Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

"Death of Spider-Man" and the Ultimate Universe

keith71_98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 195

User Lists: 32

Edited By keith71_98

Ok, I admit that I'm what you call "traditional" when it comes to comics. More than likely that's the main reason Marvel's Ultimate Universe never grew on me. Sure I've picked up a few issues here and there (The Ultimates series, Spidey #100, Ultimate X-Men trade), but I've never viewed is at "the real thing". It was just an alternate world that I wasn't going to invest in. But you know, maybe I was missing out on a good thing. 

G-Man convinced me to read "Death of Spider-Man". After picking up the back issues and finale I gotta say I'm impressed. While I'm not the biggest Bendis fan, he and Bagley really knocked it out of the park with this one. From the writing to the structure of the book, there is little to find wrong with it. So that said, has my own obstinance towards the Ultimate Universe caused me to miss out on some really great material? I dunno. But after "Death of Spider-Man" I just may have to pay the Ultimate Universe a little more attention.
    greenlight1107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By greenlight1107

I was never a devoted reader of Ultimate Spider-Man either, but with this issue "Death of Spider Man"every comic fan should be a little suspect. I mean when a company kills off one of their lead characters there are reasons to suspect that this death will be lead to something already in the work's. And we must remember that this isn't the “real” Spider-Man/Peter Parker of official Marvel Universe, this Peter Parker of Marvels “Ultimates” universe is separate and more of a pop culture movie type series. Any who..... I have not grabbed a copy yet, but if what your saying is true I have to check it out....

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

there already replacing pete with another spiderman any way

keith71_98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 195

#3  Edited By keith71_98
    @greenlight1107
    I kinda have the same perspective. This isn't the "real" spidey. You would think that would kill the impact of the story but not so. It's really stuck with me. It's worth picking up.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.