Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

Exiles? or Mutant X?

the_fallen11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By the_fallen11

Hey everyone,  I'm looking to get into one of these series, they both peak my interest but im not sure which one I would rather get....I was wondering if the faithful CV peeps could sway me one way or another, overall im looking for the series with the best writing an storylines, if someone would help me that would be gerrrrrrate :)

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#2  Edited By SC  Moderator

Oh man, I am not sure I am the right person to ask. I have read both, but boy do I love me some Exiles... may I ask why either piques your interest? The alt reality nature of both? Exiles has more alt reality to it... is it something else? Seeing familiar characters in a different light? I think Mutant X might do a better job here... doesn't jump around as much and more of the main characters have 616 counterparts...  

Best writing and storylines.... I think Exiles had more highs and lows... with storyline. Writing, I might have to reread Mutant X myself to judge well...

the_fallen11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By the_fallen11

haha see thats the thing, I like the alt reality stuff, I have read all I could about both series and I just cannot choose..none of my friends have read any of these titles (which i found odd, but then again neither have I) and they are both fairly short runs so getting the full series wont leave me broke (always a plus) I just need some opinons, pros, cons....exc.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SC  Moderator

Oh okay I see, I'll run down a huge Pro/Con list later for each if no one else provides any more info. ^_^ 

Exiles would be the more larger choice, I was going to say more expensive, but they have those fancy super sized TPB's that are pretty good value.

the_fallen11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By the_fallen11

ah! thanks you're a life saver. 
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SC  Moderator

Aha, found this thread. Sorry for the delay. I need to book mark it for later! 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.