Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

A GOOD MARVEL COMIC TO START READING?

Mediumflyer7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Mediumflyer7

Hey, I was wondering if any Marvel fans (which is probably the majority of you) could help me. I mainly read DC comics and although I do love them I want to start reading some new stuff. I am very aware of the MARVEL NOW reboot coming up very soon but I was wondering if you guys could suggest a marvel comic (out now) for me to read. Tell me if its new reader friendly and why i should read it.

Thank you

fojtikbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#2  Edited By fojtikbt

I would look at Matt Fraction's Invincible Iron Man. You could pick up the back issues, or buy it digitally. It's a really good series with great art. It is similar to the Iron Man movie. Another great series is The Amazing Spider-Man by Dan Slott. He started writing with the Big Time Story arc which was really cool. The Ultimates 1 and 2 are interesting takes on Marvel heroes in a more modern and realistic setting. Hope this helps!

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By TheCrowbar

@Mediumflyer7:

Xtreme X-men, it's just started and it's pretty fun.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
    MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

#4  Edited By MadeinBangladesh

HAWEYE written my Matt Fraction. only two issues came out so far. this book is AWESOME!

You should try to read DAREDEVIL my Mark Wied and Punisher by Greg Rucka which is ending, but there is a new mini-series of this book coming out soon. Both are great books.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.