Disney XD is Set to Launch 'Marvel Universe'

• 105 results
Posted by G-Man (31798 posts) - - Show Bio

If you don't already have Disney XD as part of your basic cable package, you're really going to wish you did. Marvel has announced that Disney XD will launch Marvel Universe, a dedicated programming block that will debut the new Ultimate Spider-Man series.

Not only will this be the only place you can watch Ultimate Spider-Man but this is also where you'll see new episodes of the returning Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes.

Jeph Loeb, Head of Marvel Television said,

Marvel Universe block is an incredible animated ride filled with fantastic action and adventure. The spectacular team of writers and animators capture stories with all the dynamic fun you can imagine. Disney XD is the perfect place for families and Marvel fans of all ages to come together every Sunday.
== TEASER ==

Ultimate Spider-Man will premiere on April 1 and feature a teenage Peter Parker juggling life as a high schooler and superhero. He will also find himself as the newest member of Nick Fury's S.H.I.E.L.D. organization along with four other teenage heroes.

Ultimate Spider-Man involves the creative team of Joe Quesada, Paul Dini, Man of Action Studios (Ben 10 and Generator Rex) and Brian Michael Bendis. The voice cast includes Drake Bell as Spider-Man/Peter Parker, Chi McBride as Nick Fury, JK Simons as J. Jonah Jameson, Stan Lee as Stan the Janitor, Clark Gregg as Agent Coulson and Steven Weber as Norman Osborn.

I suggest you check with your local cable provider if you don't have this channel already.

Staff
#1 Posted by Daveyo520 (2447 posts) - - Show Bio

Too bad it isn't a block on The Disney Channel like the DC block on CN is.

#2 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool, I guess.

I'd like more shows to run along Avengers: EMH. FF, X-Men, Marvel Knights, etc.

#3 Posted by TheHood (155 posts) - - Show Bio

Drake Bell is Peter? Don't know how I feel about that...

#4 Edited by jorok_goldblade (69 posts) - - Show Bio

Pretty awesome. Still needs X-Men and Fantastic Four cartoons- and for all four to be in continuity with each other. I wonder who the other four teen heroes mentioned will be? Iceman and Firestar would be a great nod to a classic.

#5 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32993 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm still not sold on Ultimate Spider-Man

#6 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheHood said:

It's actually better sounding than you'd think. I got to see a sneak preview at NYCC and he does a pretty good job.

#7 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

Saw the USM preview. TSSM was better.

#8 Posted by joshmightbe (24876 posts) - - Show Bio

So does this mean we have to wait till april for new EMH episodes, cause it's already been too damn long since the last one

#9 Edited by cobra88king8 (338 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow Dini is doing Ultimate Spider-man, I'm going to have to watch that now. Isn't Cartoon Network's DC stuff under a DC nation banner?

Edit: I just watched the trailer for Ultimate Spider-man on youtube (odd that they haven't released anything since comicon), it looks like it has nothing to do with the Ultimate Universe.

#10 Posted by sweetesttoaster (144 posts) - - Show Bio

That's cool that they have Agent Coulson in the show but that's just like teasing something that can never happen. I'm guessing it's marvel tying everything together in the marvel cinematic universe but spider-man will never be apart of that because of Sony, so it's kinda weird. Nonetheless its still cool. Can't wait.

#11 Posted by mikeclark1982 (424 posts) - - Show Bio

DC nation has dc shows mad, gotham city impostors, a lego batman and now lego dc super heroes shorts... marvel is behind.

#12 Posted by redhood21 (803 posts) - - Show Bio

It will be legen..wait for it..dary!

#13 Posted by Bestostero (5618 posts) - - Show Bio

why do they feel that two shows constitutes a block... Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes and Ultimate Spiderman... Young Justice and the new upcoming Batman show which isnt even out yet? I guess they can pull from reruns of finished series, but yeah...not impressed.

#14 Posted by kamionero (313 posts) - - Show Bio

How come all marvel shows are kiddy shows!? The original X-men show was good.. . X-men evolution was too "teeny bop" and Wolverine and the x-men... that was just messy. Same with the movie-revenue hungry shows like iron man and the last spider man before this one...

Avengers EMH is not terrible... but when u look at DC and see what they are doing animation wise... Marvel is REALLY lagging.

#15 Edited by thanosrules (546 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks for the heads up! I just set my DVR to record the Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes... I will be on the lookout for Spidey!

I hope they do some dedicated Cosmic stuff someday. Heck, redo the old Silver Surfer Animated Series! (which as I just checked, the original series is airing repeats on Disney XD!!!)

#16 Posted by spider-man 2996 (660 posts) - - Show Bio

Wil this be playing in Ireland or England on that date???

#17 Posted by WildStyle (331 posts) - - Show Bio

Good shit. The first season of the Avengers cartoon surprised me. Really good stuff all around. I'm looking forward to season 2.

We'll see about Spiderman.

#18 Posted by BatClaw89 (144 posts) - - Show Bio

I want Justice League Unlimited back. Now that was a show. Batman Beyond, Static Shock and Justice League continuity? 0_o need I say more?

#19 Posted by Shaanyboi (67 posts) - - Show Bio

The new Spidey looks like crap... They cancelled Spectacular, which was an AWESOME showcase for the character without having to resort to stupid superhero crossovers, and now there's this.... yeah, no thanks.

#20 Edited by War Killer (20105 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024 said:

@TheHood said:

It's actually better sounding than you'd think. I got to see a sneak preview at NYCC and he does a pretty good job.

Yeah, honestly I saw the teaser from NYCC before I knew it was Drake Bell and I didn't even realize it. I think people should just forget it's Drake Bell and just enjoy that it's Spider-Man instead of thinking "Oh it's Drake Bell, this show's going to suck!".

But with this whole "Marvel Universe" I hope Marvel chooses to stick with these shows and have them crossover from time to time, right now all we need is a new X-Men show (even though Wolverine and the X-Men would have worked perfectly into this universe... -__-).

#21 Posted by CATPANEXE (9368 posts) - - Show Bio

They announced this specifically when the merge happened originally, I believe Stan was talking about it. I'm somewhat surprised it really took them this long to get things moving. 

#22 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@War Killer said:

@Gambit1024 said:

@TheHood said:

Yeah, honestly I saw the teaser from NYCC before I knew it was Drake Bell and I didn't even realize it. I think people should just forget it's Drake Bell and just enjoy that it's Spider-Man instead of thinking "Oh it's Drake Bell, this show's going to suck!".

But with this whole "Marvel Universe" I hope Marvel chooses to stick with these shows and have them crossover from time to time, right now all we need is a new X-Men show (even though Wolverine and the X-Men would have worked perfectly into this universe... -__-).

Totally. As much as I disliked WatX, it would've fit perfectly.

#23 Posted by ArtisticNeedham (2239 posts) - - Show Bio

The new Spider-Man cartoon, based on a short commercial I saw, looks really good. Dr. Doom will be on it, Drake Bell (I think his name is) sounds like Spider-Man. The animation and designs, from what I could tell, looked good. And i love the Avengers. Maybe they can show reruns of the Wolverine cartoon show and reruns of the old X-Men cartoon from the 90s too. Sort of like how Disney sometimes shows old reruns of the 90s Spider-Man late late and night.

#24 Edited by YoggSaron (812 posts) - - Show Bio

@War Killer said:

I hope Marvel chooses to stick with these shows and have them crossover from time to time, right now all we need is a new X-Men show (even though Wolverine and the X-Men would have worked perfectly into this universe... -__-).

As far as I know, Wolverine and the X-Men and Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes supposedly do take place in the same universe.

#25 Posted by MrMazz (1217 posts) - - Show Bio

Ultimate Spider-Man will premiere on April 1

YES finally hopefully its as good as Spectacular Spiderman it proly won't but one can hope

#26 Posted by pikahyper (11782 posts) - - Show Bio

Finally a date !!! it is so annoying that these cartoon channels never give dates for things until the last minute or after the fact, they just assume you already watch the channels... I missed the first episode of kung fu panda cause of this stuff and wtf is up with Green Lantern !!!

Moderator Online
#27 Posted by blueninjapanther (675 posts) - - Show Bio

Does anyone know when Avengers: EMH gonna show in the US?

#28 Posted by sora_thekey (8159 posts) - - Show Bio

I want an Ultimate Spider-Man trailer!

#29 Posted by Miss_Garrick (1757 posts) - - Show Bio

I CAN'T WAIT for new episodes of Avengers!! It's one of the coolest super hero cartoons I've seen in ages!! Vison and Monica Rambeau had better be in it!

#30 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32993 posts) - - Show Bio
@sweetesttoaster said:

That's cool that they have Agent Coulson in the show but that's just like teasing something that can never happen. I'm guessing it's marvel tying everything together in the marvel cinematic universe but spider-man will never be apart of that because of Sony, so it's kinda weird. Nonetheless its still cool. Can't wait.

Makes me wonder if they ever did get the rights back would they also make there Spider-Man Ultimate style, as in a teenager?
#31 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7710 posts) - - Show Bio

@blueninjapanther said:

Does anyone know when Avengers: EMH gonna show in the US?

It's already been showing. I have like every episode recorded on my DVR.

But anyways. Come on DC, bring us a DC Universe cartoon.

Enough Batman, Teen Titans, and Superman. I want to see alot more heroes.

#32 Edited by The Impersonator (5225 posts) - - Show Bio

For goodness sake, please let this Ultimate Spidey show not be cancelled just like the 3D series and Spectacular have been.

#33 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

@WildStyle said:

Good shit. The first season of the Avengers cartoon surprised me. Really good stuff all around. I'm looking forward to season 2.

We'll see about Spiderman.

No profanity. Please refrain from it in the future.

#34 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

Ultimate Spider-Man looks good. Better than that Spectacular Spider-Man show that got canceled.

#35 Posted by RedOwl_1 (1664 posts) - - Show Bio

*cough DC Nation competence cough*

Anyway I hope this Ultimate Spiderman will be as good as the Spectacular Spiderman (I hate the guys who cancel it)

#36 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (8985 posts) - - Show Bio

I am excited to see Ultimate Spider-man on Disney Xd. But I hope it is kind of like Young Jusitce in a way that it is for all ages and not just kids. I guess we will have to wait and see April 1st.

#37 Edited by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope this ultimate spider-man dosen't "go away."

Maybe we might get an X-Men tv show?

#38 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Finally an excuse to watch the Disney Channel again if there ever was one.

#39 Edited by cmaprice (809 posts) - - Show Bio

Ultimate Spider-Man certainly has a lot to live up to if they let the Spectacular Spider-Man die for it. It was probably the best superhero show to date, alongside the 90s Batman tas.

Meanwhile Wolverine and the X-Men, the best television attempt at that property, was also cut dramatically short.

If Disney had done what was necessary to get The Spectacular Spider-Man, Wolverine and the X-Men, and Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes as the lineup, I'd be tuning in every week, no matter what. A lineup of superhero cartoons that actually don't dumb things down significantly, and are actually wonderful shows in their own right? That'd be one and a half hours of bliss every week.

#40 Posted by sweetesttoaster (144 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbat87: I don't see why not. The new movie is about him being a teenager. That would be awesome though if they did get the rights back and have him appear in something like the avengers.

#41 Posted by TheMess1428 (2176 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope they do crossovers between the shows. That would be awesome.

#42 Posted by BlackArmor (6136 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel doesn't have its own ideas anymore........

#43 Posted by sparty-dbq (789 posts) - - Show Bio

Why isn't this on the regular Disney Channel? No way in hell am I spending 60 or 80 bucks on iTunes season passes for both of these.

#44 Posted by KRYPTON (1891 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome! The Man Of Action are in on this, this is freaking amazing!!! Can't wait for the first of April, unless this is a prank. Who knew Drake Bell would return to television especially as Spider-Man, anything is possible.

#45 Posted by joshmightbe (24876 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor said:

Why do people keep acting like Marvel and DC stealing ideas from eachother is a new thing

#46 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@InnerVenom123 said:

Infinitely better.  

USM doesn't even have a civilian supporting cast according to its voice-cast list. 
#47 Edited by BlackArmor (6136 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe said:

@BlackArmor said:

Why do people keep acting like Marvel and DC stealing ideas from eachother is a new thing

Not new just getting worse, more obvious

#48 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

Infinitely better. USM doesn't even have a civilian supporting cast according to its voice-cast list.

Also, JK Simmons works better as a real life Jonah. I miss the TSSM voice actor compared to his performance.

#49 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@InnerVenom123 said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

Infinitely better. USM doesn't even have a civilian supporting cast according to its voice-cast list.

Also, JK Simmons works better as a real life Jonah. I miss the TSSM voice actor compared to his performance.

Agreed, agreed. I liked Ed Asner the best, but the SpecSpi JJJ was awesome. I know we can't blame for Marvel for cancelling SpecSpi, as they just didn't have the rights to it, but it's still annoying they went in so different a route, yet still being so bland,with Ultimate. 

Spider-Man Team-Ups suck. Spidey is a loner!
#50 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

Agreed, agreed. I liked Ed Asner the best, but the SpecSpi JJJ was awesome. I know we can't blame for Marvel for cancelling SpecSpi, as they just didn't have the rights to it, but it's still annoying they went in so different a route, yet still being so bland,with Ultimate. Spider-Man Team-Ups suck. Spidey is a loner!

I think Spidey team ups can be well done, so long as Spidey isn't looking for a team-up. It's gotta be one of those "Look at the wacky mix-up we've gotten ourselves into!" kinda things. I don't mind his being on the FF or Avengers, oddly enough.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.