10 smartest people in the Marvel U

• 134 results
#51 Posted by Sinistron (103 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#52 Posted by Sinistron (103 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not counting cosmic beings

1. Reed Richards 2. Doctor Doom 3. The Leader 4. Steven Strange. 5 Tony Stark. 6. Hank Pym 7. Bruce Banner 8.High Evolutionary 8. Mr. Sinister 9. Apocalypse 10. Charles Xavier
#53 Posted by LstPaladin (9429 posts) - - Show Bio

Not in order

Charles Xavier

The Beast

Iron Man

Mr Fantastic (Reed Richards)

Dr Doom

Magneto

Dr Strange

Norman Osbourne

Bruce Banner

High Evolutionary

#54 Posted by captain strange (73 posts) - - Show Bio

Colt Python says:

"1.Reed Richards 2.Dr.Doom 3.Iron Man 4.Hank Pym 5.Ultron 6.Bruce Banner 7.Peter Parker 8.Stephen Strange 9.T'challa 10.Charles Xavier
Post Edited:2007-12-18 02:48:00
Post Edited:2007-12-18 02:50:18"

paker?

#55 Posted by LexiCat (5284 posts) - - Show Bio

I will break it down like this. In one group, I'll put human/mutant/hero. In the other, cosmic/god/immortal.

Human/Mutant/Hero:

1. Reed Richards

2. Hank Pym

3. Charles Xavier

4. Tony Stark

5. Bruce Banner

6. Peter Parker

7. Victor Von Doom

8. Otto Octavious

9. Dr. Curtis Connors

10. Henry McCoy (Beast)

God/Immortal/Other:

1. Norin Radd (Silver Surfer)

2. Dr. Strange

3. Thor

4. High Evolutionary

5. Ultron

6. Mr. Sinister

7. Sauron

8. Apocalypse

9. The Leader

10. T'Challa

Thanos is not a Marvel entity, though as far as intelligence goes he would be extremely high on the list.

#56 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

raises eyebrow

thats a pretty thorough list...

M

#57 Posted by Vance Astro (91110 posts) - - Show Bio

LexiCat says:

"I will break it down like this. In one group, I'll put human/mutant/hero. In the other, cosmic/god/immortal.
Human/Mutant/Hero:
1. Reed Richards
2. Hank Pym
3. Charles Xavier
4. Tony Stark
5. Bruce Banner
6. Peter Parker
7. Victor Von Doom
8. Otto Octavious
9. Dr. Curtis Connors
10. Henry McCoy (Beast)
God/Immortal/Other:
1. Norin Radd (Silver Surfer)
2. Dr. Strange3. Thor4. High Evolutionary5. Ultron6. Mr. Sinister7. Sauron8. Apocalypse9. The Leader10. T'Challa**Thanos is not a Marvel entity, though as far as intelligence goes he would be extremely high on the list. "

Hank Pym is smarter than Tony & Doom?

Thor is smarter than everyone under him?

Moderator Online
#58 Posted by Nurse Prometheus (26 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think that Thor would be at the top of the list when it came to the higher intelligence of immortals/gods. He's in there, but not that high. Honestly, I would say that Sauron would at least be above him.

And for all that Peter Parker is intelligent, I think that Doom would most definitely be ranked higher simply for the fact that he is consistently utilizing his intellect; not to say that Peter isn't but it takes a lot of plotting/planning to be a bad guy. ^_^

#59 Posted by Vance Astro (91110 posts) - - Show Bio

speedlgt says:

"Captain America should be considerd one the smarter heros in the Marvel U. and I dont think anyone is giving him credit.Consider this...the "smartest" guys on everyones list look to him to lead and follow his orders.would you take orders from a dumb guy?also its important to note the different kindas of smart....not just science smart."

Cap isn't smarter than anyone named in this thread.Spider-Man,She-Hulk and DD are smarter than him and they aren't even mentioned.

Moderator Online
#60 Posted by speedlgt (2109 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain America should be considerd one the smarter heros in the Marvel U. and I dont think anyone is giving him credit.

Consider this...the "smartest" guys on everyones list look to him to lead and follow his orders.

would you take orders from a dumb guy?

also its important to note the different kindas of smart....not just science smart.

#61 Posted by speedlgt (2109 posts) - - Show Bio

you fail to understand....the big brains follow him. I am not saying he smarter than this person or that person. However he should be given credit as being the one man smart enough to lead the whole marvel U.

he thus should be among the smart list.

#62 Posted by Vance Astro (91110 posts) - - Show Bio

speedlgt says:

"you fail to understand....the big brains follow him. I am not saying he smarter than this person or that person. However he should be given credit as being the one man smart enough to lead the whole marvel U.he thus should be among the smart list."

Wrong. People don't follow Cap because he's smart.Leadership has nothing to do with intelligence. You can't teach that. Cap is fairly intelligent but his leadership quality came with experience not intellect.

Moderator Online
#63 Posted by speedlgt (2109 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL!!! Leaderhsip has nothing to do with Intell!...I must admit Astro vance I dont like ya much at all, But I could never have said anything that makes you sound dumber than what u just said!

HAHAHAHAh thats GREAT! bro you just made my day!

that has to be post of the year!!

LOL

#64 Posted by LexiCat (5284 posts) - - Show Bio

Nurse Prometheus says:

"I don't think that Thor would be at the top of the list when it came to the higher intelligence of immortals/gods. He's in there, but not that high. Honestly, I would say that Sauron would at least be above him. And for all that Peter Parker is intelligent, I think that Doom would most definitely be ranked higher simply for the fact that he is consistently utilizing his intellect; not to say that Peter isn't but it takes a lot of plotting/planning to be a bad guy. ^_^"

The Rankings wern't done in order. I simply listed the 10 from each category. I apologize for not making note of that in my post.

#65 Posted by Vance Astro (91110 posts) - - Show Bio

speedlgt says:

"LOL!!! Leaderhsip has nothing to do with Intell!...I must admit Astro vance I dont like ya much at all, But I could never have said anything that makes you sound dumber than what u just said!HAHAHAHAh thats GREAT! bro you just made my day!that has to be post of the year!!LOL"

It's not dumb..a duck can be a leader.You don't have to be smarter or as smart as the people you lead to lead them...

Moderator Online
#66 Posted by POHOCOM (807 posts) - - Show Bio
  1. Doctor Doom

2. Thanos

3. High Evolutionary

4. Reed Richards

5. Emil Burbank

6. Leader

7. Magneto

8. Mad Thinker

9. Mandarin

10.Amadeus Cho

#67 Posted by Vance Astro (91110 posts) - - Show Bio

POHOCOM says:

"1. Doctor Doom2. Thanos3. High Evolutionary4. Reed Richards5. Emil Burbank6. Leader7. Magneto8. Mad Thinker9. Mandarin10.Amadeus Cho"

Assuming you are ordering this the way you think it would be.I would have to say Reed has outsmarted Doom on several occasions.

Moderator Online
#68 Posted by lordraiden (6948 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance Astro says:

"speedlgt says:
"you fail to understand....the big brains follow him. I am not saying he smarter than this person or that person. However he should be given credit as being the one man smart enough to lead the whole marvel U. he thus should be among the smart list."
Wrong. People don't follow Cap because he's smart.Leadership has nothing to do with intelligence. You can't teach that. Cap is fairly intelligent but his leadership quality came with experience not intellect."

Leadership has everything to do with intelligence! No one will follow a leader who isn't intelligent! At least no one with a portion of some functioning brain cells!

#69 Posted by lordraiden (6948 posts) - - Show Bio

POHOCOM says:

"1. Doctor Doom 2. Thanos 3. High Evolutionary 4. Reed Richards 5. Emil Burbank 6. Leader 7. Magneto 8. Mad Thinker 9. Mandarin 10.Amadeus Cho "

I definately wouldn't be putting doom ahead of someone like thanos! but that's just me!

#70 Posted by Vance Astro (91110 posts) - - Show Bio

lordraiden says:

"Vance Astro says:
"speedlgt says:
"you fail to understand....the big brains follow him. I am not saying he smarter than this person or that person. However he should be given credit as being the one man smart enough to lead the whole marvel U. he thus should be among the smart list."
Wrong. People don't follow Cap because he's smart.Leadership has nothing to do with intelligence. You can't teach that. Cap is fairly intelligent but his leadership quality came with experience not intellect."
Leadership has everything to do with intelligence! No one will follow a leader who isn't intelligent! At least no one with a portion of some functioning brain cells!"

You don't get it.What I am saying is...CAPTAIN AMERICA is not a genius.Leadership qualities are most likely to grant you the title of leader then you intellegence. For Instance...Kobe Bryant is the leader of his team. Kobe may not be the smartest person on the team but he does know the game fairly well with experience and just overall talent.Kobe is not a genius.So what I am saying is that,it's not that leadership has nothing to do with intellegence, but it has very little to do with it at the same time.You can be a leader without being smart.

Moderator Online
#71 Posted by lordraiden (6948 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance Astro says:

"lordraiden says:
"Vance Astro says:
"speedlgt says:
Leadership has everything to do with intelligence! No one will follow a leader who isn't intelligent! At least no one with a portion of some functioning brain cells!"
You don't get it.What I am saying is...CAPTAIN AMERICA is not a genius.Leadership qualities are most likely to grant you the title of leader then you intellegence. For Instance...Kobe Bryant is the leader of his team. Kobe may not be the smartest person on the team but he does know the game fairly well with experience and just overall talent.Kobe is not a genius.So what I am saying is that,it's not that leadership has nothing to do with intellegence, but it has very little to do with it at the same time.You can be a leader without being smart."

To a certain point! you have to have some smarts! I'll agree with your statement!

#72 Posted by Vance Astro (91110 posts) - - Show Bio

Not really because you can be dumb and be a leader....you just wont be a good leader.

Moderator Online
#73 Posted by lordraiden (6948 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance Astro says:

"Not really because you can be dumb and be a leader....you just wont be a good leader."

anybody?
Post Edited:2008-03-19 22:33:17

#74 Posted by Vance Astro (91110 posts) - - Show Bio

lordraiden says:

"Vance Astro says:
"Not really because you can be dumb and be a leader....you just wont be a good leader."
Bush, anybody?"

lol, there you go.

Moderator Online
#75 Posted by lordraiden (6948 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance Astro says:

"lordraiden says:
"Vance Astro says:
Bush, anybody?"
lol, there you go."

indeed!

#76 Posted by brantumbo (139 posts) - - Show Bio

Not in a particular order

Doom

Reed

Both Hanks(McCoy and Pym)

The Leader

Banner

Stark

Magneto

Sinister

High Evolutionary

Forge

Cable- I am shocked that only Colt Python touched on this. He not only has smarts from the here and now, but the future as well. Marvel has said that he is on the same level as Reed Richards.

now this is most certainly not a complete list, but when I think of smart people, I think of these guys.

#77 Posted by Vance Astro (91110 posts) - - Show Bio

As I said before...I don't think there is any way to tell in exact order who are the 10 smartest people.I think there should be tiers.

Moderator Online
#78 Posted by Vance Astro (91110 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance Astro says:

"As I said before...I don't think there is any way to tell in exact order who are the 10 smartest people.I think there should be tiers."
Moderator Online
#79 Posted by the human Juggernaut (7224 posts) - - Show Bio

its very odd that only 1 person has listed the Mad Thinker, a guy that reed richards used to check his work.

#80 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

The smartest of them all would be:

One Above All (He knows all)

The rest aren't in any order...

Black Panther.

Reed Richards.

Iron Man.

Hank McCoy.

Hank Pym.

Magneto.

Thanos.

Dr. Doom.

Can't think of a tenth one.
Post Edited:2008-05-18 22:58:43

#81 Posted by Vance Astro (91110 posts) - - Show Bio

1.One Above All,Stan Lee,Celestials,Elder Gods,The Watchers,The Beyonder,

2.Reed Richards,Victor Von Doom,Adam Warlock,High Evolutionary,Galactus

3.T'Challa,Tony Stark,Maya Hensen,Magneto,Charles Xavier,Apocalypse

4.Thanos,Ronan the Accuser,Ultron

5.Hank Pym,Moira Mactaggart,Dr.Strange

6.Bruce Banner,The Mandarin,Maximus the Mad,The Vision,Kang the Conqueror,Loki,Doc Samson,Hank McCoy,Lilandra

7.Amadeaus Cho,MODOK,Arnim Zola,Mad Thinker,Clea,Emil Blonsky

8.The Leader,Peter Parker,Jennifer Walters,Matt Murdock,Nick Fury

9.Dr.Octavius,Norman Osborn,Dr.Curt Conners,Alistar Smythe,Mephisto,The Fixer,Madame Hydra

10.Micheal Morbius,Emma Frost,Sebastian Shaw,Gambit,The Kingpin,Vance Astro,Mystique

Moderator Online
#82 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

Professor X....Emma frost.......and 8 others

#83 Posted by The Fabulous Frag (72 posts) - - Show Bio

I wouldn't necessarily put Reed Richards before Doom. They've always been interchangeable to me.

#84 Posted by Nitric (948 posts) - - Show Bio

Methias says:

"Top ten, no order
  • Reed Richards
  • Iron Man
  • Doctor Doom
  • Stephen Strange
  • Charles Xavier
  • Magneto
  • Amadeus Cho
  • Hank Pym
  • Mr. Sinister
  • Beast

Post Edited:2008-01-14 14:55:34"

I Think This Is The Best List So Far, If You Knock Beast Off And Add The High Evolutionary Way Up Top

#85 Posted by NovaHulk (137 posts) - - Show Bio

What about Bruce Banner?

#86 Posted by Girth (1041 posts) - - Show Bio
  1. Charles Xavier
  2. Reed Richards
  3. Tony Stark
  4. Hank Pym
  5. Hank McCoy
  6. Dr. Strange
  7. Bruce Banner
  8. Norman Osborn
  9. Dr. Doom
10. Mr. Sinister
#87 Posted by Webstad (275 posts) - - Show Bio
  1. Reed Richards
  2. Tony Stark
  3. Mandarin
  4. Beast
  5. Hank Pym
  6. Bruce Banner
  7. Amadeus Cho
  8. Victor Von Doom
  9. Magneto
  10. Charles Xavier
...in my opinion.
#88 Posted by MercenaryX (249 posts) - - Show Bio

Deadpool is actually one of the smartest.

#89 Posted by Webstad (275 posts) - - Show Bio
MercenaryX said:
Deadpool is actually one of the smartest.
Just because he's a smart-ass, doesn't make him a genius  lol
#90 Posted by MercenaryX (249 posts) - - Show Bio
Webstad said:
MercenaryX said: Deadpool is actually one of the smartest. Just because he's a smart-ass, doesn't make him a genius  lol [more]
LOL, but he's one of the few who can break the 4th wall.
#91 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio

Reed Richards
Kang
Dr Doom
Hank McCoy
Hank Pym
Tony Stark
Amadeus Cho
Forge
T'challa
Mr Sinister

#92 Posted by BillyButcher (69 posts) - - Show Bio

1 - Reed Richards
2 - High Evolutionary
3 - The Leader
4 - Dr Doom
5 - Apocalypse
6 - T'Challa
7 - Amadeus Cho
8 - Hank Pym
9 - Tony Stark
10 - Forge

#93 Posted by Vance Astro (91110 posts) - - Show Bio
I'm going to set my list up different because I think there are some people on the same exact level.

1.One Above All\Grandmaster\High Evolutionary\Adam Warlock\Lord Ultron
2.Reed Richards\Victor Von Doom\Uatu the Watcher
3.Kang the Conquerer\The Leader\Maximus the Mad\Robert Reynolds\Thanos
4.Maya Hensen\Maelstrom\Jonathan Silvercloud
5.Tony Stark\Hank Pym\Hank McCoy
6.T'Challa\Baron Von Blitzshclag\Phineas Mason\Apocalypse\Moondragon\The Vision\Jocasta
7.Stuart Clark\Sage\Mr.Sinister\Stephen Strange\Magneto\Amadeus Cho\Kavita Rao\Tem Borjigan
8.Moira McTaggart\Mantis\Otto Octavius\Kurt Conners\Peter Parker\Bruce Banner\Norman Osborn\Temujin\Bill Foster
9.Gilbert Vaughn\The Stein's\Kitty Pryde\Jaime Madrox\Prodigy\Charles Xavier\Sebastian Shaw
10.The Red Skull,The Kingpin,Baron Zemo\Donald Blake\Jen Walters\Matt Murdock\Mercedes Knight\Emma Frost\Dwayne Taylor
Moderator Online
#94 Posted by Colossus666 (259 posts) - - Show Bio

The Leader is the smartest in all of marvel universe.

#95 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio
#96 Posted by Captain Commander (50 posts) - - Show Bio

My list: Sticking to the currently popular and well known guys. Also in no particular order.

Tier-1 (Brightest multi-disciplinary in universe).
Doom. Reed. Thanos.

Tier-2 (Brightest linked-disciplinary in universe)
Apocalypse. High Evolutionary. Sinister. Stark.

Tier-3 (Brightest multi-disciplinary on Earth).
Cho. Pym. T'Challa.

#97 Posted by Vance Astro (91110 posts) - - Show Bio
@Colossus666...no he's not.
Moderator Online
#98 Posted by no name no face (69 posts) - - Show Bio

Dr Doom

Reed Richards

Tony Stark

Norman Osborn

Hank Pym

Magneto

Charles Xavier

Beast

Kingpin

Maximus

#99 Posted by Rage.Of.Olympus (434 posts) - - Show Bio

It seems that a lot of people are forgetting the likes of Thanos, Galactus whose technology not even Reed can comprehend as I recall, and other alien entities.

#100 Posted by DEGRAAF (7870 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nobody said:
"

Not counting cosmic beings?

Reed Richards

Dr. Doom

The Leader

Ultron

Iron Man

Bruce Banner/Hank Pym

Dr. Strange(depending on what you mean my Intellgence he could also be consider #1)

Black Panther/Beast

"

adamues cho doesnt even make the list?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.