Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

Are Marvel disrespecting Hulk?!

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Bezza

..Well I'm gonna say it. Don't like the Indestructible Hulk comic. Started out ok but has become mediocre. Not enough Hulk smash, action or wham. Hulk's role in Infinity was miniscule, Marvel have yet to do a decent film with Hulk (no word on the next one), whilst Thor, Cap America and Wolverine get repeated showings....Hulk is being nerfed at the moment in the Marvel Universe....why is this?! Reminds me to a lesser extent of their treatment of Thor about 10 years ago before JMS arrived!

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Indestructible Hulk I agree has less "Hulk Smash" as other runs but it's highlighting other aspects, like Banner's intelligence and Hulk's speed. There are plenty of good feats in that run and even in Infinity despite a minuscule role.

Avatar image for theamazingimmortalman
    TheAmazingImmortalMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I love Indestructible Hulk. It is showing a new side to the character and I like the direction it's going. The Hulk movie with Edward Norton was also great IMO, and had the best moments in Avengers. I would agree he is overdo for a sequel though. Also most characters had a minuscule role in Infinity, I don't think he is being disrespected at the moment he just isn't one of the poster boys.

ColaNicole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

As far as the cinematic universe goes, Hulk is a strong favorite. So much so that he's gonna be the main central character in Avengers 2, according to Whedon at least. Before you know it he'll be Marvel's Batman and then you'll be accusing Marvel of over using him.

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HULK NEED NO RESPECT HULK SMASH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Avatar image for terrybogard2014
    TerryBogard2014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I like indestructible hulk,and I'm not really a big hulk fan.if anything they're actually elevating the character by some much needed focus on banners intellect,he was a fan favorite in the avengers movie hes in the Avengers Assemble cartoon,and even has his own cartoon with the agents of smash,hulk is well respected

Avatar image for deactivated-611928878d365
    deactivated-611928878d365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull: Thanos only got beaten by Thane's Living-Death thing. He literally mopped the floor with everyone. Hulk may have gotten hurt by the Cull Obsidian, but guess who else was? Hyperion! Thanos tanked powerful blasts from Thor asking for more. Their enemies were simply more powerful than the Avengers.

Maddpanda531

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Indestructible hulk had one mediocre story. Relax

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Hulk looks bad once and the world ends.

Avatar image for deactivated-611928878d365
    deactivated-611928878d365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He has so many good feats in strength , durability and speed in the Indestructible Hulk run. Most of it has been pretty solid. Fanboys - CALM THE HAM!

chem86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

HULK NEED NO RESPECT HULK SMASH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Avatar image for youmessinwithme
    youmessinwithme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By youmessinwithme

NO the Hulk is oneof the few characters who has been steady on the rise for a while, to the ploint that it borders on ridiculos. anyone who was reading the Hulk before the 2,000's rmembers the Hulk as a more regular character, He was strong and tough yes, but He was beatable. he was incredible, not indestructible. his strength wasn't always just a plot device that allowed him to punch through thetime stream. it used to be a serios question as too if Hulk was stronger than the Thing notThor and the Hulk used to be on the losing end of bouts with Namor and were portrayed to have virtually even strength on land.

Marvel may disrespect him with his characterization, but having that one low showing against the Black order isn't really a huge disrespect given their powers and they had to turn him back to banner to beat him.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.