Continuity Errors with Marvel Zombies?

#1 Posted by DEADPOOL (2703 posts) - - Show Bio

There were characters who couldn't have been zombies, like: Juggernaut, Thor, and Vision.

And what about characters with healing factors? Like Deadpool, Sabretooth, Wolverine.

And what about Dr. Strange? If the plague is magic-based, he should had sensed it and surely would had some way of saving the world/universe/multiverse.

Galactus and Silver Surfer... why were they taken out like bitches???!!!

The Living Tribunal exists simultaniously in every reality, he would had put a stop to it the moment it began.

And more stuff...

#2 Posted by G-Man (30704 posts) - - Show Bio

Uhm, well, since it's a different Marvel Universe, maybe the physics of their powers are different. Isn't Captain America called Colonel America there? That could also explain the continuity stuff. And maybe the zombie infection is just too much for Wolvie and Deadpool's healing factor. They're not indestructable.

Staff
#3 Posted by Gottheit (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, I agree with all this, but the biggest problem I think is Vision. The only way to really "zombify" Vision would be to reprogram him to eat human flesh. And I don't know why anybody(especially zombies) would want to do that, because A) it just creates more competition for brains and liver, and B) since Vision is a robot, I don't see him discriminating between healthy human flesh and necrotic flesh. If anything, he'd be the ultimate Zombie-bane(aside from Ash) until he was finally just destroyed by Sentry or someone, but not until he had taken out a few of the lower zombies.

BTW, where's Dracula, the Simon Garth Zombie, and Man-Thing during all this? Can a vampire or a plant become zombified?

#4 Posted by fesak (7034 posts) - - Show Bio

Even Ghost Rider was a zombie. And Howard the Duck.

#5 Posted by Gottheit (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

That's nice.

#6 Posted by DEADPOOL (2703 posts) - - Show Bio

Among the dozen things that don't make sense to me about Marvel Zombies is why the zombies just nibble on other super-humans while they entirely consume normal people.

And I don't get why normal civilians don't get infected, but normal heroes/villains do.

Despite the hunger, why didn't any of them try to cure themselves? Zombie-Reed can dedicate himself to building a cross-dimensional portal, but he can't cure everyone? If not to cure himself, then at least so him and the other zombie-FF could cure and eat the other zombies.

Why would all the zombies heroes be so ready, willing, and able to massacre every living thing on Earth? Why didn't any of them try to fight it? Why didn't any of them try to stop each other after getting infected? It was basically "I have to stop you zombie bastards no matter what! ::gets bit:: oh, ok."

Why were all of the zombies still in one piece after Magneto dropped a barrage of exploding cars on them? Zombie-Hulk 'n the other heavy-weights I could understand coming out variably intact, but the others?

And how is it that everyone except the Hulk broke their teeth trying to bite the Silver Surfer, but they were able to eat him just fine later?

Speaking of eating the Silver Surfer... how do you physically consume adamantium-like skin and energy?

Why were the zombie-FF so concerned about getting the other zombies into the Ultimate universe?

What happened to zombie-Sentry?

And where is the Living Tribunal in all of this? While he'd likely allow the virus to be self-contained on one world, the virus spreading from one reality to another or the existance of the zombie-galacti are things he'd never allow to happen. And as I said, he exists in every reality simultaneously... he doesn't have alternate-reality selves, he literally exists in every reality at once. And like all the cosmic gods, he's aware of everything that happens in the universe.

Or if not the Living Tribunal, then what of Eternity or Death? The virus would create an imbalance of life and death in the universe, they wouldn't like that. And just like Living Tribunal, they too exist in every reality simultaneously.

The Cosmic hierarchy goes: One Above All > Living Tribunal > Eternity/Death/fully-fed Galactus > Lord Chaos/Master Order/Mistress Love/Sire Hate > Cosmic Cubes/Celestials/Watchers > Heralds/Phoenix Force/Enigma Force > Skyfathers > Other Gods. ::Note:: There's more, but I'm not listing everyone! lol.

G-Man says:

"Uhm, well, since it's a different Marvel Universe, maybe the physics of their powers are different. Isn't Captain America called Colonel America there? That could also explain the continuity stuff. And maybe the zombie infection is just too much for Wolvie and Deadpool's healing factor. They're not indestructable."

Well Ultimate Thing did knock out zombie-Hulk with one punch, and Ultimate Doom was able to rip off zombie-Thing's arm, so those may prove that there were some power differences... or just bad writing. Silver Surfer didn't appear any weaker. He easily withstood a blow from zombie-Thor, and zombie-Wolverine couldn't cut him with his adamantium claws.

And yeah, maybe the healing factor's couldn't protect them from the virus since it seems to be magic-based.

Post Edited:2007-03-14 17:44:08

#7 Posted by Mr Mofo (354 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it's a silly fun comic. Just like I never question why getting bitten by a radioactive spider makes a guy wanna wear red and blue and crawl on walls.

#8 Posted by Mighty Magneto (13027 posts) - - Show Bio

Writers Smoke Pott thats all there is to it.

#9 Posted by DEADPOOL (2703 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd have to agree with that, or Marvel needs to hire better writers.

#10 Posted by Prodigal Son (3472 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#11 Posted by Mr Mofo (354 posts) - - Show Bio

Exactly. It just took off on its own. They probably didn't realize we'd eat it up. It cracks me up.

#12 Posted by Prodigal Son (3472 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#13 Posted by DEADPOOL (2703 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe that's my problem. I was expecting "Dawn of the Dead" but ended up getting "Shaun of the Dead."

Maybe I would had enjoyed Marvel Zombies more if it wasn't just a novelty. I mean, the zombies in UFF almost made me crap myself... but Marvel Zombies was just one-long Monty Python sketch.

#14 Posted by Fourpower (R.I.P) (2021 posts) - - Show Bio

MZ was okay, I just found it kind of ludicrous.

#15 Posted by Fourpower (R.I.P) (2021 posts) - - Show Bio

Like the original post said, Living Tribunal should have stopped it before it got started.

#16 Posted by Gottheit (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

What I want to know is, where's Uatu during all this? That guy's the worst Watcher ever. He'd break his vow of only observing to pimp Tony Stark's ride if he could, yet he couldn't be bothered to help out the earth from getting eaten?

Also, what does Odin think of his son becoming zombified? I mean, does he just not care either way, or is there some Godly law that prevents him from interfering?

And I think they were able to eat Silver Surfer despite breaking their teeth because they don't feel pain...

Wolverine and Deadpool couldn't rely on the Healing Factor because, as we've now learned, it's all caused by the NECRONOMICON!!!

#17 Posted by DEADPOOL (2703 posts) - - Show Bio

Gottheit, you make some good points... but about the Silver Surfer. I meant that they break their teeth against his metallic body one moment, then chew him up like he's made of taffy the next? And speaking of which, metal is not flesh, otherwise the zombies should be chowing down on cars and stuff.

Post Edited:2007-03-14 17:39:43

#18 Posted by Gottheit (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe he's only hardened for as long as he mentally wills it, maybe it's a whole reality distortion shpeal, that he loses when he dies or loses consciousness...I mean, it could just be a giant plot-hole, but you gotta give comics the benefit of the doubt...Otherwise, you just end up thinking their stupid and walking away. You have to help them help you...

#19 Posted by DEADPOOL (2703 posts) - - Show Bio

Comics may just be fantasy, but they have their own guide-lines and it's up to the writer to follow those guide-lines. If they can't, then I think their work is stupid. I'll forgive small things or them forgetting something, but what happened to the Silver Surfer and Galactus was complete B.S.

Post Edited:2007-03-14 18:12:27

#20 Posted by Gottheit (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah...and, again, this is not the six hundreth and sixteenth universe we've come to know and love, this is completely different. In the regular Marvel universe, Galactus would never be consumed, even if they weakened him. There just isn't any meat or anything there, it's all cosmic whatever. And, frankly, Thor from our universe would so destroy all the zombies there...

BTW, the Marvel Zombies are assholes. your telling me they can make a destructo ray to take out Galactus, but they can't work on a replica hammer for Thor? Maybe something with lightning charges or something. It sucks to be zombie Thor...

#21 Posted by DEADPOOL (2703 posts) - - Show Bio

Here are other things I thought of...

Why didn't Venom try to eat his symbiote? It appearantly didn't get infected.

If the symbiote was dying since it's host is "dead," then why didn't it just leave Eddie for someone that was alive?

#22 Posted by Padded Cell (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, we know Ash is involved. These are not normal zombies. If you look at his world and the way zombies are even created in his travels, they usually just pop up around him for no reason at all. If you follow any of the arts such as necromancy you learn quite a bit about this phenominon, meaning these are more demons than the classic night of the living dead stereotype that everybody in this board is thinking about. As for venom, his host body isn't dead, we are dealing with the necronomicon. "Zombies" in the necronomicon are not dead but rather dead souls in living bodies. This series combines a bunch of factors, I agree a few loopholes, but they nailed the storyline as different plot points of what ifs pop up. To understand this series, watch the evil dead series, read a few different versions of the necronomicon, read as many comics as you can, and piece it together. It was b.s. how Galactus went down though...pissed me off.

#23 Posted by DEADPOOL (2703 posts) - - Show Bio

Venom said himself that his symbiote was dying because he's dead.

And if you look at them, they are all rotting. Necromancy is alot of things... speaking to the dead, astral projection, soul stealing, raising the dead, etc.

And it's only now tying in the the Evil Dead series. Before, it was just a jumbled up mess. The Evil Dead tie-in is just trying to make the story make sense... and it still doesn't.

I'd rather it be demonic possession, that would explain why they all became sadistic cannibals. But Spider-Man's body was fighting off the infection for a while (Spider-Man does have enhanced healing abilities, but only border-line super-human), while all non-healers became zombies instantaneously. This seems to imply a disease. Also, Deadites have never shown any desire to eat people.

And I've thought of other things that never struck me before. Where's the police? Where's the army? How can the zombies have eaten everyone if they never left New York city? Why is everybody in the world with a costume in New York city anyway? Why hasn't there been any nuclear strikes?

#24 Posted by Rotten gun (2509 posts) - - Show Bio

i think they didn't expect to have so much success, its a dream ride really, the mini series was a quirky out of the ordinary little piece, they have planted the seed and now they have to write in those parameters.... i try not to look at the mistakes or else i lose the feeling of the story

#25 Posted by DEADPOOL (2703 posts) - - Show Bio

Rotten gun says:

"i think they didn't expect to have so much success, its a dream ride really, the mini series was a quirky out of the ordinary little piece, they have planted the seed and now they have to write in those parameters.... i try not to look at the mistakes or else i lose the feeling of the story "

Yeah, they made a novelty that was far more popular than they thought it would be, and now it's almost impossible to make it into a hard-hitting story... especially with Robert Kirkman!!!

Post Edited:2007-05-14 17:32:00

#26 Posted by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio

What's wrong with Kirkman? He's writing a great zombie book right now. I'm not defending Marvel Zombies, but Walking Dead is good. He may have dropped the ball on MZ, but that doesn't mean he can't write a good story.

#27 Posted by DEADPOOL (2703 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't judge Robert Kirkman's other work, but he screws up any chance of Marvel Zombies being a great book everytime he touches it. John Layman has already done a 50x better story in just 3 issues of "Marvel Zombies vs. Army of Darkness," and he's working inside the crazy continuity that Robert Kirkman created.

But... Robert Kirkman has yet to explain how the 5'9 Ultimate Wolverine grew 10 inches to become Ultimate Cable, has a glowing eye (probably robotic), and is able to interact with his past self.

Post Edited:2007-05-14 21:09:58

#28 Posted by DarkLotusChylde (46 posts) - - Show Bio

DEADPOOL says:

"Here are other things I thought of...Why didn't Venom try to eat his symbiote? It appearantly didn't get infected.If the symbiote was dying since it's host is "dead," then why didn't it just leave Eddie for someone that was alive?"

The Symbiote didn't have anyone else to attach to. They were all dead already.

I like the series, but then again I'm a huge fan of zombies and Evil Dead. The main problem I have is that Colonel America can loose half his head and still be alive... errr undead and talk and function as if his whole brain was still intact. The idea of a super virus that only infects super powered beings is new and a fresh twist on the zombie genre. I agree that it is over the top and some stuff doesn't make sense but I've never taken a zombie story too seriously. It's fun.

#29 Posted by DEADPOOL (2703 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know why it didn't dawn on me earlier, but... why didn't Galactus become a zombie? He was infected before he died.

#30 Posted by Rotten gun (2509 posts) - - Show Bio

DEADPOOL says:

"I don't know why it didn't dawn on me earlier, but... why didn't Galactus become a zombie? He was infected before he died."

hmmmn? the transformation was quite fast. did he die before the infection made it to his nervous system? (or what ever system it affects)

#31 Posted by DEADPOOL (2703 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know what it infects, or how it infects people. Colossus was infected and he was pure metal.

#32 Posted by Copy (8336 posts) - - Show Bio

DEADPOOL says:

"Among the dozen things that don't make sense to me about Marvel Zombies is why the zombies just nibble on other super-humans while they entirely consume normal people. And I don't get why normal civilians don't get infected, but normal heroes/villains do. Despite the hunger, why didn't any of them try to cure themselves? Zombie-Reed can dedicate himself to building a cross-dimensional portal, but he can't cure everyone? If not to cure himself, then at least so him and the other zombie-FF could cure and eat the other zombies. Why would all the zombies heroes be so ready, willing, and able to massacre every living thing on Earth? Why didn't any of them try to fight it? Why didn't any of them try to stop each other after getting infected? It was basically "I have to stop you zombie bastards no matter what! ::gets bit:: oh, ok." Why were all of the zombies still in one piece after Magneto dropped a barrage of exploding cars on them? Zombie-Hulk 'n the other heavy-weights I could understand coming out variably intact, but the others? And how is it that everyone except the Hulk broke their teeth trying to bite the Silver Surfer, but they were able to eat him just fine later?
Speaking of eating the Silver Surfer... how do you physically consume adamantium-like skin and energy? Why were the zombie-FF so concerned about getting the other zombies into the Ultimate universe? What happened to zombie-Sentry? And where is the Living Tribunal in all of this? While he'd likely allow the virus to be self-contained on one world, the virus spreading from one reality to another or the existance of the zombie-galacti are things he'd never allow to happen. And as I said, he exists in every reality simultaneously... he doesn't have alternate-reality selves, he literally exists in every reality at once. And like all the cosmic gods, he's aware of everything that happens in the universe. Or if not the Living Tribunal, then what of Eternity or Death? The virus would create an imbalance of life and death in the universe, they wouldn't like that. And just like Living Tribunal, they too exist in every reality simultaneously. The Cosmic hierarchy goes: One Above All > Living Tribunal > Eternity/Death/fully-fed Galactus > Lord Chaos/Master Order/Mistress Love/Sire Hate > Cosmic Cubes/Celestials/Watchers > Heralds/Phoenix Force/Enigma Force > Skyfathers > Other Gods. ::Note:: There's more, but I'm not listing everyone! lol. G-Man says:
"Uhm, well, since it's a different Marvel Universe, maybe the physics of their powers are different. Isn't Captain America called Colonel America there? That could also explain the continuity stuff. And maybe the zombie infection is just too much for Wolvie and Deadpool's healing factor. They're not indestructable."
Well Ultimate Thing did knock out zombie-Hulk with one punch, and Ultimate Doom was able to rip off zombie-Thing's arm, so those may prove that there were some power differences... or just bad writing. Silver Surfer didn't appear any weaker. He easily withstood a blow from zombie-Thor, and zombie-Wolverine couldn't cut him with his adamantium claws.
And yeah, maybe the healing factor's couldn't protect them from the virus since it seems to be magic-based.
Post Edited:2007-03-14 17:44:08"

they probably took a bite out of a super hero and that super hero just punched them and they went after someone else

the whole reed thing is like i read a summary saying

spoilers

that reed was "fascinated" with the zombies. Like they can survive without organs and all that so he wanted to become one and of course sue was mad but in the end she became one.

The thing i don't get is how come spiderman was able to hold off the virus until he got home when there are characters with amazing healing factor turned into a zombie in 2 seconds

DEADPOOL says:

"Here are other things I thought of... Why didn't Venom try to eat his symbiote? It appearantly didn't get infected. If the symbiote was dying since it's host is "dead," then why didn't it just leave Eddie for someone that was alive?"

probably because when venom became a zombie everyone else were dead

#33 Posted by Copy (8336 posts) - - Show Bio

DEADPOOL says:

"I don't know what it infects, or how it infects people. Colossus was infected and he was pure metal."

that was bull

#34 Posted by cadaver (143 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it comes down to the fact that marvel is hiring monkeys to write there stuff. I'm glad I didn't buy any of these zombie comics, and regret reading them at all. There are way too many continuity errors, why try to rationalize what we all know in our hearts? Marvel zombies was crap. The comic was a good idea, but the writers screwed it up. (But I'll admit the army of darkness/marvel zombies did make me laugh a bit)

#35 Posted by lordraiden (6958 posts) - - Show Bio

Gottheit says:

"What I want to know is, where's Uatu during all this? That guy's the worst Watcher ever. He'd break his vow of only observing to pimp Tony Stark's ride if he could, yet he couldn't be bothered to help out the earth from getting eaten? Also, what does Odin think of his son becoming zombified? I mean, does he just not care either way, or is there some Godly law that prevents him from interfering? And I think they were able to eat Silver Surfer despite breaking their teeth because they don't feel pain... Wolverine and Deadpool couldn't rely on the Healing Factor because, as we've now learned, it's all caused by the NECRONOMICON!!!"

On the contrary, you found out it had nothing to do with the Necronomicon, and that they weren't, in fact, technically Zombies, it was magic based and something else entirely!

#36 Posted by lordraiden (6958 posts) - - Show Bio

Rotten gun says:

"DEADPOOL says:
"I don't know why it didn't dawn on me earlier, but... why didn't Galactus become a zombie? He was infected before he died."
hmmmn? the transformation was quite fast. did he die before the infection made it to his nervous system? (or what ever system it affects) "

How does an abstract entity have a nervous system? I'm just trying to picture Galactus in a big cosmic wheel chair lol

#37 Posted by Crimson Orchid (5825 posts) - - Show Bio

I didn't really understand how The Thing could be a zombie among other things... but otherwise, I don't think it was that big of a deal, it was amusing to me either way.

#38 Edited by Superparody (2011 posts) - - Show Bio
@DEADPOOL said:
"

Among the dozen things that don't make sense to me about Marvel Zombies is why the zombies just nibble on other super-humans while they entirely consume normal people. 

They would eat the super-humans but at least super humans were able to fight back... and escape spreading the virus.

And I don't get why normal civilians don't get infected, but normal heroes/villains do. 

they do...but the heros ate them so they never got the chance

Despite the hunger, why didn't any of them try to cure themselves? Zombie-Reed can dedicate himself to building a cross-dimensional portal, but he can't cure everyone? If not to cure himself, then at least so him and the other zombie-FF could cure and eat the other zombies. 

Ummm...read the comic...Reed didnt cure himself becuase he say it as the next step of evolution...plus the zombie hunger makes it so you cant think of anything but your next meal Reed became obsessed with finding more food...he didnt think to cure them

Why would all the zombies heroes be so ready, willing, and able to massacre every living thing on Earth? Why didn't any of them try to fight it? Why didn't any of them try to stop each other after getting infected? It was basically "I have to stop you zombie bastards no matter what! ::gets bit:: oh, ok." 

Because the virus puts you in so much hunger pains that you have to feed...you are cumpulsed too its a mental disease almost. 

Why were all of the zombies still in one piece after Magneto dropped a barrage of exploding cars on them? Zombie-Hulk 'n the other heavy-weights I could understand coming out variably intact, but the others? 

Cmon gambit had a car thrown at him and came out fine...its a comic book

And how is it that everyone except the Hulk broke their teeth trying to bite the Silver Surfer, but they were able to eat him just fine later?

They had to remove the surfers layer coating of silver...I belive wolverine was able to do it with his other arm when the surfer was dead 

Speaking of eating the Silver Surfer... how do you physically consume adamantium-like skin and energy?  

in this universe the surfer seemed to be fesh inside metal

Why were the zombie-FF so concerned about getting the other zombies into the Ultimate universe? 

More food for everyone

What happened to zombie-Sentry? 

dont know

And where is the Living Tribunal in all of this? While he'd likely allow the virus to be self-contained on one world, the virus spreading from one reality to another or the existance of the zombie-galacti are things he'd never allow to happen. And as I said, he exists in every reality simultaneously... he doesn't have alternate-reality selves, he literally exists in every reality at once. And like all the cosmic gods, he's aware of everything that happens in the universe. 

CMON...its just zombies, the living tribuneral only steps in on crysis's that reach beyond epic preportions...the zombie virus has only touched 3 other universe...not that epic by his standards

Or if not the Living Tribunal, then what of Eternity or Death? The virus would create an imbalance of life and death in the universe, they wouldn't like that. And just like Living Tribunal, they too exist in every reality simultaneously. 

Eternity and death... are forces of nature perhaps they were confused by the whole "I am living but I am dead" thing.

The Cosmic hierarchy goes: One Above All > Living Tribunal > Eternity/Death/fully-fed Galactus > Lord Chaos/Master Order/Mistress Love/Sire Hate > Cosmic Cubes/Celestials/Watchers > Heralds/Phoenix Force/Enigma Force > Skyfathers > Other Gods. ::Note:: There's more, but I'm not listing everyone! lol.

G-Man says:

they are zombies.. they are decaying...so they are weaker

healing factors get overwhelmed by the zombie virus
Post Edited:2007-03-14 17:44:08

"
#39 Posted by intothetempest (288 posts) - - Show Bio

How was Thor even able to pick up his hammer? You have to be worthy to pick up Thors hammer, and quite frankly, after eating a whole bunch of people, no one would really consider that worthy. He ended up just having it smash on something, can't quite remember what, but he did.

#40 Edited by Zamiel (6 posts) - - Show Bio

Here is a few good questions:

1.Why do their decaying bodies last for 40 years? They should be like skeletons by then.

2.Why didn't guys like Spider-man kill himself if he thought what he was doing was wrong?

3. How is it possible that they eat billions of people in a few days? Their stomachs can only hold up so much.

4. Why didn't the zombies gain cosmic powers after eating Galactus in Earth-Z like in the previous universe?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.