Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

Current state of the Marvel universe

thatlad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By thatlad

I know we're only just entering the heroic age but has anyone got any idea what's going on? 

Is Steve Rogers in charge of hammer, shield, fbi, cia, something new or all of the above? (also didn't fury find out shield was really hydra?) 

Also have we had any explanation on the whole multiple avengers teams? I get secret avengers are the black ops team and avengers are the main team but where do new avengers fit in? Are they the b-team? If there's trouble which team gets the call and what if both get the call, who takes the lead? 

Take second coming for example, outside the dome there the avengers but wolverine's on new avengers so shouldn't they be involved (well thing is there but as part of fantastic four) 

Fury too, is he now back in the good backs thanks to siege? He and his team were on camera fighting alongside the good guys. Where does he fit in? 

I'm a little lost by it all and I know a lot is still be to revealed but it's pretty mental at the moment. Let's hope it's been thought out cos continuity's hard enough to keep track of

LT1085

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By LT1085

Looks like it's time for you to head down to your local comic shop and find out.

xybernauts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By xybernauts
    @thatlad said:
    " I know we're only just entering the heroic age but has anyone got any idea what's going on?  Is Steve Rogers in charge of hammer, shield, fbi, cia, something new or all of the above? (also didn't fury find out shield was really hydra?) Also have we had any explanation on the whole multiple avengers teams? I get secret avengers are the black ops team and avengers are the main team but where do new avengers fit in? Are they the b-team? If there's trouble which team gets the call and what if both get the call, who takes the lead?  Take second coming for example, outside the dome there the avengers but wolverine's on new avengers so shouldn't they be involved (well thing is there but as part of fantastic four)   Fury too, is he now back in the good backs thanks to siege? He and his team were on camera fighting alongside the good guys. Where does he fit in?    I'm a little lost by it all and I know a lot is still be to revealed but it's pretty mental at the moment. Let's hope it's been thought out cos continuity's hard enough to keep track of "
    When all else fails read a wiki:)
    Avatar image for silver_knight75
    Silver Knight75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By Silver Knight75

After seeing This...

TERRIBLE on my part!!
     TERRIBLE on my part!!
    ofaaron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By ofaaron
    @thatlad: 
    Steve is in charge of everything, but H.A.M.M.E.R. has been disbanded. I don't know if S.H.E.I.L.D. is back, but I think it is. I'm not sure if Fury is on everyone good side as I don't read Secret Warriors, but I'd imagine so. Avengers are the main team, Secret are the black-ops, Avengers Academy is a school for some of the teen heroes that Osborne was experimenting on. The first New Avengers for this Heroic Age comes out tomorrow, so I'm not sure where they fit in.

X-men still kind of stand apart from the rest of the Marvel U, but second coming is ending, and in July they kick off a new arc about vampires or something.
    Silver Knight75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Silver Knight75
    @ofaaron said:
    " @thatlad:  Steve is in charge of everything, but H.A.M.M.E.R. has been disbanded. I don't know if S.H.E.I.L.D. is back, but I think it is. I'm not sure if Fury is on everyone good side as I don't read Secret Warriors, but I'd imagine so. Avengers are the main team, Secret are the black-ops, Avengers Academy is a school for some of the teen heroes that Osborne was experimenting on. The first New Avengers for this Heroic Age comes out tomorrow, so I'm not sure where they fit in.  X-men still kind of stand apart from the rest of the Marvel U, but second coming is ending, and in July they kick off a new arc about vampires or something. "
    oh great, more vampires
    ofaaron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ofaaron
    @Silver Knight75: 
    I'm not thrilled about that, but I do like Blade who is supposed to get involved. Its also cool that Namor has been hanging with the X-Men. I don't know why though, I haven't been reading Second Coming. I plan to pick up X-Men #1 next month though when all the... vampire stuff starts happening.

I really hope they handle this well. Vampires used to be cool, so maybe.
    thatlad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By thatlad

I'm not totally against the vampire storyline but I don't think it's big enough for X-Men #1 
    Given it's the first number 1 issue in 20 odd years why don't they go with a big time bad guy. I reckon Apocalypse wouldve been a good shout 

Little something else I was thinking about, the Hawkeye name. Obviously Bullseye wont be using it but what's going to happen to Kate Bishop? Clint gave her the Hawkeye name, bit snide to just take it back

thatlad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By thatlad

In fact, that's another thing. Where do young avengers even fit in this heroic age? Are they under Captain Roger's S.H.I.E.L.D / H.A.M.M.E.R / P.L.U.N.G.E.R. or independent like New avengers???

ofaaron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ofaaron
    @thatlad: 
    Their team page shows them as having appeared in The New Avengers #1, but I haven't gotten around to reading that issue yet (I really should.) It would be cool if they have a big part in dealing with that team. They don't have their own book though, to my knowledge.
    thatlad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By thatlad

Yeah I don't think so either, I think they should deal with it somehow by Cap Rogers telling them to do their own thing. Then they could have a few cool mini's as I don't know if they'd sell well enough for their own book. Definitely think they need to be involved somewhere though, they've been built up pretty well over past few years

ofaaron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ofaaron
    @thatlad: 
    I just went and read The New Avengers #1 because I was curious and the Young Avengers aren't really in there. Aside from that, the New Avengers seems to be an avengers team made up of people who don't feel comfortable answering directly to the government. So Stark gives them an Avengers mansion and Rogers tells them to go do what they will. Rogers has a liaison, so he knows what they are doing, but he says they are not going to assert any control over them.
    Fresh0133

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#13  Edited By Fresh0133
    @thatlad:
    The Young Avengers are out looking for the Scarlett Witch, they're getting their own mini, the name of which escapes me right now, here shortly.
    Silver Knight75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Silver Knight75

Vampires I think are still interesting, just overused.  

there are other things out there too. Maybe Gargoyles, Angels,etc.

TigerTeeth360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By TigerTeeth360

If I want to pick up the whole modern age of Marvel U, which story arc should I begin with?

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

The current Marvel Universe is to be frank, terrible. It's the worst it's been in a long time. Amazing Spider-Man is the sole shining light in an otherwise gigantic crapfest.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.