Follow

Marvel vs Capcom

Concept » Marvel vs Capcom appears in 4 issues.

Marvel vs Capcom is a video game series pitting characters from both universes against each other in combat

Marvel vs Capcom 3

Rowen545

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Rowen545

Has anyone bought it yet? I know it only came out yesterday, but I was thinking about picking it up. Thoughts?

nazer858

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By nazer858

I think its awesome, but I'm a pretty big fighting game fan. If you've never touched a VS game (or many fighting games in general), it can appear to lack a ton of features, and the learning curve can be pretty high, but getting together with a few friends and mashing buttons can still be fun. There's a lot of traffic on the Giant Bomb forums about the game right now so you can check out their opinions as well.

Sasuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Sasuke

GET IT!!! Trade your first born if you have too whatever it takes lol.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By King_Saturn
    Yes Indeed... Got The Special Edition of It... Its Pretty Awesome
    nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By nefarious

I got it. I don't see Aunt May, though. >_>

Iron_Lad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Iron_Lad

It's too hard with the regular controller, I can't execute any moves and get my ass kicked as a result. I am so much better on the joystick. When is the tournament edition MvC3 fighting stick going to be released? Why did it not get released in conjunction with the release of the actual game?

Avatar image for majinblackheart
    MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator

As a huge fan of the Capcom fighting games of the style (I remember how awesome Marvel Super Heroes was in the arcade), I've been waiting ten years for this.  

Now, I've only played it for about 15 minutes but here I my thoughts based on the previous games. 

It seems watered down to me. I feel like it's less dynamic having only three attack buttons instead of the six I grew accustomed to. I find the 'special attack' button worthless except for the new air combo system. Otherwise, I used to have no problem remembering the specific knock up move for all 56 characters in MvC2. Taking the attack buttons down to three means there are no punch and kick buttons, which have been standard since the beginning of time with Capcom fighting games.  I sure confuses special moves that have been unchanged for decades. 

I'm not sure why they changed it, I think they are going for bigger, easier combos to freshen the game up for a newer audience.  

I'm sure I'll get used to it and it will be loads of fun, but I don't know if I'll ever get over the loss of LP, MP, HP & LK, MK, HK :( 

My first gaming system was an Atari. It had one button. I've grow with my systems over the years, and they just keep adding more and more buttons and combinations to make the games have more functions. I don't know why less is better in this case. I have two buttons on my control that are not necessary in a fighting game? Maybe I'm just old..... even more :(

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.