10 Marvel Characters that SHOULD have been in Marvel vs Capcom 3

• 54 results
Posted by The Hobgoblin (414 posts) - - Show Bio

Am I the only one that feels the line-up for MvC 3 is SORELY lacking? Anywho, here's who I think should've returned for or joined in MvC3: 
1. Thanos

2. Green Goblin/Hobgoblin 

3. Silver Surfer

4. Kang

5. Ultron

6. Wasp

7. Electro

8. Doc Ock 

9. Ghost Rider

10. (TIE) Juggernaut and Venom

#1 Posted by GenisVell (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah I liked all your choices especially Ghost Rider. He was one of my MUA faves.
 Im a little disappointed about the choices too.  Unfortunetly MvC2 spoiled us with the amount of characters to choose from. I hope they add some dlc somehow to boost the roster.
 I would have liked to have seen ;P Lizard, maybe the new Nova....

#2 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyclops

Silver Surfer got cut because they're couldn't integrate the Surfboard the way they wanted to.

#3 Posted by Dex (540 posts) - - Show Bio

i think this there is going to be a TON of DLC characters...almost like marvel ult alliance 2

#4 Posted by MTHarman (725 posts) - - Show Bio

I hardly feel any sadness with the line-up, I guess in this newest version there was a limited set of characters and Capcom felt that they should put in some of the characters with the highest fanbase rating, such as Thor and Deadpool. 
But with Capcom, they obviously are not steered by the fans, so they could careless who you want in there. 

Honestly I wished they had Chuck Norris in there if you ask me, I enjoyed watching him on the Mugen fights.  
#5 Posted by The Hobgoblin (414 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dex:  Let's hope!

@MTHarman: I had no idea they made a Chuck Norris for Mugen! 

@TheCrowbar: They didn't even have to have him on the board the whole time; they could've just have him fly in on it before  round begins, after he wins, and/or during combo moves and I'd have been pretty happy about it. 

@GenisVell: I especially loved how Ghost Rider could resurrect a fallen team-mate in MUA.
#6 Posted by darque26 (22 posts) - - Show Bio

I prefer :
1. Iron Fist
2. Gambit
3. Captain Marvel
4. Psylocke
5. Ms. Marvel
6. Carnage
7. Ghost Rider
8. Werewolf By Night
9. Mysterio
10. Onslaught (Sub-Boss)

#7 Posted by The Hobgoblin (414 posts) - - Show Bio
@darque26:
I'm really digging your 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, and 9th choices. Captain marvel would've been cool, too, and I think I would've went with Mar-Vell as my choice with an alternate color scheme for his son Genis.
#8 Posted by hydrabob--defunct (14833 posts) - - Show Bio

I think about 4 of your characters could be replaced with someone better from Marvel, but whatever it would have taken them like another 6 months to finish the game if they added 10 more Marvel characters and 10 more Capcom characters.

#9 Posted by The Hobgoblin (414 posts) - - Show Bio
@hydrabob:
Who would you have rather seen make the cut for the Marvel roster?
#10 Posted by Buckshot (18685 posts) - - Show Bio

I think I would agree with Kang and Ghost Rider. Maaaayyyyyyyybbbbbbbbbbbbeeee Silver Surfer, but I feel like he'd be too stacked. And if you want Hobgoblin, just get Taskmaster in his horrible orange costume and pretend its him.

#11 Posted by bgibs13390 (915 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree with Thanos Juggy and Venom. Ghost Rider and SS should also be there.

#12 Posted by The Hobgoblin (414 posts) - - Show Bio
@bgibs13390:
@Buckshot:

Well when you have Galactus show up, Silver Surfer shouldn't be far behind him, especially if the Fantastic Four aren't going to show up.  

And Orange Taskmaster just isn't the same as Hobby. Close, but no cigar here.
#13 Posted by Manchine (4185 posts) - - Show Bio

I like your top 8. 
#14 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio
Everyone here should know what I would post in this thread, obviously.
#15 Posted by The Hobgoblin (414 posts) - - Show Bio
@InnerVenom123:  
Sabretooth? Lol, just kidding man. 

@Manchine:

Thanks! 
#16 Posted by ngroove (318 posts) - - Show Bio

BLACKHEART!!!  Seriously, along with Mega Man on the Capcom side, can't believe they have forgotten to include him on the roster.  He was truly a BAD-A$$ character to play in MARVEL SUPERHEROES, with his demonic, hell-like powers and all. 

#17 Posted by Vance Astro (91417 posts) - - Show Bio

Nobody is going to be completely satisfied with the roster..but if you weren't aware Capcom does allow their fans to vote and they do take their opinions into consideration when they do things like this.The roster isn't the best. I would have liked more characters.I would have liked some characters to have been taken out.I don't want MODOK,Galactus, or Dormammu in the game and most of all I don't want Sentinel but they added a few that I did want like X-23,She-Hulk,Taskmaster,Wesker,Dante,and Chris and I believe there is more coming with DLC so i'm not so mad about it.I have never been completely satisfied with the roster of any of their crossovers.I think MVC2 and CVS2 had the very best rosters but IMO there were a few characters they could have replaced and many that I would have just wanted in the game.It's still a very fun game and there's a new engine and better graphics etc. etc.I';m glad Capcom made this.They weren't doing fighting games for like 10 years..new ones anyway so i'm glad this is out.Maybe in a timely fashion we can eventually get MVC4,Street Fighter V,CVS3,maybe a new Power Stone,Darkstalkers or Rival Schools in the near future.I like where they are going.Street Fighter X Tekken and Tekken vs. Street Fighter is coming as well so.I'm happy with Capcom right now.
#18 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

wait wait wait

They left out Megaman?!?!?!

#19 Posted by Vance Astro (91417 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nighthunter said:
"wait wait wait  They left out Megaman?!?!?! "

Yes.Zero is in the game but Megaman is not.
#20 Posted by Baddamdog (2212 posts) - - Show Bio

Psylocke should be on this list!

#21 Posted by Aronmorales (9305 posts) - - Show Bio

The only character that definitly should've been in is Ms. Marvel, 
but aside from her, I think I'd like: 

9. Venom 
8. Ghost Rider 
7. Black Panther 
6. Spider Woman. 
5. Sentry 
4. Blue Marvel 
3. Dare Devil 
2. Iron Fist 
1. Either Cyclops or Cambit, to make the X-Men fans happy. 

And while I'm at it... 

10. Frank West 
9. Strider Hiryu 
8. Jin 
7. Hayato 
6. M. Bison 
5. Demitrti 
4. Tessa 
3. Red Arramer 
2. Megaman (what ever variation the fans want) 
1. Either Pyron or Jedah (but if Pyron then I'd want Thanos for the Marvel side).

#22 Posted by The Hobgoblin (414 posts) - - Show Bio
@Baddamdog:
I didn't add Psylocke because I felt like the X-Fans got a huge chunk of characters as it is. However, I'd have rather had Psylocke than Jean Grey.
#23 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

Shame on Capcom for not placing Megaman. Unless there was a legal issue he'll be DLC and that is a rip-off. Its as if in MK vs DC we didn't have Superman or Batman on the DC side

#24 Edited by Vance Astro (91417 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nighthunter said:

" Shame on Capcom for not placing Megaman. Unless there was a legal issue he'll be DLC and that is a rip-off. Its as if in MK vs DC we didn't have Superman or Batman on the DC side "

Megaman has only been in two of their crossovers for the record...3 counting Namco X Capcom.
#25 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13704 posts) - - Show Bio

Nightcrawler 
Black Cat 
Ms.Marvel 
tie-Eddie Brock/Toxin 
black panther 
tie-quicksilver/jubilee/mystique/archangel 
tie-moonstone/songbird 
hawkeye 
tie-ghost-rider/morbius/werewolf by night 
tie-Captain Marvel/Vision
#26 Edited by ngroove (318 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:

"I have never been completely satisfied with the roster of any of their crossovers". 

I was satisfied enough with X-Men vs Street Fighter's roster.   Personal favorites: Cammy ( w/ either Rogue or Wolverine), Ryu ( w/ either Cyclops or Ken), Magneto ( w/ Juggernaut), or Akuma.

#27 Posted by ngroove (318 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" @Nighthunter said:
" Shame on Capcom for not placing Megaman. Unless there was a legal issue he'll be DLC and that is a rip-off. Its as if in MK vs DC we didn't have Superman or Batman on the DC side "
Megaman has only been in two of their crossovers for the record. "

Doesn't change, that MegaMan is still an iconic Capcom figure, and a fan-favorite to many whose played the MvC series, myself included, loved that killer combo of Mega Man / Roll / Venom in MvC II!
#28 Posted by jloneblackheart (5497 posts) - - Show Bio

Silver Surfer appears in Zero's ending. :)  

#29 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (8107 posts) - - Show Bio

Hercules
Dr. Octopus 
Green Goblin
Venom
Juggernaut
Bullseye
Daredevil
Ghost Rider

#30 Posted by doublezeroduck (98 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm surprised that with the movies that came out Daredevil, Elektra, and Punisher weren't included in the original roster.  

The movies weren't great but people went to see them. Normal people that don't post online about comics, they could've seen "That one character" from the movie they watched, and decided to check the game out.

#31 Posted by Bobby X (1132 posts) - - Show Bio

I applaud them thinking outside the box  with additions like Super Skrull, X-23, Dormammu and Taskmaster...but i still would have liked to see them be a little more creative. Dormammu was definitely a shocker for me especially without without Strange in the game so I kinda wish that spot went to someone else. My ideal additions (but probably not the most practical overall lol) would have been: 

Ghost Rider 
Hercules 
Iron Fist 
Cyclops 
.Jamie Madrox 
Captain Marvel  
Nova
Kang
Cable -great in the last game
Noh-Varr - I just think there are so many cool moves they could make with his unique and varied abilities
Silver Surfer -Galactus without Surfer = Fail but i understand about board issues
#32 Posted by ReVamp (22798 posts) - - Show Bio

Good Ideas 
Ms Marvel 
Psylocke 
Cyclops (Impressed he isn't in?) 
Iron Fist (With a DD bonus costume) 
Gambit 
Ghost Rider
Captain Marvel/Quaser (Preferbly the former) 

Personal preference:  
Natasha Romanoff 
Winter Soldier 
Batman

#33 Edited by Vance Astro (91417 posts) - - Show Bio
@ngroove said:

" @Vance Astro said:

" @Nighthunter said:
Megaman has only been in two of their crossovers for the record. "
 Doesn't change, that MegaMan is still an iconic Capcom figure, and a fan-favorite to many whose played the MvC series, myself included, loved that killer combo of Mega Man / Roll / Venom in MvC II! "
Megaman was a favorite of mine in MVC2 as well, my point was Capcom has made crossovers before and left him out so I would assume them leaving him out has a purpose.Capcom has many icons.They put the one (Ryu) in there that matters in fighting games.
#34 Posted by Shadowdoggy (3800 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel characters that could have returned... 

Cyclops (I miss hearing "Optic sweep!")
Venom (he would look so awesome with the improved graphics)
Rogue (I mean, she can actually control her powers now, she could do anything)
Psylocke (she's cooler than ever with her katanas, why not bring her back) 

New characters that would be awesome....

Ms. Marvel  (mugen fan favorite, would be badass to turn into Binary)
Nova (he would be incredible and Richard Rider would have great intro and winning stance smack talk)
Hawkeye (Clint Barton is the man, and a super move where Mockingbird shows up to help out would be awesome) 
Ares (he would be awesome to use)  
Legion
(he could have so many cool moves and he would be a very interesting looking and acting character) 
Dazzler (I just love her and think her powers would look amazing and be a lot of fun to use, plus Dazzler would have cool and funny things to say)

#35 Edited by ngroove (318 posts) - - Show Bio
@doublezeroduck said:

"I'm surprised that with the movies that came out Daredevil, Elektra, and Punisher weren't included in the original roster.    

A) Daredevil / Elektra: deadly, skilled, in fighting styles in their own right; but not for a Capcom Fighter; with flashy powers, chain combos; I could see both working well in a Mortal Kombat style fighter though. 

B) Punisher, maybe, if given a big enough gun ( ala Iron Man's "proton cannon", Cable in MvC2)

#36 Edited by A-Strondinaire (345 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know most of these picks would be foreign to video game fans especially Wasp and Electro for Wasp I honestly can't think of any attack she'll have that won't feel like a cheap mugen move. as for the rest they're resonable especially considering Dr Octopus is already confirmed. But I'm a little sick with all the Mega Man Mega Rage he was in two games and one he was just copied and pasted in so their is no real reason to cry for him. The VS. series did just fine without him and don't give me the "He gave Capcom a lot of money he should be entitled" crap because I can say that for Street Fighter 3 and Alpha series and I don't see one member in there. 
These games are catered to characters of the month or year, and as stated they're putting in characters they want big in the next year or that has been for awhile and counting those 2 wii shop games Megaman was in and no plans in the near future for one where he isn't based off the awful anime, I wouldn't call that too popular or bankable in the future. This is not a Capcom Hall of fame where the best of the best only deserve to be in because if it were up to many fans with this mind set it would be a sausage fest with 2 or 3 scantily clad choices (with Morrigan being ironically cut out because fan hate)
 . End Rant
P.S. he wasn't even that good in the first one.
#37 Posted by Video_Martian (5562 posts) - - Show Bio

Green Goblin
Silver Surfer
Kang
Ultron
Wasp
Ant-Man
Electro
Doc Ock
Ghost Rider
Venom
Carnage
Juggernaut
Sub-Mariner
Ms. Marvel
Iron Fist
Werewolf By Night
Mysterio
Kraven the Hunter
Howard the Duck
Thundra
Valkyrie

#38 Posted by Omarpool (6760 posts) - - Show Bio
@A-Strondinaire: I totally agree with you about Megaman.
#39 Posted by GrandSymbiote94 (11724 posts) - - Show Bio
@InnerVenom123 said:
"Everyone here should know what I would post in this thread, obviously. "
#40 Posted by fesak (6984 posts) - - Show Bio

Everyone have their favourites that didn't make it. 
Just deal with it.

#41 Posted by VIZION2011 (1675 posts) - - Show Bio

Excuse my ignorance but what the heck is "DLC" ?

#42 Posted by The Hobgoblin (414 posts) - - Show Bio
@VIZION2010:
Downloadable Content.
#43 Posted by AetherMaster (65 posts) - - Show Bio

Dormammu kind of filled the role of Blackheart in this game, what with being able to use hellfire and meteor showers. And I think having Dormammu in the line up kind of makes having Ghost Rider redundant since they both fight using hellfire. 

That being said, you can't please everybody. There's always going to be someone who is unhappy with the roster one way or another.

#44 Posted by Psi Optic (15 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos
Blackheart
Silver Surfer
Gambit
Cyclops
Juggernaught
Ghost Rider
Master Chief (well if marvel got permission from MS again)
Black Bolt
Psylocke

#45 Posted by Iron_Lad (313 posts) - - Show Bio

Ms. Marvel
Red Skull
Iron Fist
Green Goblin
Ronan the Accuser
Crystal (Inhuman)
Kang
Moon Knight
Emma Frost 
Ultron

#46 Posted by kfhrfdu_89_76k (3653 posts) - - Show Bio
#47 Posted by The Hobgoblin (414 posts) - - Show Bio
@kfhrfdu_89_76k
I'd have been down with that hahaha!
#48 Posted by fodigg (6136 posts) - - Show Bio

The MvC series is always kind of a bitter pill for me because I love the characters and love video games but absolutely suck at fighters. Suck to the point where I don't have fun playing them.

#49 Posted by Edgeworth_11 (4655 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambit, Iceman, Rogue, Cyclops, Apocalypse, Nightcrawler, Daredevil, Green Goblin, Namor, Ultron
#50 Posted by wwenmdc (20 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, taking into account the updated roster in the Ultimate version, my 10 are the following:

1. Venom

2. Osborn

3. Sabretooth

4. Thanos

5.Doc Ock

6. Ultron

7. Captain Marvel OR Ms. Marvel

8. Juggernaut

9. Punisher

10. Ant-Man & Wasp

Also, I would like to see Carnage, SS, Kang, Blade OR Morbius, Wizard, Lizard, Sandman, Onslaught, Mephisto, Blackheart, Bucky/Wintersoldier, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Wonderman, War Machine, Zemo OR Red Skull, Black Panther, Sasquatch, Abomination & Leader, Nick Fury, Namor, Iceman, Gambit, DAREDEVIL, Luke Cage, Vision, Another Asgardian, Rhino, Scorpion, Black Knight, Bullseye, Elektra, Kingpin, Black Widow, Plantman, Avalanche, Deathlok, Cyclops, Nightcrawler, Beast, Colossus, Rouge, Cable, Frank Richards, Bishop, Mystique, Blob, Apocalypse, Cpt. Britain, Moon Knight, Man-Thing, Sentry, Spiderwoman, Adam Warlock, or Hyperion.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.