Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

Agent Venom and where to start

JimmyDrama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So I have always been a fan of Venom and I like the idea of the new Agent Venom, but I am not sure what to read and was wondering if someone on here could give me an idea on where to start

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
    Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

bigtewell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By bigtewell

i believe his first appearance was in carnage u.s.a so you could start there (it is an amazing read!) or just start at remenders venom #1. it is a great run one of my favorites. then read the whole series until its end.

also check out his time in the secret avengers it's pretty great

and after you finish venom's series read superior venom

and now he's in guardians of the galaxy

you wont be disappointed agent venom is one of the best characters out there

WWAJfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

@jimmydrama:

Try purchasing or reading Venom: Flashpoint which includes the short story of AMZ 654 (when Flash is given the symbiote), AMZ 654.1 and Venom 1. If not then read Venom Vol.2 by Rick Remender which includes:

1st arc Project Rebirth 2.0(1-5) (Rick Remender's run)

2nd arc Spider Island (6-9)

3rd arc Road Trip (10-12)

4th arc Circle of Four (13-14)

5th arc Savage Six (15-22) (around this time he makes a cameo in Carnage USA 3-5)

6th arc MoE (23-25) (Cullen Bunn's run)

7th arc Minimum Carnage (M.Carnage Alpha,Scarlet Spider 10, Venom 26, Scarlet Spider 11, Venom 27, M.Carnage Omega, Venom 27.1)

8th arc U-foes (28-30)

9th arc Toxin (31-35)

10th arc Mania (36-42)

Personal faves are Savage Six, Minimum Carnage, Toxin and Roadtrip. Still a shame that Marvel cancelled this.

You can skip the MoE and U-foes arc, there pretty much the most average of the run.

powerplay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By powerplay

I would read Venom right through 22 until Bunn takes over as writer. Then the quality really drops.

He is in Guardians of the Galaxy now so check that out going forwards.

Beoftw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Beoftw

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.