Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

Are any of the Marvel Noir titles any good?

MrUnknown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By MrUnknown

Primarily I want to know about Luke Cage Noir and Iron Man Noir. If anyone has read them, what they think about it and if either is worth getting? Also, if these two are horrible then what is your favorite Noir title?

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#2  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

The only one I have read was Spider-Man Noir and it was pretty good. On another note I cant wait for LA Noir

Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

#3  Edited By Kairan1979

Spider-Man Noir, Iron Man Noir and Punisher Noir were very good.

IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By IrishX

I have only read Wolverine and Daredevil Noir. Both were good.

KenTheProfile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By KenTheProfile

@MrUnknown

Luke Cage and Wolverine could actually have been or still be made into noir movies they are that good.

Spider-man,Daredevil, and Punisher were more like elseworlds in that they really just moved then to the 30's and 40's but they were real fun reads.

X-Men was really good. They really changed it up. and Wolverine in those books is not the same person as Noir Wolverine

Iron-man Noir is really neat if you have ever seen or read any old pulp stuff.

The only one i have not read is Deadpool Pulp

MrUnknown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By MrUnknown

I thought Luke Cage would be a perfect fit for that medium. Not sure why there is even a need for Daredevil Noir because it's already like Noir but then again it should be a perfect opportunity to tell an out of continuity story. I'm going to check some of these out starting with Luke Cage and Iron Man. Thank you all for sharing your opinions!

Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#7  Edited By Caligula

Wolverine's and Spider-Man's are the only ones I've read. But I liked both of those,

Avatar image for hoarderofhilarity
    Hoarderofhilarity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Hoarderofhilarity

Luke Cage Noir was brilliant more like a oscar-winning movie than a graphic novel it was marvellous.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.