Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

Do you think the all new all different marvel characters are ruining Marvel Comics?

CainKong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Poll Do you think the all new all different marvel characters are ruining Marvel Comics? (34 votes)

Yes 35%
    Kind of 35%
    Not at all 29%

All new all different characters include:

The new Falcon-Joaquin Torres

The new Giant Man-Raz Malhotra

The new Wasp-Who is appearing in Civil War 2

Sam Wilson being Captain America(I know it is old news but i still don't like it)

Jane Foster as Thor(One of the only changes I like)

Amadeus Cho-Hulk

Proper Wolverine is still not back

No Fantastic Four

• 
    TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By TheExile285

The think the huge focus on diversity with ANAD is kind of forced and could be handled better.

Look at Spiderman. They've got Peter Parker with that business in one Spider-Man title, Miles has his own title but there's also the Spidey ongoing for classic Spider Man fans.

With ANAD Thor, Cap, Hulk, etc, you don't have that. Having classic comics for these characters would help appease older fans IMO.

Not really sure what the deal is with no FF. If it's really because Marvel lacks the movie rights, that's really sad.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Yes. Never thought it would happen but I've lost interest in Marvel.

Avatar image for deactivated-1351355
    deactivated-1351355

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I actually like Amadeus Cho as the Hulk.

The other changes? Nah....

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

Cant judge yet as im a trade waiter but im must say im interested

panther21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

no.

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By kcomicfan

I wouldn't go so far as to say that the changes are ruining Marvel Comics. That is way too extreme.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FemThor and many others....

billyspears

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

The new Falcon-Joaquin Torres This character just looks cheesy and being written by Nick Spencer... Not liking it

The new Giant Man-Raz Malhotra Haven't read Rage of Ultron yet so I'm not going to judge

The new Wasp-Who is appearing in Civil War 2 Civil War 2 hasn't even come out yet so I'm not gonna judge

Sam Wilson being Captain America(I know it is old news but i still don't like it) Really was never for the idea of Sam Wilson as Captain America, I thought Luke Cage would have been a better choice. Plus Nick Spencer's writing it full of left wing propaghanda.... Hating it

Jane Foster as Thor(One of the only changes I like) Yeah, we're just gonna make Titania a good guy who won't hit new Thor on some kind of principal, but I think she said once that she would beat up a sleeping She-Hulk. Also Jane Foster can somehow gain Asgardian knowledge and combat abilities by wielding Mjolnir which Eric Masterson, Beta Ray Bill, Wonder Woman, and Captain America couldn't do. Jason Aaron has absolutely no respect for canon and this is the biggest lore-rape in comic history but I'll get called a sexist if I don't like it. So, yeah I'm loving it, whatever.

Amadeus Cho-Hulk Been meaning to give this a chance. I really like Amadeus Cho.

Proper Wolverine is still not back Old Man Logan series is still young and it's alright so far. No problems with X-23 but not a huge fan of her's either. I'd say I'm still undecided.

No Fantastic Four This was actually a smart business play on Marvel's behalf. The book has been doing really bad for years even with writer like Millar and Hickman. The best thing Marvel could do with the FF was to stop the book then bring it back with a fresh concept.

one you forgot:

Miles Morales in the 616 I don't mind the character or the books. I wish they'd change the name from Spider-Man though, it gets confusing.

I'm going to have to rule with a "kind of." The ones that I'm not liking really has to do with the writers and either their disrespect for lore or their agendas.

Hollow_Point

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvel has been the liberal comic for the past decade, give or take. But now they're projectile vomiting their agenda all over me. I'm sick and tired of it. For now, I'm a DC-comics-only man

billyspears

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

Marvel has been the liberal comic for the past decade, give or take. But now they're projectile vomiting their agenda all over me. I'm sick and tired of it. For now, I'm a DC-comics-only man

DC is headed down a similar road with people like Gail Simone working there. Look at the controversy the twitterverse started about the Batgirl cover and how no one brought up that it was basically a rip off (and tamer version) of the Rose and Thorn #4 cover, an issue that Gail Simone wrote. SJW's have their people in DC and will be changing it soon.

Skarra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't agree with everything Marvel is doing, so I'm using the power of my wallet, as I'm sure everyone else is too, to show Marvel what we, the actual readers of these titles want, and have wanted in these books we buy every month. I want: decent stories, decent(great) art on the cover and in the book, and character development.

What I don't want: 'shock' events, 'universe' or 'character' changing events that last for 6-8 months until the book reboots with yet another damn #1 again. is it too much to ask to have a title get to maybe 50 issues before a new reboot/writer/artist?

I'm afraid Action Comics and Detective Comics are the only titles I'll ever see hit #1000 in my lifetime, possibly. After that milestone some guy will reboot them again.

Mexicutioner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kind of

They need to start creating new and interesting characters instead of forcing people into existing roles.

JReed2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm on the kind of side. I'm getting tired of it, I'd much rather them make new characters. Or at the very least if not make new characters just tell interesting stories with their existing characters.

magnetic_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@skarra: said

I don't agree with everything Marvel is doing, so I'm using the power of my wallet, as I'm sure everyone else is too, to show Marvel what we, the actual readers of these titles want, and have wanted in these books we buy every month. I want: decent stories, decent(great) art on the cover and in the book, and character development.

What I don't want: 'shock' events, 'universe' or 'character' changing events that last for 6-8 months until the book reboots with yet another damn #1 again. is it too much to ask to have a title get to maybe 50 issues before a new reboot/writer/artist?

I'm afraid Action Comics and Detective Comics are the only titles I'll ever see hit #1000 in my lifetime, possibly. After that milestone some guy will reboot them again.

^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^

I'm pretty much done with Marvel's current line of comics. There's just too much screwing around of the original classic characters by replacing them with teen mantle characters.

The creative original spirit that once made Marvel comics great is lost in a sea of convoluted counterfeits exacerbated by a flatulent editorial team.

Why can't they create new characters that don't have to ride on the coat tails of long established popular characters?

Madripoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

YES.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.