Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

best hand-to-hand human combatants in the whole marvel universe?

• 57 results
    Askani'Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Askani'Son

no powers, no weapons, nothing but training and natural ability...this is my list so far: 

definitely
    - logan 
    - matt murdock 
    - elektra natchios 
    - natasha romanov 
    - steve rogers 
    - bucky barnes 
    - daken 
    - laura kinney 
    - t'challa 

maybe? 
    - raven darkholme
    - nathan summers 
    - frank castle 
    - ka-zar 
    - luke cage 
    - iron fist 
    - nick fury 
    - victor creed (though it's hard to imagine him without his powers...would he still be huge?) 
    - wade wilson 
    - silver samurai 
    - betsy braddock 
    - bullseye

Avatar image for violet_eyed_dragon
    Violet-Eyed Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Best at H2H if Powerless

Taskmaster (if we are saying that he has all his memories)
    Echo (if memories intact) 
    Finesse (if memories intact)
    Danger (if memories downloaded into human body)
    Ultron (if memories downloaded into human body)
    Vision (if memories downloaded into human body)
    Jocasta (if memories downloaded into human body)
    Galactus (if memories and knowledge downloaded into human body)
    AMS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By AMS

Shang Chi
    Mantis 
    Danny Rand

PumpkinBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By PumpkinBomb

Bullseye is way up there. He can go toe to toe with Daredevil and Elektra simultaneously, and even Taskmaster is afraid of him.

Avatar image for majinblackheart
    MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator

Gamora 
    Mantis 
    Midnight Sun 
    Champion

Askani'Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Askani'Son

i'm not that familiar with taskmaster, mantis, gamora, midnight sun, or champion...have they all had extensive training, or are they just natural-born fighters? 

i also thought about moon knight as a maybe, but i don't know enough about him to judge his fighting chops.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Askani'Son said:
    " no powers, no weapons, nothing but training and natural ability...this is my list so far: 

definitely
    - logan 
    - matt murdock 
    - elektra natchios 
    - natasha romanov 
    - steve rogers 
    - bucky barnes 
    - daken 
    - laura kinney 
    - t'challa 

maybe? - raven darkholme- nathan summers - frank castle - ka-zar - luke cage - iron fist - nick fury - victor creed (though it's hard to imagine him without his powers...would he still be huge?) - wade wilson - silver samurai - betsy braddock - bullseye "
    Iron Fist is a maybe? You don't even have to know anything about him to know he's top notch.His name is Iron Fist.His whole character is built around martial arts. 
    All of the characters you named are skilled fighters though.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
    deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

@Vance Astro:  

Don't be so humble. Post the link to that awesome list you made a few months ago. 
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#9  Edited By Mercy_
    @Jake Fury
    @Vance Astro:  

Don't be so humble. Post the link to that awesome list you made a few months ago. 
    Oooh. I want to see the list. xP
    PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By PowerHerc
    • Steve Rogers
    • Iron Fist
    • Shang-Chi
    • Gamora
    • Wolverine
    • Sabretooth (Age of Apocalypse)
    • Elektra
    • Daredevil
    • Black Widow
    • Mantis
    • Black Panther
    • Bucky Barnes
    • Moon Knight
    • Nick Fury
    • Punisher

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

Cappy

skeeter_eater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By skeeter_eater

lol Was Iron Fist really in the "maybe" category?  It's Iron Fist, maybe Shang Chi. 1a and 1b.

No mention of the Prince of Orphans?!?!  He's up there with them I think.  Elektra is just below them.

Askani'Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Askani'Son

it would be awesome if all of these guys got de-powered then got sent into some gladiator-style arena to battle it out...

CaptainJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By CaptainJustice

Shang chi is the best. Take the powers and enhancements away from the others and he wins 10/10.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Jake Fury said:
    " @Vance Astro:   Don't be so humble. Post the link to that awesome list you made a few months ago.  "
    I would if I could find it.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @CaptainJustice said:
    " Shang chi is the best. Take the powers and enhancements away from the others and he wins 10/10. "
    I like how people think things like this when Shang Chi has never done nothing to prove this.
    Foolkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Foolkiller

iron fist and shang chi are the top two. prince of orphans is up there too, and wolverine. without powers it's probably between iron fist and shang chi. shang chi is great and iron fist is the master of martial arts, including off world ones.

CaptainJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By CaptainJustice
    @Vance Astro said:
    " @CaptainJustice said:
    " Shang chi is the best. Take the powers and enhancements away from the others and he wins 10/10. "
    I like how people think things like this when Shang Chi has never done nothing to prove this. "

He has done plenty to prove it. He has fought many super-powered foes and enormous wild animals and top-tier martial artists toe to toe without any powers or enhancements and won most of the time.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @CaptainJustice said:
    He has done plenty to prove it. He has fought many super-powered foes and enormous wild animals and top-tier martial artists toe to toe without any powers or enhancements and won most of the time. "
    All of the things you named..every street leveler has done.Also Shang Chi has enhancements.
    CaptainJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By CaptainJustice
    @Vance Astro said:
    " @CaptainJustice said:
    He has done plenty to prove it. He has fought many super-powered foes and enormous wild animals and top-tier martial artists toe to toe without any powers or enhancements and won most of the time. "
    All of the things you named..every street leveler has done.Also Shang Chi has enhancements. "

These "street-levelers" did these things with enhancements and/or powers and/or weapons/gadgets. Shang chi did it with Kung Fu only. Shang chi does not have any enhancements only Kung Fu skill and training.
    crackerjack82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By crackerjack82

Wait prodigy would up there, thanks to the stepford girls Cindee, bimbo and Blondy, he know every thing of all the people he came in contact with, and that means he would be crazy h2h 

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @CaptainJustice said:

" @Vance Astro said:

" @CaptainJustice said:
    All of the things you named..every street leveler has done.Also Shang Chi has enhancements. "

These "street-levelers" did these things with enhancements and/or powers and/or weapons/gadgets. Shang chi did it with Kung Fu only. Shang chi does not have any enhancements only Kung Fu skill and training. "
    This post is completely false.
    CaptainJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By CaptainJustice

That post is completely true.
    Avatar image for donovan_montgomery
    Donovan Montgomery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 17

@Vance Astro:
    Wait, what "enhancments" does Shang-Chi have? 
    As for a shot list *not in any order, or complete just off the top of my head*; 
    Shang-Chi, Black Widow, Nick Fury, Punisher, Steve Rogers, Elektra, Bullseye, Iron Fist, Black Panther (T'Challa), *top of head is now empty.......*
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Donovan Montgomery said:

" @Vance Astro: Wait, what "enhancments" does Shang-Chi have? As for a shot list *not in any order, or complete just off the top of my head*; Shang-Chi, Black Widow, Nick Fury, Punisher, Steve Rogers, Elektra, Bullseye, Iron Fist, Black Panther (T'Challa), *top of head is now empty.......* "

The use of chi allowing him to perform superhuman feats.Same as Iron Fist.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @CaptainJustice said:
    " That post is completely true. "
    It's really not at all.
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Mercy_

How the heck is Iron Fist a maybe?

Donovan Montgomery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Vance Astro:
    When he uses his chi, it is no where close to Iron Fists, it's not so "mystical".  Even with out that, they are still two of the top fighters in the M.U. 
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

" @Vance Astro: When he uses his chi, it is no where close to Iron Fists, it's not so "mystical".  Even with out that, they are still two of the top fighters in the M.U.  "

No...Iron Fist is a top martial artist.Shang Chi is not.His chi feats are nowhere near Iron Fists but his physical strength feats (which he's done with the use of chi) are above that of most street levelers.Unlike Shang Chi though Iron Fist actually has the SHOWINGS to back up his position in the top tier.Shang Chi has done nothing.
    Donovan Montgomery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Vance Astro:
    Besides being "The Master of Kung-Fu", your right, Shang is low on feats to compare with the big boys cause he's always been either a second tier ,or lower, character.  And when he was up there in his own series, he was more grounded than your typical hero fare.
    Doesn't take away the fact he is one of the best h2h fighters, you put him in the ring with other de-powered characters and he could defeat them. 
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

" @Vance Astro: Besides being "The Master of Kung-Fu", your right, Shang is low on feats to compare with the big boys cause he's always been either a second tier ,or lower, character.  And when he was up there in his own series, he was more grounded than your typical hero fare.Doesn't take away the fact he is one of the best h2h fighters, you put him in the ring with other de-powered characters and he could defeat them.  "

He's not depowered though and he's not just a regular human combatant so how is that in anyway fair to use that in a comparison? People keep trying to put him on a pedestal like other human characters have advantages that he doesn't have and nobody takes the same things into account when they speak of other skilled street levelers.You don't have to figure what most skilled street levelers would do against characters if they were "depowered" because they get their wins regardless of the other characters advantages.
    Donovan Montgomery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Vance Astro:
    For this thread, everyone is depowered (says so in the OP), and IMO, Shang deserves to be on it.  You can argue if you want, but he's up there with the rest.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    " @Vance Astro: For this thread, everyone is depowered (says so in the OP), and IMO, Shang deserves to be on it.  You can argue if you want, but he's up there with the rest. "
    What I am saying is skills have nothing to do with powers.If you were going to prove that Daredevil,Captain America,Iron Fist,Elektra,Black Widow,Wolverine etc. were good fighters you would have to mention instances where they used "powers or enhancements" but that doesn't take away their skill.If you take away Wolverine's healing factor..you think Shang Chi would have a better chance of beating him? Wolverine has already beaten him without using it.
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#34  Edited By SC  Moderator

Fat Cobra - He really knows how to use leverage and his weight, for a great ratio of power to speed effectiveness.  
    Hercules - He approaches fights with a light heart but heavy fists, he created a pretty cool fighting style as well. 
    Davos - Like an angrier less skilled Iron Fist. When fighting ten or more ninja's, anger can be an asset rather than the impediment it would be against a guy like Iron Fist. I give him points for that.  
    Random Kree guy from a cave on a Skrull World. - You did say whole of Marvel. This guy has no feats yet, hell, he doesn't even have a name, or appearance in a comic, but he has spent 200 years learning a forbidden Skrull joint Kree fight style, that is almost infallible mainly due to him being dropped on his head, when he was 2, developing an injury that has developed the uh fight part of his uh brain to levels never seen anywhere else... ever...

Donovan Montgomery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Vance Astro said:
    " @Donovan Montgomery said:
    " @Vance Astro: For this thread, everyone is depowered (says so in the OP), and IMO, Shang deserves to be on it.  You can argue if you want, but he's up there with the rest. "
    What I am saying is skills have nothing to do with powers.If you were going to prove that Daredevil,Captain America,Iron Fist,Elektra,Black Widow,Wolverine etc. were good fighters you would have to mention instances where they used "powers or enhancements" but that doesn't take away their skill.If you take away Wolverine's healing factor..you think Shang Chi would have a better chance of beating him? Wolverine has already beaten him without using it. "

Why would I have to do this (bold) if I'm talking about their fighting prowress?  I think even without his senses (give him his sight back), witch is his biggest advantage in a fight,  DD is still a great fighter.  I did not say Shang was unbeatable, I said he belongs on the list of best fighters in Marvel. 
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    Why would I have to do this (bold) if I'm talking about their fighting prowress?  I think even without his senses (give him his sight back), witch is his biggest advantage in a fight,  DD is still a great fighter.  I did not say Shang was unbeatable, I said he belongs on the list of best fighters in Marvel.  "
    I know you didn't say he was unbeatable..he doesn't have any feats though.You said if you put him in the ring with other depowered characters he could defeat them.
    Vitality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Vitality

Steve Rogers does not deserve to be on this list.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Vitality said:
    " Steve Rogers does not deserve to be on this list. "
    -_-
    Avatar image for deactivated-5ab1ccc482197
    deactivated-5ab1ccc482197

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Vance Astro said:
    " @Vitality said:
    -_- "
    Get'm Vance!
    HexThis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By HexThis

Mystique should be promoted to definitely! She's an excellent fighter not to mention a total hard-ass. She was gutted and left for dead naked in the desert and still lives to tell the story!

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @HexThis said:
     She was gutted and left for dead naked in the desert and still lives to tell the story! "
    This doesn't make her a great fighter but I do agree she's very good.
    Vitality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Vitality
    @Alurvelve:
    @Vance Astro:  
    You can't be mad...it's true. 
    This is quoted from the OP: "no powers, no weapons, nothing but training and natural ability

His abilities are completely unnatural.  
    If it wasn't for the serum running through his veins he would be a skinny little man.
    daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By daredevil21134
    @Vitality said:
    "@Alurvelve:
    @Vance Astro:  
    This is quoted from the OP: "no powers, no weapons, nothing but training and natural ability"  His abilities are completely unnatural.  If it wasn't for the serum running through his veins he would be a skinny little man. "

@Vitality:
    OHHHH Ouch.....but wasn't he trained by the military

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Vitality said:
    "If it wasn't for the serum running through his veins he would be a skinny little man. "
    Perhaps you should read his Super Soldier series. Where he is drained of his SSS and still kicks all types of @$$. Of course that is not the only time he has been drained of his serum and still continued to put on good showings.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Vitality said:

" @Alurvelve:
    @Vance Astro:  
    This is quoted from the OP: "no powers, no weapons, nothing but training and natural ability"  His abilities are completely unnatural.  If it wasn't for the serum running through his veins he would be a skinny little man. "

He wasn't trained in combat by the super soldier serum.His strength and speed have nothing to do with skill. 
    Also i'm not and wasn't mad.I know what you're saying is false,I posted what I did because people continuously come in here and display a lack of knowledge.
    Vitality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Vitality
    @Vance Astro said:
    "@Vitality said:

" @Alurvelve:
    @Vance Astro:  

He wasn't trained in combat by the super soldier serum.His strength and speed have nothing to do with skill. Also i'm not and wasn't mad.I know what you're saying is false,I posted what I did because people continuously come in here and display a lack of knowledge. "

I don't understand how it is false. 

His strength, speed, agility...basically all his physical/natural attributes are increased by the serum. Which means it's not his natural ability. 

How is that false?
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Vitality said:
    I don't understand how it is false.  His strength, speed, agility...basically all his physical/natural attributes are increased by the serum. Which means it's not his natural ability.  How is that false? "
    You don't understand how it's false because you don't read his comics.I shouldn't have to explain this to you.It's common knowledge that Captain America is SKILLED with or without the serum and what part of..speed and strength have nothing to do with skill missed you?
    Vitality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Vitality
    @Vance Astro said:
    " @Vitality said:
    I don't understand how it is false.  His strength, speed, agility...basically all his physical/natural attributes are increased by the serum. Which means it's not his natural ability.  How is that false? "
    You don't understand how it's false because you don't read his comics.I shouldn't have to explain this to you.It's common knowledge that Captain America is SKILLED with or without the serum and what part of..speed and strength have nothing to do with skill missed you? "

You're correct...I do not read his comics. 

For some reason...I thought he was a skinny little kid before he was in the super soldier program.
    karrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By karrob
    @Vance Astro said:
    " @Vitality said:
    -_- "
    Lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Vitality said:
    "You're correct...I do not read his comics."
    Is this sarcasm? Sort of hard to tell at times in a written form.

If it's not. Then it just proves how biased your opinion/statement was.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.