Did Marvel Flash Point just happen???

#1 Edited by Teerack (4552 posts) - - Show Bio

So I just finished Age of Ultron 10... did a flash point just occur? Because that's kind of what I got out of it...

#2 Posted by AweSam (7115 posts) - - Show Bio

Like... DC Flashpoint?

#3 Edited by stevencarver_ (84 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe? All of this seems really big and chaotic, much like Flashpoint was during its miniseries, but I suspect that we will get more detail about the future of the Marvel universe. When Flashpoint ended and the New 52 happened, I think it was very messy and there wasn't enough communication between readers and DC about the details of the new world, especially how the New 52 came to be. Post-AoU seems to be something that will shape up slowly, hopefully with more logical things and known details. Nearly two years into the New 52, and Trinity War is maybe sorta kinda going to show us what really happened. I think Marvel won't make that same mistake.

I think Infinity, the summer event, will explore the effects of space and time being broken, which is to say that AoU might have existed simply so that they had a reason to break space and time. I'm annoyed by that theory because it means that Marvel's writing team has gotten lazy, but the outcome could still be really cool.

All of this to say, if AoU is an equivalent to Flashpoint, it pretty much wasn't in response to the New 52. Marvel would be insane to think the sort of messy continuity DC has created is what readers want.

#4 Posted by tigerkaya (1245 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes it is. Because of this event I hate Zbarry Allen and Wolverine more than ever and I look forward to

The day when both companies make them punching bags for new characters o killed off preferablely by unknown disease.

#5 Edited by Teerack (4552 posts) - - Show Bio

@awesam said:

Like... DC Flashpoint?

Yeah basically in AoU 10 they managed to beat Ultron using a time travel plot, but once they beat him they had manipulated time so much that time broke. It even had an effect on alternate realities like Ultimate Comics.

#6 Edited by PrimeDirective (449 posts) - - Show Bio

All I know is I saw Mar-Vell when time shattered. If he's back, I'm gonna freak!

#7 Edited by fesak (6994 posts) - - Show Bio

Seems like an excuse to bring in character from other realities, but if Angela manages to kill Wolverine she might become my favourite character.

#8 Edited by Xwraith (10999 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it's more like Marvel's version of the Retcon Punch.

#9 Posted by The Stegman (20844 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, I will admit they look similar.

But I highly, HIGHLY doubt Marvel will go that route seeing as how many reacted negatively to DC's reboot. As someone above said, it's more likely a "Retcon Punch" Or a way for Marvel to set up the NEXT event.

#10 Edited by AweSam (7115 posts) - - Show Bio

@teerack: A retcon is a big possibility. There's no way they're going to Flash-Point their universe. I only really read Marvel for X-men, but I might just get into a few other titles to see what's going to happen next.

#11 Posted by PowerHerc (78172 posts) - - Show Bio

@xwraith said:

I think it's more like Marvel's version of the Retcon Punch.

Lol. This is an insightful statement.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.