Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

Digital Comics and the golden age

dastari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By dastari

I don't know how many people have availed themselves of Marvel's Digital Library but I think its a pretty good service. Its biggest problem is that I wish we had access to pretty much everything Marvel ever published and its far from being that complete. To that end, I'm trying to enlist some help. I've always been curious about the origins of the very oldest characters in Marvel and thankfully Marvel Digital does have the first 15 issues of Marvel Mystery Comics and the first 4 issues of Daring Mystery Comics which were the first 2 books that took place in the Marvel U. I'm hoping to start a campaign to get them to upload more. I realize that some golden age books may not be digitized yet which is why I'm only asking for them to put up those books that have been reprinted in the last few years since those definitely exist in a digital format. Marvel has shown itself to listen when enough people ask them to upload a certain book. So anyone else who would like to see this I ask to e-mail onlinesupport@marvel.comand tell them that you want to see the following books:

Daring Mystery Comics 5-8

Mystic Comics (1940) 1-4

Marvel Mystery Comics 16-24

Hopefully if enough people ask for it we'll get the books.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.