Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

Big 3

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Hadrelius

If Superman, Batman and Wonderwoman are DC's big 3, who would be Marvel's?

Pania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Pania

Spider Man, Wolverine, and Captian America.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By WARLOCK2792

Pania says:

"Spider Man, Wolverine, and Captian America."
    Anyone who saw Marvel Ultimate Alliance and their CG hero bias would know that it is Spider-Man, Wolverine, and Captain America.
    Pania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Pania
    • chuckle * Actually, I've never played it (looks cool tho'). I was just thinking of the three most universally recognizable Marvel characters.
    Pania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Pania

In terms of picking popular character? I wouldn't be surprised.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By WARLOCK2792

Pania says:

"* chuckle * Actually, I've never played it (looks cool tho'). I was just thinking of the three most universally recognizable Marvel characters. "
    Oh, well then, we still agree. By the way, the CG's are VERY biased.
    WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By WARLOCK2792

Pania says:

"In terms of picking popular character? I wouldn't be surprised."
    Just like I wasn't surprised in X-Men Legends II, X-Men Legends, and now this. I must admit, I'm speaking out of "Storm" anger. She's one of the most recognized heroines of African decent or any ethnicity. But, for some reason, the CG's never show her doing anything if they show her at all. I mean sure, she has a LOT of speaking lines in the in-game stuff. But, CG is when you see your favorite characters become as real as it gets. I'm just mad that they haven't given her SOMETHING. But, if they make a second, all wrongs can be made right. Either that or I'll just glare at the screen with hatred. P.S. Why was Elektra on the cover?
    Pania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Pania

Probably because they felt they had to have some chick on the cover and Elektra has a movie and is "more recognizable" to the non-comic book reading populace. Yeah, it sucks.

I frankly wish they would stop marketing stuff to the non-comic book reading populace. Movies, games, whathave you. It usually just ends up watered down and sucking. Just make the thing for the fans and let the rest of the world find out what it's about for real.
    Post Edited:2007-11-27 09:08:12

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By WARLOCK2792

Pania says:

"Probably because they felt they had to have some chick on the cover and Elektra has a movie and is "more recognizable" to the non-comic book reading populace. Yeah, it sucks. I frankly wish they would stop marketing stuff to the non-comic book reading populace. Movies, games, whathave you. It usually just ends up watered down and sucking. Just make the thing for the fans and let the rest of the world find out what it's about for real.
    Post Edited:2007-11-27 09:08:12"
    Words that bring a tear to my eye! LOL If the cover was REALLY made for fans, then it would have either Storm, or Invisible Woman on there. Considering the fact that they are the most powerful (and might I mention fun?) heroines in the game.
    Pania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Pania

Agreed, I was surprised when I saw Elektra on the cover. Ororo and Sue are much powerful and far better developed characters, as well as being much better known in the comic fanbase. They are Marvel's female archetypes.

Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By Korg

Well, in light of recent events, I'd say Iron Man, Hulk, and Spidey/Wolverine

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Cloak an Dagger. I love that team.

Tahdigga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By Tahdigga

White Mage says:

"Pania says:
    "Probably because they felt they had to have some chick on the cover and Elektra has a movie and is "more recognizable" to the non-comic book reading populace. Yeah, it sucks. I frankly wish they would stop marketing stuff to the non-comic book reading populace. Movies, games, whathave you. It usually just ends up watered down and sucking. Just make the thing for the fans and let the rest of the world find out what it's about for real.
    Words that bring a tear to my eye! LOL If the cover was REALLY made for fans, then it would have either Storm, or Invisible Woman on there. Considering the fact that they are the most powerful (and might I mention fun?) heroines in the game."

What I really didn't like is that there wasn't enough female representation. Even when Ultimate Alliance gold came out none of the new characters where females. Were was Jean Grey, Monica Rambeau, Polaris, Psylocke. I would have liked to have seen Cloak and Dagger in there or at least make a cameo.

Tahdigga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Tahdigga

Gambler says:

"Cloak an Dagger. I love that team."

Me too! Another uderated team IMO.

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#15  Edited By The_Martian

Tahdigga says:

"White Mage says:
    "Pania says:
    Words that bring a tear to my eye! LOL If the cover was REALLY made for fans, then it would have either Storm, or Invisible Woman on there. Considering the fact that they are the most powerful (and might I mention fun?) heroines in the game."
    What I really didn't like is that there wasn't enough female representation. Even when Ultimate Alliance gold came out none of the new characters where females. Were was Jean Grey, Monica Rambeau, Polaris, Psylocke. I would have liked to have seen Cloak and Dagger in there or at least make a cameo. "
    Jean appeared in the Game, just not playable. She-Hulk should have been playable:P
    The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#16  Edited By The_Martian

Tahdigga says:

"Nobody says:
    "Tahdigga says:
    "White Mage says:
    "Pania says:
    What I really didn't like is that there wasn't enough female representation. Even when Ultimate Alliance gold came out none of the new characters where females. Were was Jean Grey, Monica Rambeau, Polaris, Psylocke. I would have liked to have seen Cloak and Dagger in there or at least make a cameo. "
    Jean appeared in the Game, just not playable. She-Hulk should have been playable:P "
    I'm talking about playable. Nightcrawler was playable and so was Doctor Doom. Gamers should have been able to control her. Yeah She Hulk would have been a good addition too. "
    Yeah, I guess that is true. Guess we can hope for more in the second one.
    Frisco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Frisco

I agree with marketing for comic fans.

Tahdigga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Tahdigga

Nobody says:

"Tahdigga says:
    "White Mage says:
    "Pania says:
    Jean appeared in the Game, just not playable. She-Hulk should have been playable:P "

I'm talking about playable. Nightcrawler was playable and so was Doctor Doom. Gamers should have been able to control her. Yeah She Hulk would have been a good addition too.

Sketchtor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Sketchtor

Sabretooth. Why did Jeph Loeb kill him? Does he think he's "cool" for doing it?

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Sketchtor says:

"Sabretooth. Why did Jeph Loeb kill him? Does he think he's "cool" for doing it? "

I know, that whole thing was garbage if you ask me.

fear monger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By fear monger

the thing is they have more big time characters the just three
    Post Edited:2007-12-21 11:42:05

gambit_1972

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By gambit_1972

I would say marvel"s big three are spider-man,wolverine and the hulk.Both spider-man and the hulk have had their own tv series before any of the marvel movies came out...there are tons and tons of merchandise decoted to those two and woverine is the flagship x-man you think x-men ya imediatley think wolverine.

gambit_1972

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By gambit_1972

Thats true...tons of them,Thor,Capatain America,Iron Man...everyone has their favorites but marvel backs the ones that make them the most money.

Avatar image for strongestonethereis
    StrongestOneThereIs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you are talking about their history together 
    How they work as a team and the respect they have for one another 
    and how the other heroes see them 

It's definitely 

Thor, Shellhead & Cap
    Thor, Shellhead & Cap
    EdwardWindsor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#25  Edited By EdwardWindsor

i would trade cap for hulk  so would have hulk thor and ironman even thou cap is probably more popular

StrongestOneThereIs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lazystudent said:

"i would trade cap for hulk  so would have hulk thor and ironman even thou cap is probably more popular "

But you have to look at their relationship 
    Hulk may have started with those two 
    but he never regard them as friends
    EdwardWindsor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#27  Edited By EdwardWindsor
    @StrongestOneThereIs said:
    " @lazystudent said:

"i would trade cap for hulk  so would have hulk thor and ironman even thou cap is probably more popular "

But you have to look at their relationship Hulk may have started with those two but he never regard them as friends "
    you said big 3 never said if they would get along . have fought together a few times battleword and the avengers for example a
    StrongestOneThereIs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lazystudent said:
    " @StrongestOneThereIs said:
    " @lazystudent said:

But you have to look at their relationship Hulk may have started with those two but he never regard them as friends "
    you said big 3 never said if they would get along . have fought together a few times battleword and the avengers for example a "

I didn't make the thread 
    but if he is talking about Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman 
    they are considered the Big 3 for more than just power 
    it's their dynamic together 

I could put any 3 together  
    but how would the rest of the Marvel Heros community feel about them? 
    Do they look up to them? 
    Only Thor, Cap and Iron Man ever had that form of respect from all the other heroes 

Most find Wolverine to be as bad as the bad guys 
    same goes for the Hulk 
    Spiderman is a clown to most of them
    Avatar image for darth_brendroid
    darth_brendroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By darth_brendroid

lol, poor Spidey xD

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.