Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

ANT-MAN Casts MICHAEL DOUGLAS as HANK PYM

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TazzMission

well holy shit thats a nice little piece of info

Paul Rudd is Ant-Man. And now Michael Douglas is Hank Pym.

The latest news directly from Marvel Studios has the multiple Academy Award winner joining the Edgar Wright written and directed film as Henry Pym, the inventor of the technology that he, Scott Lang, and Eric O'Grady have all used to change size as three versions of Ant-Man in the history of Marvel Comics.

Rudd, likewise, after much speculation has been officially confirmed as Scott Lang in the film. In the comics, Lang is the second Ant-Man, after stealing the suit and technology to help his sick daughter. Pym helped Lang become a superhero in his own right, eventually joining the Avengers and being a replacement leader of the Fantastic Four. No plot details for the film, including Pym and Lang's relationship, have been revealed yet.

source

http://www.newsarama.com/20026-ant-man-casts-michael-douglas-as-hank-pym.html

Avatar image for themarvelfanboy
    TheMarvelFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This isnt true!!

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TazzMission

This isnt true!!

marvel confirmed it

http://marvel.com/news/movies/2014/1/13/21746/michael_douglas_to_star_as_hank_pym_in_marvels_ant-man

Avatar image for hillbillymorangie
    HillbillyMorangie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By HillbillyMorangie

It could be all shown in flashbacks, with modern technology Michael Douglas doesn't have to be old, there has been rumours for ages this would happen, ill look up a link after I write this so keep an eye out below.

My theory is, Ant man will be introduced in 1962 as a brilliant scientist and alongside the Wasp, then it will skip to the future... Then there will be occasional flash backs when needed... What this means for the wasp I dunno, but fingers crossed ay... It's a film, the wasp could be both mother and daughter (like in watchmen) then both ant men can date wasps...

HillbillyMorangie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By HillbillyMorangie

Wow that was quick... Top hit on google http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=84030

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't like this. Can't quite put my finger on WHY, though. Maybe it's because I feel Hank should get a shot of his very own at being Ant Man, not Scott Lang right off the bat. Maybe it's because I don't like how this bodes for other legacy characters in future movies.

But screw it, Marvel movies thus far have ranged from average to fantastic, so I'm willing to give this a shot. With only a twinge of reluctance.

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It could be all shown in flashbacks, with modern technology Michael Douglas doesn't have to be old, there has been rumours for ages this would happen, ill look up a link after I write this so keep an eye out below.

My theory is, Ant man will be introduced in 1962 as a brilliant scientist and alongside the Wasp, then it will skip to the future... Then there will be occasional flash backs when needed... What this means for the wasp I dunno, but fingers crossed ay... It's a film, the wasp could be both mother and daughter (like in watchmen) then both ant men can date wasps...

apparently according to reports another person is in talks to play hank pym during the 60's. im just to lazy to post the link

HillbillyMorangie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tazzmission: oh well, guess its cheaper, looks like wasp and ant man can set up the avengers then lol, the 1960s avengers... Who oils be members though?

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Interesting

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tazzmission: oh well, guess its cheaper, looks like wasp and ant man can set up the avengers then lol, the 1960s avengers... Who oils be members though?

other rumors are saying there looking for a female for a female role so im guessing wasp is in in some fashion

HillbillyMorangie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tazzmission: time will tell. Will she be 1960s wasp or modern wasp... Will she die in the 1960s... So many questions, will have to wait and see :/

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

HillbillyMorangie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maccyd: not the Invaders, they are a British and American WW2 team, they shouldn't just steal the name... Anyway

http://www.iamrogue.com/news/movie-news/item/10457-ant-man-adding-michael-pena-eyeing-rashida-jones-bryce-dallas-howard.html

Some ideas for the Wasp, Rashida Jones looks ok

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hillbillymorangie: And the Avengers are meant to be set up in the 60s as a group of heroes team-up to fight Loki and other threats too dangerous individually. MCU is a different place than 616, Ant-man is proving that to be true.

Plus, with the release of all-new Invaders, it's a well-known name in comics of a pre superhero age team, so it'd suit.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
    deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

Aww, man! I was hoping they'd go with Simon Pegg.

HillbillyMorangie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maccyd: yeah but I want invaders to have British heroes in lol, Union Jack maybe... Ok I'm just living the pipe dream ;)

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By MakkyD

@hillbillymorangie: Oh well, that I can agree on :) Maybe a way to introduce some of Marvel UK's characters to the MCU?

HillbillyMorangie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maccyd: How about having the invaders stay the team from Captain America and have 1960s Defenders created by 1960s Ant man, then a Dr Strange film could also be set in the 60s as well as maybe Namour and blackcat (unless at Sony?) then Marvel could make a 1960s Defenders movie with those in it... It sure would remove the issues of an over crowded Avengers team and allow fans to see their favourite charecters?

HillbillyMorangie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Infant if they went this root I'd go for films of

Antman and wasp

Namor

dr Strange

Valkyrie

Then some of these could also be in modern Avengers/Thor movies, Valkyrie doesn't age, Dr strange could be young in Defenders and old in Avengers... Again pipe dream lol

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.