I know that doesn't seem to make sense but we must remember that the Marvel Cinematic Universe's chronology is really messed up. Like the post-credits scene of the Incredible Hulk happens after the events of Iron Man 2 - hence why it makes sense that's Tony is - since he took the job - the Consultant. The events of the movies don't take place in the year they came out; which makes sense because why would it take almost five years to assemble the Avengers if there is some kind of immediate threat.
 
I mean we don't know when Captain America was defrosted, Nick Fury isn't specific with the time ("You've been asleep for almost 70 years.") but most will probably take it that Cap has awoken in 2011. But he could've woken up before the events of Iron Man. Or during the events of Thor. The post-credit scene of Thor might be right before the Avengers but obviously after Iron Man 2.
 
Anyway I'm just saying the movies' chronology is very...malleable but all take place within the same short (year to two) timespan I'd say. An if you think I'm full of crap, a bunch of guys with way more time on their hands actually wrote up a MCU timeline. Its not official but it makes sense.
 
Here's the link:
 
http://www.filmbuffonline.com/FBOLNewsreel/wordpress/2011/05/02/a-marvel-cinematic-universe-timeline/

#41 Posted by War Killer (20008 posts) - - Show Bio

So okay lets see if I can get this time line right...
 
Captain America: TFA ----> Iron Man ----> IM2 ----> Incredible Hulk ----> Agent Coulson: The Consultant (Tony Stark) ----> Thor ----> The Avengers.

#42 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7597 posts) - - Show Bio

looking forward to seeing this on youtube as I will not be forced into buying Blu ray just for special features.

#43 Posted by Green ankh (998 posts) - - Show Bio

Id love to see this.. but a blu-ray only is a pisser. I have no interest in them. i hate when they use tools like this to drive interest into a purchese.
#44 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio
@Eyz said:
Alright...now they're trying waaaay too much to glue these movies/universe together! XD
The last few movies ending with cameos and nods to Avengers wasn't too much for you but a short flick is? 
#45 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32993 posts) - - Show Bio

It IS Tony they are referring to, if you remember at the end of Iron-Man 2 they said they wanted iron-man on the team not Tony, he would just be the consultant. 

#46 Posted by brvermee (31 posts) - - Show Bio

You might also argue that every person in the American military hates Stark, because he didn't want to hand over the Iron Man-suit, as seen in IM2. So Stark would definetly annoy the general.

#47 Posted by keith71_98 (387 posts) - - Show Bio

This is cool little way to keep us pumped for the Avengers movie. Nice job Marvel.
#48 Posted by capaneus (2 posts) - - Show Bio

Thore on Blue Ray!? 
 
Come on man, just proof-read your shit once.  

#49 Posted by HubrisRanger (144 posts) - - Show Bio

The fact that this is only going to be available on the Blu-Ray is baffling to me. Granted, I probably just need to nut up and buy a Blu-Ray player already, but I'd be happy to buy this content, even separately from my DVD purchases of the movies anyway. Now, I'll just end up watching them when they inevitably leak on YouTube or other, less technically-legal corners of the internet. So good job, Marvel, you just lost some money. Hope you're proud of yourself.

#50 Posted by MagmaGazer (108 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder who the consultant is they've mentioned...*wink wink, nudge nudge.* 
 
Seriously though, what's the point to these short films? Are they really pulling a Pixar on us now that Disney owns Marvel? Waste o' time if you ask me, 'cause the films have already connected the dots enough.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.