Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

Are Marvel's bi-weekly comics worth reading?

Avatar image for theuncannyshazam
    theuncannySHAZAM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By theuncannySHAZAM

Many of Marvel's top titles are bi-weekly and are priced at 3.99 but are they really worth reading? Comics like Uncanny X-Men, and Avengers are great but are they worth 7.98 plus tax a month? Any thoughts?

Cakeman3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I keep asking myself that every time I get them. Spider-man is one of my favorite titles but if I drop it, I can get a replacement book plus one.

AkaBoAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hate to say it, cuz I have a to pay double the amount that I usually pay, but YES they are. I'm enjoying most of these books and don't mind the two-issues a month deal that we as readers get.

Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Ya know, I didn't realize Deadpool was bimonthly until I was a couple of months in. I really love the series, but I don't know if it's worth it, especially with some new series I'm interested in coming out soon.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By TDK_1997

Most of them aren't worth it.Marvel doesn't have much books that can be worthy the money you give for them.

olbassey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wish every comic released a new issue every two weeks. The month-long wait for some of the titles out there drives me nuts!

Darksider555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@tdk_1997: well i All New X-men and the Avengers.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#8  Edited By TDK_1997

@tdk_1997: well i All New X-men and the Avengers.

Both suck for me a lot.
    All-New X-Men is your regular team book from Bendis.He has some characters that he really loves and there are characters he hates,so that's why they are out of character.And for 10 issues almost nothing has happened,okay there were some things but they weren't anything big.We are still waiting for some villains to finally come up rather than Cyclops who is treated by Bendis like a villain.

Avengers just is something that isn't really bad but it ain't good.It had so much issues and so much characters and we still have some short stories that nobody cares for.There are so much characters that have a lot of potential and Hickman is not using them.I mean why the hell would you need such a big roster if you are not using it.And he is also introducing some dull cosmic characters that shouldn't be Avengers and nobody cares for them and making them amazing Avengers that get the highlight out of characters like Hawkeye,Ms. Marvel and Cannonball.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.