Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

Disney is really using marvel properties

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I was sick this week and weekend (cold) and I've been skimming the channels a lot. It's amazing how quickly you can keep changing them when your eyes water. Anyway I noticed that Disney is really using Star Wars and Marvel characters. They've put Star Wars and the Avengers into Phineas and Ferb and this weekend I think they recycled the original Red Sonja/Spiderman team up for a team up with Spiderman and chracters from a kid-sitcom called Jessie. I'm not sure about the new Star Wars Rebel show because I saw the first episode and wasn't impressed, but I can't say they aren't trying.

The Star Wars/Phineas and Ferb crossover was a lot of fun. Slipping the characters into the first film worked better than I thought it would.

TheLurker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By TheLurker

@mark_stephen said:

I was sick this week and weekend (cold) and I've been skimming the channels a lot. It's amazing how quickly you can keep changing them when your eyes water. Anyway I noticed that Disney is really using Star Wars and Marvel characters. They've put Star Wars and the Avengers into Phineas and Ferb and this weekend I think they recycled the original Red Sonja/Spiderman team up for a team up with Spiderman and chracters from a kid-sitcom called Jessie. I'm not sure about the new Star Wars Rebel show because I saw the first episode and wasn't impressed, but I can't say they aren't trying.

The Star Wars/Phineas and Ferb crossover was a lot of fun. Slipping the characters into the first film worked better than I thought it would.

Disgraceful!!

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Mark_Stephen

@thelurker: I didn't see the show, but that's what it looked like. I don't watch the Spiderman on Disney anyway, the whole attitude of the show turns me off, but from little I know of Jessie the attitudes of both shows match. Animating a life-action cast into a comic show is something I don't think I've seen for quite a while.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.