Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

best hand-to-hand human combatants in the whole marvel universe?

• 57 results
    Vitality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Vitality
    @Vance Astro said:
    " @Vitality said:
    I don't understand how it is false.  His strength, speed, agility...basically all his physical/natural attributes are increased by the serum. Which means it's not his natural ability.  How is that false? "
    You don't understand how it's false because you don't read his comics.I shouldn't have to explain this to you.It's common knowledge that Captain America is SKILLED with or without the serum and what part of..speed and strength have nothing to do with skill missed you? "

When you're talking about the best hand to hand combatant......speed and strength do matter.  
    Yes skill is very important....but when you meet someone with the exact same skill as you...then speed and strength will be the outlining factor.
    Vitality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By Vitality
    @Alurvelve said:
    " @Vitality said:
    "You're correct...I do not read his comics."
    Is this sarcasm? Sort of hard to tell at times in a written form.  If it's not. Then it just proves how biased your opinion/statement was. "

It's not sarcasm. 

I'm only going by what I know of Captain America. 
    Well...at least what I thought I knew. 

I thought he was a skinny little kid and the SSS transformed him. 
    Avatar image for deactivated-5ab1ccc482197
    deactivated-5ab1ccc482197

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Vitality said:
    "I thought he was a skinny little kid and the SSS transformed him.  "
    Before the serum he was a strong willed skinny kid with a dream. The SSS transformed him physically yes. But it didn't give him skill. All of that he did on his own. He trained. This is shown in his recent series clearly. As he is stripped of his SSS and still possesses all the skill/knowledge he did while with the serum. Still capable of taking out several super soldiers at once. As I mentioned this was not the first time he has lost the serum either. On one of the other occasions it made him realize what might happened if he left him for good. Which only made his training and outlook to get better because he knew what would happen.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#54  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Vitality said:
    When you're talking about the best hand to hand combatant......speed and strength do matter.  Yes skill is very important....but when you meet someone with the exact same skill as you...then speed and strength will be the outlining factor. "
    Everyone is depowered so why doesn't Cap belong on the list.Again,those things have nothing to do with skills.They are depowered so their powers aren't considered.Skill vs. Skill.
    Avatar image for donovan_montgomery
    Donovan Montgomery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 17

I think the point with Steve is if he never took the serum, he would still be the skinny kid and therefore would (possibly) never have got/taken the training to make him into the man he is today.  All that aside, now he does belong on the list.
    CaptainJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By CaptainJustice
    @Vance Astro said:
    " @CaptainJustice said:
    " That post is completely true. "
    It's really not at all. "

It actually really is.
    ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

User Lists: 2

#57  Edited By ImperiousRix

Late to the party, but I'd put the top 5 something like this (in no order)... 
    Shang Chi 
    Iron Fist 
    Gamora 
    Taskmaster  
    Steve Rogers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.