Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. original characters-no thanks.

Warpimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I really want to see characters that I know on the show, not made up characters. Marvel has a character for any and all situations. There is no reason to make up new characters. Give me Powerman, Task Master, and Ms. Marvel!

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

How dare Marvel create characters.

How dare they.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

If Taskmaster appears in this show I will have a fanboy-fit!

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Let them give me a reason not to watch it.

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
    NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

The point of the show is to have regular people be heroes, thats why there will probably never be ms marvel or luke cage; if they are on the show they will be for just one episode. They could use characters like clay quartermain or jimmy woo from the comics and make them rookies.

Theres also the freedom of using new characters that established characters don't have. Giving someone like Luke Cage the exact opposite personality he has in the comics will upset people more than just creating a new character for that situation.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Oh good another "Its gonna suck because its different thread." There are just as many, "It sucks because its exactly the same",threads. Ironically a lot of the same people post both. Tell you what folks you decide whether you want something new or not then get back to me.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Seriously! HOW DARE THEY TRY TO CREATE NEW SHOWS AND MAKE A SHOW IN WHICH THE AIM IS TO FOCUS ON NON-SUPERHERO CHARACTERS!!

If you are creating a show with non-superhero characters,then that obviously means you make it about superheroes!!

How dare Marvel create characters.

How dare they.

@awesam said:

Let them give me a reason not to watch it.

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll give it a chance see where it goes. I admit I would love to see minor characters (powered or non powered) be starred in the show but that doesn't seem to be the direction. So I will wait and see.

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

I'll check it out for the premise; SHIELD can be cool as it's own thing, too

Avatar image for New_World_Order
    New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvel...why...?

Avatar image for illyanarasputin
    IllyanaRasputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Am I the only one who really wants to see Bobbi Morse in this show? Give us some Mockingbird please!

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

I'll see where this show is headed once it comes on. It might be interesting to see different characters pop up in the show, although I would like to see some of my favorite characters actually come on this show.

TheFool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

I'm behind the use of mostly new characters in the SHIELD show. Besides not having a wealth of interesting non-powered agents, it's represents minimal franchise risk AND provides a great beta-test for storytelling with Marvel's lesser know properties. Basically, if these brand new characters test well, it drives what kind of stories can be told when introducing big-screen properties with statistically less fan-draw. Ant-man, Guardians, Dr. Strange, etc.

Plus, if the show tanks then Marvel doesn't waste time developing characters like Cage or Mockingbird only to have then drop out of the public eye after a fleeting season. And they can always introduce third-stringers like Mentallo or Constrictor who started as SHIELD agents.

FlashKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 19

@warpimp said:

I really want to see characters that I know on the show, not made up characters. Marvel has a character for any and all situations. There is no reason to make up new characters. Give me Powerman, Task Master, and Ms. Marvel!

I agree with you, but I still am excited for it regardless, Agent Coulson aka Phil is back!!! :)

Avatar image for ultimatejonathan
    UltimateJonathan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Original characters are much welcomed.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.