Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

Axis Questions

MiniSaladFresh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I have two questions about Axis #1:

1) As somebody who is way behind on X-Men comics and isn't even reading Avengers, will it make any sense to me if I read it, or will I not know what the hell is going on?

2) Maybe more importantly, is it any good? Worth reading, or is it heading the way of other Marvel events in recent years and looking like it's going to be total garbage?

nateb1211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well to answer your questions:

1. The event is basically based off of what has been happening in Uncanny Avengers. No you don't need to have been reading UA because there is like a 2 page summary of the story leading up to Axis in the beginning, though it would benefit if you are current on Remender's run.

2. It's hard to say if it is any good right now since we are only on the first issue. It may very well turn out to be garbage or mediocre depending on how much you liked the last several events but for me I am hoping that it will be good, mainly because I love the X-Men.

EightBitComic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Three issues in and I'm considering taking it off the pull list. The story and character interaction aren't doing it for me. It's strange because i like both Uncanny X-men and Uncanny Avengers.

Smoking_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Smoking_Gun

Three issues in and I'm considering taking it off the pull list. The story and character interaction aren't doing it for me. It's strange because i like both Uncanny X-men and Uncanny Avengers.

This is how I feel. It started off strong but the third issue really dropped off in a major way. I am actually quite upset by this. I love Remender's independent books, his writing and character development is among the best in the business. It does appear that he does not work too well with characters that are not of his creation. I think they are trying to move the whole series of events along far too quickly and that has hurt the interactions between the characters. I guess this is only going to be a 6 issue event, but I think if it had been scheduled for an 8 or 10 issue run we would have seen much better dialogue and character interactions.

To address the OP's first question, I haven't been reading Uncanny Avengers or X-Men regularly, however I did read the issues that were part of the Road to Axis prequel series, including Magento, Loki: Agent of Asgard, and Uncanny Avengers which made the beginning of Axis make a lot more sense. I recommend reading the Road to Axis books and you will be caught up (if you haven't already started reading Axis).

Avatar image for deactivated-5f2ad124c58dc
    deactivated-5f2ad124c58dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay. I'm totally lost on what has happened with Marvel at the moment. I have been reading up on it and here is what I have so far...

1. The Thing is in jail after being framed for murder
    2. The whole AXIS story has me flipped upside down and I don't know who is affected. Who is good now? Who is bad now?
    3. Spider-Man is now vital to a multiverse of Spider-Men
    4. Cyclops and the X-men were possessed by the Phoenix Force and now they are even greater outcasts to society...the X-men are still good guys right? because their actions are now pretty questionable to me
    5. The Avengers and X-men had a fight
    6. Iron Man is with the Guardians of the Galaxy and Pepper Potts is CEO of Stark Resilient
    7. Rogue Killed Scarlet Witch?
    8. S.H.I.E.L.D. took over the Avengers
    9. Thor can't wield Mjolnir and lost his arm
    10. Loki is back but younger
    11. Daredevil is in San Francisco
    12. Wolverine is Dead...now I'm sad
    13. The Hulk is now Doc Green
    14. Deadpool is now ZenPool.

Let me know if I missed something or need correction

batmite1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5f2ad124c58dc
    deactivated-5f2ad124c58dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

darknightr2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just wondering why Nova was not affected with the Axis shift?

darknightr2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If your way behind Marvel when reading Axis. I recommend reading Original Sin.

EJDAC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By EJDAC

@darknightr2000: Regarding the Nova question:

Nova wasn't affected because he was punched out of range by a sentinel just before the inversion spell was cast.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.