Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

avengers 2 shooting in s africa

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

black panther perhaps?

We're just three months shy of potentially getting an unofficial look at The Avengers: Age of Ultron with filming scheduled to kick-off in late March. Though principal photography is set primarily in the United Kingdom, you may recall last year when Marvel Studios reportedly requested permission to shoot some of The Avengers sequel in Cape Town, South Africa. Now it appears they've probably received approval from the city as the Age of Ultron has added a South Africa-based extras casting coordinator, J.P. van der Merwe, to its production crew list on the Internet Movie Database (IMDB).

The nature of the shoot is still unknown, but South Africa may be one of several international settings in The Avengers: Age of Ultron. Writer and director Joss Whedon revealed previously that “a lot of the sequel has to do with [the team's] place not only in America but in the world.” Of course, filming in South Africa also fuels speculation that Earth's Mightiest Heroes will run into T'Challa aka the Black Panther, whose homeland is a fictional African nation called Wakanda. However, when you consider the several characters that Whedon already has to flesh out or establish in the film, there may only be room for a reference to the Wakandian prince. The film could even make use of Wakanda's mound of vibranium, which is the rare metal that not only makes up Captain America's shield, but also has been sought by The Avengers' villain Ultron in the comics. Anyhow, Cape Town, South Africa has accommodated the filming of several major films such as Chronicle, Safe House, Dredd and more. What do you think?

In other small Age of Ultron news, Clint Barton aka Hawkeye actor Jeremy Renner has confirmed that he, too, has received his copy of the script, but he's not revealing anything from it anytime soon. And while there's been rumors of who might be scoring the Marvel sequel - Brian Tyler, but Alan Silvitri may return after all - it seems Joss Whedon already has some brilliant ideas:

Read more at http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=92469#ZY2FtXHB1pYfi2RY.99

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd be pretty happy if they at least nod at Black Panther coming after Avengers 2.

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd be pretty happy if they at least nod at Black Panther coming after Avengers 2.

hes phase 3 at best. if i remember correctly antman kicks that phase off next summer

Avatar image for transformers1024
    Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I don't think I can get anymore hyped for this movie! Ultron, Scarlet Witch, possible Black Panther cameo, more of Scarlett Johansson in black tights and QUICKSILVER!

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By FearTheLiving

@tazzmission: I know that, I just meant that they finally confirm Black Panther is coming in Avenger 2 (Phase 3). I'm excited for Ant-Man as well.

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TazzMission

@transformers1024 said:

I don't think I can get anymore hyped for this movie! Ultron, Scarlet Witch, possible Black Panther cameo, more of Scarlett Johansson in black tights and QUICKSILVER!

honestly when it comes to marvel im more excited for gotg . i loved avengers and i know age of ultron is a year away but hype wise yea its gunns gotg im really exastic for. even friends who havent read the comic that i showed the leaked 31 second footage 2 stated they want to see it only because its one of those things you just have to see since a tree and a raccoon is in it

Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh don't get me wrong. I may be psyched for Age of Ultron, but Guardians of the Galaxy is my most anticipated superhero film that's coming out within the next 4-5 years. I think James Gunn is going to make this movie a huge hit, I've been following him of Facebook and he really cares about making this the best movie it can possibly be!

Avatar image for themarvelfanboy
    TheMarvelFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hopefully this is true. Theyve been leaving easter eggs relating to BP. I think that Iron Man 2 easter egg was hinting at South Africa.

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh don't get me wrong. I may be psyched for Age of Ultron, but Guardians of the Galaxy is my most anticipated superhero film that's coming out within the next 4-5 years. I think James Gunn is going to make this movie a huge hit, I've been following him of Facebook and he really cares about making this the best movie it can possibly be!

yea i follow him to. dudes fricking funny man. i saw slither for the first time last year and i loved it

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10 the_stegman  Moderator

This is all I need to be satisfied.

No Caption Provided

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

Well they already hinted at Black Panther, along with other characters, at the end of Iron Man 2. I could see them slipping in a tease of him for a possible Phase 3 movie. Either way, I'm curious to see how The Avengers are seen worldwide. At the end of the first movie it seemed that the team was well accepted in the U.S., so how other countries react to them could be interesting.

JeanRalphio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By JeanRalphio

@transformers1024 said:

This is all I need to be satisfied.

No Caption Provided

What ass?

Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jeanralphio: ...your kidding right?? That's like saying Kate Upton doesn't have a huge rack.

M3th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By M3th

Nice, a nod to T'CHalla witH a possible explanation to How Ultron is created. I mean since Adamantium is out of tHe question.

-ABstract4$$#073-

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.