All Marvel Now Titles

#1 Edited by HotSauceCommittee (345 posts) - - Show Bio

It's been confirmed that we will see 22 new titles/renumberings as part of the relaunch, one a week from October to February Three have been confirmed, another eight rumoured (looking extremely likely at this stage,) can we figure out the remaining eleven?

Confirmed

• Uncanny Avengers by Rick Remender and John Cassaday
  • Avengers by Jonathon Hickman and Jerome Opena
  • All Star/ All New X-Men by Brian Bendis and Stuart Immonen

Rumoured

• Captain America by Rick Remender and John Romita Jr
  • Wolverine by Frank Cho
  • Iron Man by Kieron Gillen and Greg Land
  • Fantastic Four by Matt Fraction and Salvador Larocca
  • Guardians of the Galaxy by Brian Bendis
  • Nova by Brian Bendis or Loeb and Ed McGuinness
  • Hulk and the Agents of Smash by Jeff Parker
  • Avengers Assemble by Mark Waid

Remaining Eleven Titles

• New Avengers by Jonathon Hickman and Steve Epting
  • Wolverine Max?
  • ???
  • ???
  • ???
  • ???
  • ???
  • ???
  • ???
  • ???
  • ???

Could Punisher Warzone be one of the eleven? What about Uncanny X-Men? We know Gillen is leaving, so perhaps that will be relaunching, or could that be Bendis' book? Seems strange that Hawkeye, Gambit and X-Treme X-Men aren't a part of this initiative. What do you think the remaining eleven titles will be?

#2 Posted by jsphsmth (1136 posts) - - Show Bio

@HotSauceCommittee said:

Seems strange that Hawkeye, Gambit and X-Treme X-Men aren't a part of this initiative.

I thought it strange at the time, when the reboot ( or whatever they want to call it) was just a rumor, but now it seems very strange that they didn't wait to release these as part of the relaunch (or whatever they want to call it.)

I did speculate elsewhere that Hawkeye coming out when it is might be an attempt to capitalize on the start of Arrow on TV (in addition to the Avengers movie.)

#3 Posted by Mercy_ (91881 posts) - - Show Bio

Great idea.

#4 Posted by SupahForeigner (227 posts) - - Show Bio

Some people might disagree but for me personally, I'm hoping to see a relaunch of Deadpool. I'm fed up with Daniel Way's inconsistent quality of writing throughout the Deadpool series. His Evil Deadpool story arc was crap, then his DEAD story arc was awesome, I loved it, but now the continuation from it has turned crap again. His been there for too long, get someone else in there! It's about time! And while they're at it, give Deadpool back his healing factor goddamnit. Rant over.

#5 Posted by jcbart (341 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait, it's confirmed that Cassaday is working with Remender and Opena is working with Hickman on Avengers?

If so, blinkin' heck, those are absolutely sensational creative teams.

I could get on board with this haul over.

#6 Posted by HotSauceCommittee (345 posts) - - Show Bio

@jsphsmth said:

@HotSauceCommittee said:

Seems strange that Hawkeye, Gambit and X-Treme X-Men aren't a part of this initiative.

I thought it strange at the time, when the reboot ( or whatever they want to call it) was just a rumor, but now it seems very strange that they didn't wait to release these as part of the relaunch (or whatever they want to call it.)

I did speculate elsewhere that Hawkeye coming out when it is might be an attempt to capitalize on the start of Arrow on TV (in addition to the Avengers movie.)

You're probably right, Hawkeye stands a better chance now not long after the Avengers than in a few months amongst 22 other brand new titles.

@jcbart: Yeah pretty sure it's official. The rumour was Opena on Uncanny and Ribic on Avengers but they got it slightly wrong.

@SupahForeigner: I could see it happening, it's on what, 50 something? Not like its relatively new like WatXM or Hawkeye

#7 Posted by John Valentine (16335 posts) - - Show Bio

Gillen is leaving Uncanny X-Men? Since when? Where is this cited?

#8 Edited by HotSauceCommittee (345 posts) - - Show Bio

@John Valentine: He said ages ago in an interview there was an end planned and he wouldn't be sticking around, not basing it solely on the Iron Man rumours, will do some digging and try to find it for you.

#9 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18764 posts) - - Show Bio

I want to see my Runaways return :/

#10 Posted by darth_brendroid (1692 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree with above sentiments for a Runaways return, but I'm not sure if having them return alongside all of these other titles would be a good idea. That said, I'm just interested in seeing whether Marvel will be careful when assigning creative teams to the remaining titles (not over-stretching talent and all that).

#11 Posted by John Valentine (16335 posts) - - Show Bio

@HotSauceCommittee said:

@John Valentine: He said ages ago in an interview there was an end planned and he wouldn't be sticking around, not basing it solely on the Iron Man rumours, will do some digging and try to find it for you.

NO!

#12 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

Would one not be Wolveirne MAX which we head about the other day?

#13 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh, also Aaron is leaving Hulk so that could be part of this.

#14 Edited by HotSauceCommittee (345 posts) - - Show Bio

@John Valentine: Couldn't find it, there was some stuff about his whole run having been building towards AvX but the words 'end' and 'leaving' were never mentioned. I could just be going mad, there's still hope as long as the Iron Man rumours are just rumours.

@X35: Could be, that's the first I've heard of it so can't really say lol. Must have completely missed that news. And I'd hope so, losing interest in his Hulk, the ever changing art doesn't help.

#15 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10130 posts) - - Show Bio

@xxCellPhoneGirlxx said:

I want to see my Runaways return :/

#16 Posted by SuperShafe (470 posts) - - Show Bio

What about Spider-man?

#17 Posted by thveej (203 posts) - - Show Bio

I am positively down with Uncanny Avengers and Avengers. Both creative teams are awesome. I just hope they don't reboot and forget the last few years of the x-books, I need some sort of continuity there to keep reading them (I want something like GL or Batman with new 52)

#18 Posted by Cap10nate (2734 posts) - - Show Bio

That would be awesome if Remender took over Cap. Cullen Bunn is helping Bru co-write the last arc and I thought he would just take over. I really hope he doesn't because his work on Captain America and. . . has been lack luster so far. I just hope they don't mess with the Winter Soldier series at all.

#19 Posted by Duke_Nasty (1017 posts) - - Show Bio

@SuperShafe: Well Slott said something big was happening at issue #700 and they won't reach that mark by October so he may not be a part of the relaunch.

#20 Posted by Boogiepop (43 posts) - - Show Bio

I guess I'll start reading Iron Man after this, because I like Kieron Gillen alot. I fear that most of my Marvel titles are either being cancelled, or given to writers I don't like (Bendis, Fraction, Loeb). Ugh, why can't DnA just start Guardians of the Galaxy and Nova again? Instead, we're going to get two forced series by Bendis or maybe Loeb on Nova, just so they can try to hype the movie. There will just be no heart in a Bendis GoG series like Abnett and Lanning had.

#21 Posted by HotSauceCommittee (345 posts) - - Show Bio

@SuperShafe: All we've heard is #700 is going to shake things up big time.

@thveej: It's a relaunch, continuity is staying the same, it's essentially just some new series and jumping on points.

@Cap10nate: I was worried about that too but in the Interview where Ed announced his departure from Cap, he stated he wants to carry on with Winter Soldier for a long time.

@Boogiepop: I'm not thrilled either but I'll take what I can get, it's better than no Marvel Cosmic at all...I think

#22 Posted by Cap10nate (2734 posts) - - Show Bio

@HotSauceCommittee: I saw that article. The quote below has me nervous where he says he doesn't know if it will last. With it not certain if marvel will be cutting back books with these 22 relaunched/rebooted titles, I fear that Bucky could be cut even though it gets nothing but stellar reviews.

"I'll do The Winter Soldier as long as it lasts... or, I'll do it for as long as I can. Because I don't know if it'll last, but I'm really proud of that book and the second and third storylines on it are some of my favorite stuff I've done for Marvel, ever." - Brubaker

#23 Edited by SupahForeigner (227 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope Matt Fraction leaves the Thor title, his ruined it. Get Straczynski back, he'd do a great job with it IMO. But I have to say that Uncanny Avengers and Avengers looks really good, might get them.

#24 Posted by John Valentine (16335 posts) - - Show Bio

@HotSauceCommittee:

Having thought about it, It would make sense for Gillen's run on Uncanny X-Men to end after AvX. The event will pretty much tie-up any lose ends left by Uncanny. Everything that's taken place in Uncanny X-Men has been leading up to AvX.

:

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/07/02/wolverine-to-the-max

"The series will be written by crime author Jason Starr". Not sure who artist is but covers are by Jock.

#25 Posted by SupahForeigner (227 posts) - - Show Bio

Deadpool issue 57 has just come out, the series started back in 2008 with the same writer Daniel Way and it's about time they got someone else in. Deadpool's 1000th issue comes out in early August, looking at the cover it doesn't look to inviting.

#26 Posted by jsphsmth (1136 posts) - - Show Bio

@Cap10nate said:

I just hope they don't mess with the Winter Soldier series at all.

Brubaker said he has no intentions of leaving Winter Soldier. It will be his only non-creator owned work after he wraps up Captain America. I am guessing that Marvel will let him stay on as long as he wants.

#27 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (6028 posts) - - Show Bio

I would like to know about what's going to become of Uncanny X-Men and Wolverine and the X-Men. It wouldn't really make any sense to relaunch those titles since they just came out, but I wouldn't put it past Marvel to relaunch them anyway.

#28 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (35130 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel confirmed that Guardians of the Galaxy will not be getting a series ages ago 

#29 Posted by War Killer (20292 posts) - - Show Bio

Rumoured

• Wolverine by Frank Cho
I really hope that JRJR, Land, and Cho aren't on any of these titles and these rumors aren't true...
#30 Edited by _Zombie_ (10448 posts) - - Show Bio

If Rucka's Punisher gets touched, it'll be someone's head. Remender writing Cap seems like a good idea. I'm staying the hell away from that GotG title, though.

#31 Posted by HotSauceCommittee (345 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous: Seems likely to me with the pending movie and RR was on the poster, we'll see I guess.

@War Killer: Eh, wasn't a JRJR fan but I just read some of his Spiderman stuff and it wasn't too bad. I'd rather they didn't pair land with Gillen again though.

#32 Posted by _Zombie_ (10448 posts) - - Show Bio

@War Killer said:

Rumoured

• Wolverine by Frank Cho
I really hope that JRJR, Land, and Cho aren't on any of these titles and these rumors aren't true...

Ugh, just noticed that. JRJR is one of the few artists that can make me drop a Remender book.

#33 Posted by War Killer (20292 posts) - - Show Bio
@HotSauceCommittee said:

@Jonny_Anonymous: Seems likely to me with the pending movie and RR was on the poster, we'll see I guess.

@War Killer: Eh, wasn't a JRJR fan but I just read some of his Spiderman stuff and it wasn't too bad. I'd rather they didn't pair land with Gillen again though.

But his recent work has been horrid and nothing like his work on Spider-Man.
#34 Posted by HotSauceCommittee (345 posts) - - Show Bio

Apparently one of the eleven will be New Avengers, also by Hickman, illustrated by Steve Epting.

#35 Posted by Twentyfive (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

Uncanny Avengers? For real MARVEL?

I just hope Journey into Mystery, Daredevil, and Ultimate Spidey remain intact. Also, give me a Black Panther book written by someone like Hickman or Fraction Marvel. NOW! (see what I did there?)

#36 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio

If Venom gets cancelled, I'm going to break the world in half.

Same goes for Scarlet Spider and Uncanny X-force.

#37 Posted by HaydrianPayne (50 posts) - - Show Bio

@HotSauceCommittee: I'd like to add that its

"At least 22 titles".

Just so no surprises come from this.

#38 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (15132 posts) - - Show Bio

cough cough amazing spider-man cough cough

#39 Posted by TDK_1997 (15093 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting.

#40 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

Well Cable and something with Black Fury seem like a cert considering they're both on the teaser.

Captain Marvel, Gambit, Hawkeye and X-Treme X-Men aren't part of this initiative (how dumb is that?)... see it's nice to see Marvel really getting behind the b-list titles again. ¬_¬

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.