Disney Enters The Marvel Universe With 'Prep and Landing'

• 52 results
Posted by No_Name_ (12593 posts) - - Show Bio

If you've wondered when we would start seeing some cross-over between Marvel and Disney, then the latest news out of Marvel might give us a clue. This holiday season Marvel will be teaming up with Walt Disney to feature the Disney property "Prep and Landing" in upcoming issues of AVENGERS #19 (11/16/11), SUPER HEROES #20 (11/16/11), SPIDER-MAN #20 (11/23/11). For those of you unfamiliar with Disney's "Prep and Landing" property, it's basically a story about Santa's group of elite elves (in military terms, think Special Forces) who use high tech and stealth gear to help Santa prepare his Christmas present deliveries.

Marvel's Avengers will be teaming up with Wayne and Lanny, two of Santa's elite elves for a special Christmas story. Apparently, these elves will be visiting many of the super heroes of the Marvel universe to...well...deliver presents. Because you know, even superheroes need presents on religious holidays, too.

== TEASER ==

“We’re all big fans of Prep & Landing, so bringing them into the Marvel Universe was a no-brainer,” said Axel Alonso, Marvel Editor in Chief. “I just hope that Lanny and Wayne have an easier time at my house this year than they do at the Avengers' Mansion!”

It's a cute concept, but is it something Marvel fans are interested in reading? The interesting thing about all of this is the fact that the appearance of these characters will occur midway through these ongoing Marvel titles in November, just in time for Christmas. So, does this mean that Lanny and Wayne will now be members of the Marvel universe? If you are unfamiliar with Prep and Landing, check out the video featuring the characters, below. What do you think about these characters becoming part of the Marvel Universe?

Source: Marvel

#1 Posted by Or35ti (1101 posts) - - Show Bio

This might ruin Marvel's flow... I don't know what else to say.

#2 Edited by CapFanboy (5393 posts) - - Show Bio

I really don't want to waste a page or two on santa's elves....waitaminute, did you say Avengers? Oh, Bendis writes that....never mind.

#3 Posted by Mr. Dead Pool (2625 posts) - - Show Bio

It was only a matter of time.

#4 Posted by Wattup (646 posts) - - Show Bio

Next up: Luke Cage teaches Huey, Dewey and Louie about Kwanzaa!

#5 Posted by BuddyBulson (403 posts) - - Show Bio

i hope they make it like "WHO FRAMED ROGER RABBIT, or COOL WOLRD" 616 gets over run by cartoons and they put them in SF with the mutants and aliens and whatnots.... sorta like marvels fables.

#6 Posted by sparty-dbq (862 posts) - - Show Bio

And so... the madness begins.

#7 Posted by ReVamp (22885 posts) - - Show Bio

As long as it doesn't take place in Marvel U... (skimmed through article)

#8 Posted by super_psycho (2789 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by rudorudo (54 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm actually fairly excited for this - but haters gonna hate.

#10 Posted by Baddamdog (2213 posts) - - Show Bio

WHAT THE FLIP

#11 Posted by ragdollpurps (16216 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder what's on the Avengers' Christmas lists...

#12 Posted by mikeclark1982 (422 posts) - - Show Bio

disney the pimp is laying down the law with marvel its prized prostitute. "you go do what i say or we go throw you out in the street!"

with this, i am DC and other comic companies TO THE CORE.

#13 Posted by The Poet (8179 posts) - - Show Bio

*crosses fingers for Darkwing Duck*

#14 Posted by astrid12 (84 posts) - - Show Bio

lol I'm down for random elves popping up in Marvel books...hey...look! It's in the next event! Christmas Gifts: A Marvel Comics Event. I can see it now Amazing Spider-Man: Christmas Gifts or X-Factor #228 A Christmas Gift Tie-In!!! Yeeeeaaahhhhh...

#15 Posted by Namor1987 (1892 posts) - - Show Bio

Not canon so I couldn't give a SPIT. It's not like its going to be Marvels next big event.

#16 Posted by turoksonofstone (12901 posts) - - Show Bio
@super_psycho said:
#17 Posted by danhimself (22731 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

I doesn't...it's taking place in the Marvel Superheroes line of books meant for children

#18 Posted by Musedp (79 posts) - - Show Bio

I believe that Disney is more than capable of doing this in a subtle and classy way, that doesn't distract us from the actual marvel universe itself, so I say bring it on!...it'll be fun IMO

#19 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6836 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting how the story takes place on December 21st...but yeah I agree with most everyone else here. The story's not canon so who really cares the implications? Good fun stuff.

#20 Posted by 00MirageKnight00 (41 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks like absolute shite 2 me

#21 Posted by BlackArmor (6138 posts) - - Show Bio

Whoah whoah whoah is Mrs. Clause Voice Betty White???? now i'm even more against this

#22 Posted by The Lobster (1520 posts) - - Show Bio

You guys are losing your cool over nothing. 

It's a Christmas story!!!! Since when has a Christmas story ever been an actual part of the any comic book continuity. Christmas stories are just for fun.

#23 Posted by NyxEquitis (401 posts) - - Show Bio

Somebody please tell me this is a joke...

#24 Posted by CptPanda29 (211 posts) - - Show Bio

That short was amazing, I'm not a big Marvel guy but I might pick that up.

#25 Posted by SpidermanWins (3963 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol this looks so funny. Looks cool in a corny, completely G-rated way

#26 Posted by weaponmaster (1401 posts) - - Show Bio

Lame, dated, lame.

#27 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

There's always hope Deadpool shoots them to death...

#28 Posted by The Impersonator (5718 posts) - - Show Bio

@super_psycho said:

#29 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13740 posts) - - Show Bio

@ragdollpurps said:

I wonder what's on the Avengers' Christmas lists...

a different writer (not counting Avengers Academy and Secret Avengers)

#30 Posted by turoksonofstone (12901 posts) - - Show Bio

Disney is Garbage. 

#31 Posted by Silkcuts (5123 posts) - - Show Bio
@turoksonofstone said:
Disney is Garbage. 
disagree.
Jack Sparrow is GOD
#32 Posted by The Stegman (26572 posts) - - Show Bio

Madness??  

no.... 

THIS 
IS 
DISNEY!! 

#33 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29515 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't wait for the uninformed masses to automatically think this means Disney is taking over Marvel. I just can't freaking wait.

On that note; anyone ever check out the comments on any given thing Marvel's facebook page uploads? Friggin hilarious.

#34 Posted by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

THIS LOOK REALLY BAd!!@!@!

Nahh just kidding, i'm not really a big fan on Christmas story.

Just because 2 unlikely universe do a story together doesn't mean its bad.

Look at kingdom hearts, they mixed final fansty with Disney and it was a success.

I loved the game although I only played kingdom heart; chain of memories.

#35 Posted by timetostart (22 posts) - - Show Bio

This why I can never love Marvel ever again because they're too franchised, they lost there sense of who they really are

#36 Posted by council elite (506 posts) - - Show Bio

i have a serious problem with this, mostly because walt disney was a white supremest. & disney has been selling sex to kids for decades!

#37 Posted by super_psycho (2789 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman said:

Madness??

no....

THIS
IS
DISNEY!!

yeah right

#38 Posted by Teerack (7623 posts) - - Show Bio

Ugh

#39 Posted by thephantomstranger (129 posts) - - Show Bio
it's basically a story about Santa's group of elite elves (in military terms, think Special Forces) who use high tech and stealth gear to help Santa prepare his Christmas present deliveries.

This made me think of the opening scene in Hush drawn in Frank Miller's style combined with the plot of the first Merry Gear Solid. If it was that I would buy the hell out of it...

#40 Posted by Wolverine0628 (369 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCrowbar said:

There's always hope Deadpool shoots them to death...

Yeah, true. lol

#41 Posted by ReVamp (22885 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself said:

@ReVamp said:

I doesn't...it's taking place in the Marvel Superheroes line of books meant for children

Which is fine. More than that. Its expected and good.

#42 Posted by krazyman27 (73 posts) - - Show Bio

Did you guys see the Prep and Landing special? It's awesome! So no, I don't have a problem with it. Plus, it's a Christmas comic it's just there to be festive and fun. If you hate the idea so much don't buy it.

This seems like a good way to introduce a younger audience to comics and Marvel characters. You all complain that they don't do enough of that but when they do you flip out like a bunch of little girls.

#43 Posted by krazyman27 (73 posts) - - Show Bio

And for all of you freaking out about it being in the Marvel Universe; answer me this; Do you read a comic called Superheros? Or one simply called Spiderman? This is the kid's line! So chill out and take a deep breath...

#44 Posted by VioletPhoenix (307 posts) - - Show Bio

Is this really necessary?

#45 Posted by Kairan1979 (16927 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Poet said:

Darkwing Duck & Howard the Duck Save Christmas.
#46 Posted by The Poet (8179 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kairan1979 said:

@The Poet said:

Darkwing Duck & Howard the Duck Save Christmas.

that would be fun...

#47 Edited by RedOwl_1 (1664 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh if the poor guys had a horrible time "stealing" a little box with a wood wheel, How the hell are they going to leave the presents under the AVENGERS tree?!?!? but is better than others have think about... (my favorite ones):

Oh really love this guy's videos

This one is little bizarre (just a little, like this point . that little, and hello kitty dies XD)

#48 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23238 posts) - - Show Bio

(remembers that he swore off Marvel completely and can relish in the terribleness) 

Hahahahahahahahahahahah

#49 Posted by HombreMan (101 posts) - - Show Bio

Let's imagine the possibilities of Marvel teaming up with Disney:

Kim Possible: Agent of S.H.I.E.LD By Jaggy D

Kim Possible: Agent of S.H.I.E.LD By Erich Owen

Daniel Izarri, 'Nuff Said

#50 Posted by HombreMan (101 posts) - - Show Bio

Mexican cartoonist Polo Jasso takes a lighter side om Marverl/Disney Affair on his daily comic strip El Cerdotado: Uncle Skrull, Bambie Punisher, Wolverine's Musketeers, High Mutant School Musical 4, Dr. Doom's New Groove, Tony Stark Pinocchio, MArvel Zombies VS Disney Zombies (Zombie Goofy!), The Incredible hulk Art Attack! and Spider-Mouse!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.