Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

Captain America and Ironman #633

Gonzo33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Gonzo33

I was reading this http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=62217 and it says 'can the duo who came to blows inCivil Warwork together?'. I'm a bit confused; After all this time after Civil war, is there still a bad atmosphere between Cap and Ironman?

SupahForeigner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By SupahForeigner

Well it was a pretty full out war between the two, but to be honest wasn't it a different Captain America who opposed Iron-Man's registration act, in the end that Captain Amercia (Bucky I think) died in custody after surrendering so there would be no more suffering. I think. Then Steve Rogers took over again as Captain America? Unless I miss-read something.

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Cap10nate

@SupahForeigner said:

Well it was a pretty full out war between the two, but to be honest wasn't it a different Captain America who opposed Iron-Man's registration act, in the end that Captain Amercia (Bucky I think) died in custody after surrendering so there would be no more suffering. I think. Then Steve Rogers took over again as Captain America? Unless I miss-read something.

It was the same Captain America as it is now. Steve was opposed to the registration. He surrendered at the end and was "assassinated" when he was being led to the courthouse. That eventually led to Bucky being Cap until Fear Itself when Steve took up the Shield again.

@Gonzo33: They have made several comments back in forth since then. Steve blamed Tony for what happened in Seige and at the beginning of AVX when they went to get Hope, Tony said to Steve something like, "It wasn't that long ago that you stood for what you believed when others tried to take your freedom." I know that isn't the correct quote but it was to that extent. They also haven't been as close since Civil War and there have been some other exchanges between them that shows the distance that is still there.

Gonzo33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Gonzo33
    @Cap10nate Thanks, I've been playing catch up recently but their relationship has been really interesting.
    SupahForeigner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By SupahForeigner

@Cap10nate said:

@SupahForeigner said:

It was the same Captain America as it is now. Steve was opposed to the registration. He surrendered at the end and was "assassinated" when he was being led to the courthouse. That eventually led to Bucky being Cap until Fear Itself when Steve took up the Shield again.

@Gonzo33: They have made several comments back in forth since then. Steve blamed Tony for what happened in Seige and at the beginning of AVX when they went to get Hope, Tony said to Steve something like, "It wasn't that long ago that you stood for what you believed when others tried to take your freedom." I know that isn't the correct quote but it was to that extent. They also haven't been as close since Civil War and there have been some other exchanges between them that shows the distance that is still there.

Oh my bad then, apologies. Thanks for clearing that up

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.