Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

Character/Team with most/best continuity

Hayzuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I am new to comics. And the more i get into them, the more i realize that whoever is heading Marvel up absolutely sucks at organization. However, i am going to try to not go on a tangent and get straight to me point:

What Marvel character/team has the best continuity and where would be the best place to start reading them? I really wanted to get into Wolverine, but it looks like he is in 3 different series that are all going in their own direction, which has really turned me off to him.

I am currently reading Magneto and just picked up the 1st TPB for All New X-Men on a whim. Can someone tell me how the rest of the All New X-Men is? (without spoilers)

Hayzuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I feel like i should get into the less popular series. It seems like the more popular a character is, the more inconsistent they become.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
    Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#3  Edited By Fallschirmjager

Personally if you ask me, the X-Men is a clusterf*ck.

Your best bet is to just pick something you like and read it and ignore continuity since that's mostly what they do anyway (goes for any title, now just x-men). Most continuity is irrelevant until it isn't.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.