Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

ALL HAIL THE GOBLIN KING OF SSM#10

dEViL_Nephilim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

i just read Superior Spider-Man #10 and let me say. i feel like Marvel has violated me anally with the independence day of Spider-Otto. if peter parker really is gone, all hope is lost for we must learn to live with this horrible annoying arrogant so-called superior spider-man. My only hope is for that arrogant annoying superior spider/otto is felled/killed/defeted/DESTROYED our new king!!! Our NEW GOBLIN KING who is starting a little family of his own at the end of SSM #10. ALL HAIL THE GOBLIN KING!!! I must confess to having a minute minuscule ounce of hope that little Carlie Cooper will set things right, so that is cool. I just cant stand the fact that Otto is spider-man, he is sooooo arrogant and annoying and just ... just.... uggg,.... a total ass hat!!!! I mean, well, i like the stuff that he is doing. i like that spider-man is willing to kill now, but i dont like it that it is that little prick otto who is doing it. he is just soooo annoying and egotisic and narcissistic. And there is only so much of that shite i can take. This sucks! And i hope i am not alone in feeling this way!!! I really wish it was Peter who finally accepted that, sometimes, dangerous people need to be put down! Killed. Washed away from the face of the earth. Well, that is my opinion anyways. But yeah.....What the FRACK is marvel thinking letting this go this far?!? This is horrible, just horrible. Please put parker back where he belongs! Because i would rather have a no killing parker-spider than a rightously killing otto-spider. but hey that is my opinion. And i know there are a lot of people who feel differently and i totally and utterly respect that. I just feel this way and i pray to the omniverseal gods, celestials, cosmic cubes yet to be born, the beyonder, the elders of the universe, everyone,---my gods and goddesses of the Omniverse, PLEASE restore Peter Parker!!! Anyone else have anything to say? Cuz i have no friends that are into comics. and i am really damn tired of holding this shite in!!!

Sincerely sinful and ALWAYS alien-green,

David, the lonely nerd.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

Mmm. All this mad.

dEViL_Nephilim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By dEViL_Nephilim

Ummmm... not quite sure what u mean. Could u specify? I am so bored and lonely, i am the only comic book freak i know. Please, i am desperate!!! hehee

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#4  Edited By oldnightcrawler

@devil_nephilim: honestly, the only thing about it that bothers me is that Spider-man is willing to kill now. Not that I don't think heroes should never kill, but I do think Spider-man should never kill.

Thing is, Spidey's been around for like 50 years now, so every now and again they have to shake up the status quo. They did it in the 80's with his symbiote period, in the 90's with his Peter Parker no more period, and in the 00's by having him join the Avengers and the FF. Without these weird periods, Spider-man's long superhero history would be a lot less colorful and a lot more of just the same generic superhero thing. Really, you know PP's gonna come back eventually, and it'll be all the more epic for all crap Otto's been up to in his absence.

Trust me, this era of Spider-man can't last, not really, so you might as well just enjoy it while it's happening.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    dEViL_Nephilim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldnightcrawler: never thought of it like that. and i agree w/ the shaking up of things, but damn. LOL. I mean, seriously, they could have at least picked a cooler villain than otto, he is such a little egotistical worm. Sooooo annoying, but yeah, i hope u r right. cause this is just crazy times. and you are right about enjoying it, and the twisted schizo part of me does, i just want it to be parker doing all these awesome things, not otto. ya know?

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

@oldnightcrawler: never thought of it like that. and i agree w/ the shaking up of things, but damn. LOL. I mean, seriously, they could have at least picked a cooler villain than otto, he is such a little egotistical worm. Sooooo annoying, but yeah, i hope u r right. cause this is just crazy times. and you are right about enjoying it, and the twisted schizo part of me does, i just want it to be parker doing all these awesome things, not otto. ya know?

I get the feeling that the idea of using Otto was because he was kind of a nerd, kind of an outcast, who was ultimately corrupted by power because he never fit in to begin with. Basically, he's what Peter was on his way to becoming until Uncle Ben died; a selfish nerd with power who wants revenge on the world. So, in a way, having him be Spider-man plays out a sort of what-if story, but actually in continuity. He's what Spider-man could have been, which is actually interesting in it's own way. But which, ultimately, will just make us appreciate who Spider-man actually is that much more when he does come back.

In the meantime, there are like 50 years of Spider-man comics where he actually is Peter; have you read all of those yet?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.