Celestials and Magic Beings

#1 Posted by Ironshinobi88 (1304 posts) - - Show Bio

So Celestials are this all powerful space race right? When it comes to power and abilities how do they compare with magical gods like Cyttorak, Agamotto, Cthulu, Odin, Zeus, Osiris etc

#2 Edited by DonaldDuck (132 posts) - - Show Bio

Celestials seem to have power over space and matter within a local physical realm whereas magical dimensional gods have power over dimensions and time. Odin and Zeus are Earth pantheons, not dimensional gods. Quack quack.

#3 Posted by darthphoenix (873 posts) - - Show Bio

how about roma the guardian of the multiverse?

#4 Posted by The_Titan_Lord (6845 posts) - - Show Bio

Celestials have been repeatedly to more powerful than any God's. Some might argue that Scathan is more powerful than LT.

#5 Edited by TheFool (80 posts) - - Show Bio

Depends on how in depth you want to look, but Earth X did basically have Celestials swatting down everything up and including Norse gods. Though they do seem to be extremely vulnerable to attacks that warp the fabric of space and/or time.

#6 Posted by cosmic_reign (346 posts) - - Show Bio

Celestials have shown to be leagues above and beyond Elder gods. Cyttorak, Skyfathers, Hell lords....all below average Celestials. IMO

#7 Posted by Dayvid3 (820 posts) - - Show Bio

I've been wondering this lately. With all the Thor/odinforce hoopla on the boards, I wondered if odin is so tough why wasn't he with the heavy hitters like galactus and such when they gathered in the infinity series. Based on just power rankings on different web pages and comicvine match-ups, they made it sound like different tiers. Not very scientific, but that was the impression I walked away with

#8 Edited by cosmic_reign (346 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor did participate in the Infinity (guantlet) series but was more or less a foot-soldier.

#9 Edited by Dayvid3 (820 posts) - - Show Bio

@cosmic_reign said:

Thor did participate in the Infinity (guantlet) series but was more or less a foot-soldier.

Oh yeah I know he was in, but I was curious about odin, when they gathered galactus celestials, tribunal, those types

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.