Do you think marvel should make an alternate universe like dc did

#1 Posted by IronHulkX (17 posts) - - Show Bio

Do you think marvel should make an alternate universe like how heroes are villains and villains are heroes like dc did with earth 3. I think it would be a good idea. Does anyone know if the are planning anything like that or if they did something like that already

#2 Posted by cuddles666 (310 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd like to see any kind of long-running alternate universe series from Marvel (except AoA, because what I've read of it sucked). I'm a huge fan of DC's Earth-2 series and since Ultimate Comics serve the same kind of purpose, an Earth-3 type situation would be great especially with Marvel's Illuminati.

Black Bolt, Iron Man, Mister Fantastic, Professor X, and Doctor Strange...evil? AND WORKING TOGETHER?!!!

I smell an awesome story.

#3 Posted by GR2Blackout (2564 posts) - - Show Bio

This isn't a fan-fic.

#4 Posted by IronHulkX (17 posts) - - Show Bio

yea it would be awesome. just imagine magento venom doctor octopus venom juggernaut as heroes? it would be a great story

#5 Posted by TheCannon (19008 posts) - - Show Bio

Not a fan fiction.

Although it is a good idea.

#6 Posted by Enosisik (1153 posts) - - Show Bio

AoA was kinda like that but mixed with half heroes turning bad and half bad turning good. Idk I think it's kinda difficult to have someone like Prof-x as a bad guy because he could take over most of the world in minutes with no trouble.

#7 Posted by jinxuandi (595 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by IronHulkX (17 posts) - - Show Bio

whats aoa?

#9 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

that would actually be awesome

#11 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (5530 posts) - - Show Bio

Hell no

#12 Posted by RazzaTazz (9676 posts) - - Show Bio

Moved to Marvel

#13 Posted by HammerTron (616 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel, unlike DC, has no problem with alternate universes. They have Squadron Supreme, Marvel 2099, M2, Ultimate Marvel, and Exiles visiting many alternate universes and the What If ...? series also showcasing different universes.

#14 Posted by Z3RO180 (6614 posts) - - Show Bio

the ultimate universe did something like that Reed richards went crazy and became a vilen

#15 Edited by SmashBrawler (5942 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope, I don't like it when companies borrow from each other and eliminate the uniqueness of certain concepts. Yes, the evil counterparts are common, but not that much in superhero comics; not to mention that many of the evil counterparts in superhero comics aren't very prominent (or at least, not as much as the Crime Syndicate).

The Cancerverse is the closest thing in Marvel if you ask me, except that villains are still villains.

#16 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (14940 posts) - - Show Bio

It would be intresting to see a evil devil worshiping Murdock dressed as a Angel, and a murderous Spider-man or something like that.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.