Earth's Heavy Hitters

#1 Edited by PrimeDirective (449 posts) - - Show Bio

In the Marvel Universe, what Earth-based heroes are capable of swapping blows with the likes of Thor, Hulk, and Sentry? I know Namor, Blue Marvel, Hyperion, Wonder Man, Red Hulk, She-Hulk, Red She-Hulk, Captain Marvel, and Hercules can. I also know I saw Jim Hammond take on Sentry (I have no idea how, because I don't know enough about him). Who else of the Earth-based heroes would count as a "heavy hitter"?

#2 Edited by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (4721 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Bolt, he's a powerhouse but few people care about him so he's never featured.

Dr Strange, although he may not be physically strong, he's a powerhouse with magic and is one of the most powerful characters on earth.

#3 Edited by PrimeDirective (449 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah... I guess Black Bolt counts. I tend to think of him as a cosmic hero since he's on the moon, but technically he's originally from Earth. Isn't he only a 90 tonner? All the others I listed are 100+ tonners (except for maybe Jim Hammond, again I have no ideas of his power limits, only that he dropped Sentry in like two panels).

And duh... How did I leave out Dr. Strange? He may not be able to swap licks with these guys, but he can "Miftana Fantadada" any of the above into the fetal position.

#4 Posted by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (4721 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah... I guess Black Bolt counts. I tend to think of him as a cosmic hero since he's on the moon, but technically he's originally from Earth. Isn't he only a 90 tonner? All the others I listed are 100+ tonners (except for maybe Jim Hammond, again I have no ideas of his power limits, only that he dropped Sentry in like two panels).

And duh... How did I leave out Dr. Strange? He may not be able to swap licks with these guys, but he can "Miftana Fantadada" any of the above into the fetal position.

Black Bolt has spent a large portion of his time living on earth and still tends to earthly matters. Although he isn't officially listed as a 100 tonner, he is able to match or contend in strength with powerhouses like thor, hulk, namor and thing. He also can amp himself to become stronger.

#5 Posted by PowerHerc (78275 posts) - - Show Bio

Atlas (Erik Jostens) and Black Bolt come to mind. Juggernaut, too, when he's playing the role of a hero.

#6 Posted by CaptnMcDeadpool (773 posts) - - Show Bio

You don't see it often, but Silver Surfer occasionally uses physical force. Some of his notable physical fights have been with Hulk and Thor. I don't see She-Hulk or Red She-Hulk in that league.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.