Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

AXIS questions: Thor and Steve Rogers?

StarWatcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So I haven't been good at keeping up with my Marvels lately other than the X-men, and upon picking up AXIS today a couple of things confused me, I'm hoping you guys can shed a light on:

- Why is Thor still... Male, considering we have a new boobesque Thor since last week?
    (I have yet to pick up the issue, my store was out of stock).

- I know that Falcon is now Cap, but why has Steve Rogers aged so much all of a sudden?

Thanks in advance. :)

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

So I haven't been good at keeping up with my Marvels lately other than the X-men, and upon picking up AXIS today a couple of things confused me, I'm hoping you guys can shed a light on:

- Why is Thor still... Male, considering we have a new boobesque Thor since last week?

- I know that Falcon is now Cap, but why has Steve Rogers aged so much all of a sudden?

Thor is still himself. He just cannot pick up the hammer anymore so he is carrying his axe. The female Thor is a different person who hasn't been seen yet other than at the end of the last Thor issue. We still don't know who she is and she hasn't appeared in any other comic yet.

Cap had the super soldier serum sucked out of him by the Iron Nail in his comic book a while back and it caused him to age. This is why he can no longer be Captain America so he handed the title and shield over to Sam Wilson.

StarWatcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@starwatcher said:

Thor is still himself. He just cannot pick up the hammer anymore so he is carrying his axe. The female Thor is a different person who hasn't been seen yet other than at the end of the last Thor issue. We still don't know who she is and she hasn't appeared in any other comic yet.

Cap had the super soldier serum sucked out of him by the Iron Nail in his comic book a while back and it caused him to age. This is why he can no longer be Captain America so he handed the title and shield over to Sam Wilson.

Aaaah thanks so much!
    I knew about Thor not being able to pick up his hammer, I can't believe I didn't notice he had an axe.

Thanks for the Cap clarification. :)

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
    ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

Hulk340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Hulk340

@cap10nate:

The axe Thor is using, is it the same axe that cuts celestial armor that he used in his youth? Janjbarn or something like that?

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

@hulk340: I don't believe that it has been explicitly stated that it is the same axe.

Hulk340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

killraven4334

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By killraven4334

@hulk340: I don't believe that it has been explicitly stated that it is the same axe.

it has been

Hulk340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.