Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

Disney Infinity 2.0: Falcon and Loki Impressions

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

Earlier today we posted our interview with John Vignocchi, the VP of Production for Disney Infinity. Disney Infinity 2.0 was released back in September but we have seen some different waves of figures that can be played in the game as well as all the community generated content. Today the final two figures for 2.0 have been released--Falcon and Loki.

No Caption Provided

Both of these figures can be used in the Toy Box area and the Avengers playset. We have seen some enemies released, such as Venom, Green Goblin, and Ronan. Now Loki can be added to that list. With the Toy Box area, you can create your own scenarios and have heroes fight villains if you choose.

Falcon

No Caption Provided

Falcon is a pretty well rounded figure to play with. The first thing you'll gravitate to is his flying ability. Obviously being able to fly is always a big advantage in the missions and playsets. Having the ability to simply fly around makes things a lot easier.

No Caption Provided

With a simple press of a button, Falcon begins hovering, just as other flying characters like Iron Man, Thor, Nova, etc. It might be a minor thing but it bothered me a little that he does just hover instead of flapping his wings. It makes sense from a technical standpoint you wouldn't want to tax the gameplay for the sake of having him flap. Once you're up in the air, you can make him fly at high speeds which is impressive.

As far as fighting, he can shoot out hardlight feathers from his wings. You'll want to level him up to increase the damage they leave as well as the frequency you can fire between shots. Once you level him up to get his special move, he unleashes a storm of shots.

You can see him in action in the Disney Infinity trailer released.

His hand to hand skills are pretty good. The fight animation looks nice and mixing it up between the hardlight shots and punches makes some interesting combos.

The voice is from the animated series. So if you're expecting to hear Anthony Mackie, don't get your hopes up. A new disc, Ultimate Falcon, has been released which is supposed to give him his Winter Soldier outfit.

The key to Falcon is leveling him up. Once you do, he becomes even more impressive.

Loki

No Caption Provided

It's always a little weird playing as the villains. You feel a little sneaky playing as him. His movement animation gives him a sort of slinking motion. You can fight with and without his staff. It's automatic. It sort of appears out of nowhere but he is Loki after all.

No Caption Provided

As with Falcon, you'll want to level him up. Both figures have a jumping points in the number of points you'll have to earn (from collecting the sparks during battles and such). Once you get his special move, you'll have the ability to create illusions--duplicate Lokis. This throws off the enemies as you swoop around and start taking them out.

His dash move is similar. He was a way of sort of streaking across the screen. This is great during combat as it allows you quickly move out of the way to prepare for your next attack. Charging up the staff lets you unleash a powerful blast at your opponents. You can even gain the ability to hover over your opponents. Again, this gives you a nice advantage.

You can see Loki in action in this following video.

Both figures are cool. If you've been playing Disney Infinity, you'll want to add these two to your collection. I haven't tried actually using them in Avengers missions since I've already completed them all and will just have to start a new game. It's unfortunate that these are the final two figures for 2.0. The plus is we've had some really great figures. There's still plenty of gameplay left in the game as you can either create your own levels and games or simply download a user generated one.

The figures tend to go for $13.99 each. Sometimes stores will have sales offering them close to ten dollars each. The Ultimate Falcon disc will also be available with a Marvel Team-Up: Captain Marvel disc, which allows you to call in Carol Danvers when you've earned the power points and are in need of assistance. She is not playable. The two-pack of discs will cost you $4.99, the regular price for packs of discs.

Let's hope we hear some news about the future of Disney Infinity soon. Until then, I'll keep playing the game with my daughter.

tikhunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I love Falcons pose, very dynamic.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

will definitely pick Falcon up sometime soon. might wait a bit for Loki.

WarDishy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Including these two, my kids still need 7 more Marvel figures. I'm sure they'll be asking for some soon enough lol.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I considered buying into the game but hear it is very repetitive. However I've still considered getting some of the figures to use as desk novelties.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.