Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

Are there any non-powered heroes that AREN'T peak human?

Son_Of_Tchalla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

It seems to be the norm in comics for any hero that isn't gifted with natural powers or abilities to be in peak physical form. I was just curious to see if there were any superheroes (without powers) that have a body more grounded in reality.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
    Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#2  Edited By Fallschirmjager

Really, most of them aren't. There are far less peak humans. Off the top of my head the only ones I can think of are Batman, Daredevil and Black Panther. Nightwing maybe too, but I don't know/care much about him. And even DD is boosted by his power in this regard. His has enhanced sense of touch and balance, which is why he is so agile.

Neither Green Arrow or Hawkeye are peak human, they're just badass archers. Black Widow isn't peak human. Neither is Batwoman.

Every one has their moments of PIS (Hawkeye once lifted a car off of him lol) but really only a few characters should/are peak human.

K9ofChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 67

I think Batman actually is peak human. If you take an ordinary human who isn't at peak physical condition and tell them to fight crime in spandex, then they probably wouldn't last very long. You kinda have to be at the peak of human fitness to even succeed at super-heroics without the aid of superpowers if you want to survive your encounters with criminals and super-villains.

strangetales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman is peak human. Tony stark on the other hand is not and has no powers only a powerful mind. So you can add that to the list

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hal Jordan, Tony Stark, Rorschach, Kick Ass, Hit Girl, and many many more

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Like they said above, most of them aren't even peak human. Just Batman and Black Panther. I don't really count Daredevil as peak human, maybe just in speed and agility and balance.

devilsgrin81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By devilsgrin81

i don't think Batman is Peak Human. Exceptional perhaps... but not Peak Human.

Black Panther isn't peak human either... his attributes are enhanced past peak human thanks to the heart-shaped herb. If Panther is peak human only, so it Cap.

Daredevil doesn't count as a non-powered hero... so he's not valid in this argument. He has super-human hearing... that automatically takes him out of the running. Physically he is probably very close to peak human - across the board... but the super-hearing/echo-location thing is a power.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By BlackWind

Batman not peak human? What? That's the only way to explain some of the BS he pulls.

HeckTate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 7

John Constantine? He can use supernatural powers but in a universe where you could too if you put in the time to study magic. Probably the furthest from peak considering the amount he smokes, shouldn't be able to run or give long speeches at this point.

Punisher fits too. He might have once been peak human, but Frank Castle is getting old. I definitely wouldn't call him peak anymore.

K9 makes a good point though: you can't take an average person from Wisconsin and have them successfully fight crime with no superpowers while still having i be believable. The few exceptions to this have some very powerful tools (magic, gadgets, etc) or a lot of training.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.