Mystery Marvel NOW! Teaser "SUPERIOR" Details Revealed

• 55 results
Posted by G-Man (31619 posts) - - Show Bio

For some time now we've been wondering about the Marvel NOW! teaser that simply said "SUPERIOR." We all assumed it was for the relaunch of AMAZING SPIDER-MAN but with no creators listed and the puzzlement over why Spider-Man would suddenly be superior, we just weren't sure.

Marvel has released some details through USA Today. We know who the creators are but we still don't know which character or characters the book will feature. But looking at who is involved, it's not too hard to make a good guess.

Hmmm....what could this be for?

Yeah, it's gotta be Spider-Man, right? All of those guys are Spider-Man guys (well, Stegman did SCARLET SPIDER but does a kick-ass Spidey as well). I'm sure we'll find out more information next week at New York Comic Con.

Staff
#1 Posted by Billy Batson (57904 posts) - - Show Bio

Superior Spider-Man sounds weird.
And boo no Miracle Man!
BB

#2 Posted by kingjoeg (693 posts) - - Show Bio

WOOOOO!

#3 Posted by Kovak (748 posts) - - Show Bio

Superior Spider-Man...It's got a ring to it.

#4 Posted by JoseDRiveraTCR7 (1008 posts) - - Show Bio

So I guess Spider-Man is going to have like cosmis powers or something If so, then I may be done with Spider-Man for a while. I haven't been a big fan of Slott's run.

#5 Posted by WildStyle (331 posts) - - Show Bio

Obviously Spider-Man. As long as nothing super weird happens to Peter, I'm on board.

#6 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio

Savage, Amatuers and now Superior if you throw the initials around a bit you get Ass. So the new event will be all about just that.

#7 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

better not be alpha and a dead spider-man. mobs will be looking for slott everywhere. EVERYWHERER!

#8 Posted by Smart_Dork_Dude (2633 posts) - - Show Bio

It's either Spider-Man or Millar is allowing Marvel to put Superior in the Marvel U

#9 Posted by RalfvdH (649 posts) - - Show Bio

mmm... If its it is Spider-man... I'm not convinced.... Not a big fan of the artists....although I find Camuncoli ok... Dan Slott... comes and goes... but this could be the end for me for Spider-man... Maybe as TPB... but that could be a bit of a epic decision for me, because I've been collecting Spider-man since 1993.... I just don't like where the whole comic scene is going in art choices....The artists that impress me slowly disappear for me... Don't care for the whole toon-like style or the Lets-go-back-to-the-'70's minimalistic style which keeps popping up or the Wildstorm/ Image from the 90's style thing DC is cooking up. but, hey... than again.. I could be wrong.... lets see what the reactions are after a couple of issues.... Maybe I'm a bit too critical... :P

#10 Posted by Superguy0009e (2265 posts) - - Show Bio

I think he said it was Superior Squirrel Girl

#11 Posted by danhimself (22442 posts) - - Show Bio

dislike for Slott on Spider-man????????? single best Spider-man run in decades

#12 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12841 posts) - - Show Bio

As long as its still Peter, I'm good.

#13 Posted by sora_thekey (8158 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself said:

True, but I can't help but wonder what will happen in ASM #700 that will make this title go from Amazing to Superior.

@Billy Batson said:

It does... Maybe Superior is the name of a character or a villain. Maybe Spider-Man becomes Superior (the noun not the adjective).

#14 Posted by Vermoot (95 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm psyched about this. I love what Dan Slott has done with Spider-Man (Spider-Island and EotE were awesome imo), I love everything Ramos has done, and Camuncoli is nice ! It has to be Spider-Man... But I wonder what is going to happen in #700 and I hope it's not gonna be too bad (in the story, bot writing)

#15 Posted by Mutant God (3020 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Posted by riiiiiiiight (98 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

#17 Posted by zackattack529 (1404 posts) - - Show Bio

The age of "Amazing" is over, the age of "Superior" has come :p

#18 Posted by McKlayn (1073 posts) - - Show Bio

im not a big uh Spidey follower, i plan to pick up his new title (whatever it may be) after Marvel now, but just curious. We are saying this is Spiderman because of the people involved right? But isn't the point of this to switch up the creative teams, that's what has happened in all the other spoilers. The avengers writer writing X men, the X force writer on Uncanny Avengers, Iron Man writer went to FF, they seem to be switching everything around so wouldn't it be more sensible if you followed pattern to assume this could be anything but Spiderman?

#19 Edited by Webjaker (366 posts) - - Show Bio

After Morbius kills Peter (why? Who knows!?) - Caine takes over as Spider-Man

PS. This is all based on Madame Webb's Visions in the last issue of ASM

#20 Posted by jphugo15 (14 posts) - - Show Bio

No doubt that it's Spider-Man now. Especially since 700's out around the end of December. I just wish Spider-Man had gotten a new writer like all the other titles. But YES, Stegman's coming. I loved his art on Scarlet Spider.

#21 Posted by grenade728 (748 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

Same here.

#22 Posted by htb106 (1641 posts) - - Show Bio

I would find it weird if they changed the adgective after all of this time.

But they definitely ARE Spidey people

#23 Posted by TheMess1428 (2176 posts) - - Show Bio

It's about Alpha. lol

#24 Posted by Mezmero (916 posts) - - Show Bio

Isn't this the New Mutants relaunch that everyone wanted?

#25 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

The SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN!

I like it.

I like it a lot.

#26 Posted by TDK_1997 (14642 posts) - - Show Bio

The creative team looks really nice.

#27 Posted by MrArrogant (149 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself said:

OFT

#28 Posted by Bitchgurl (131 posts) - - Show Bio

ANOTHER Spider-Man relaunch?

Whatever, Marvel.

#29 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder if Marvel will finally put Miracle Man in the Marvel Universe...

#30 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12841 posts) - - Show Bio

i maintain that Soundwave will be replacing Peter as Spider-Man.

#31 Posted by SoA (4772 posts) - - Show Bio
Superior #1
#32 Posted by Teerack (5704 posts) - - Show Bio

Slott is staying on Spider-Man?! :D

#33 Posted by Duke_Nasty (1017 posts) - - Show Bio

Slott is good and I love Stegmans work, I would have to have a big problem with the character to not give this a shot.

#34 Posted by thespideyguy (2642 posts) - - Show Bio

Isn't slott leaving after issue 700

#35 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Superior just makes me think of Millar's Superior,but from the way we see red and blue in the letters, I don't know, I suppose its going to be Spidey. But Superior Spider-Man? Sounds campy as all heck to me :/

#36 Posted by EscGamer (113 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm hoping it is Spider-Man with his powers brought up to his full peak. Let's face it when Spider-Man cuts loose he is a force to be reckon with. Remember Grimm Hunt, after he put on the black suit and went after The Kraven family he completely dominated them. Recently with his spider sense got tweaked by stone a tad bit he dodge every move Hoby and the ninjas threw at him. Characters from the future like Cable said he was considered the greatest hero of them all so maybe we finally get to see it.

#37 Edited by turoksonofstone (13199 posts) - - Show Bio

just take away all the words, you word hoarding corporate bastards.

#38 Posted by Michiel76 (182 posts) - - Show Bio

Return of the Sentry? Maybe even MarvelMan?

#39 Posted by fkk1984 (29 posts) - - Show Bio

I don´t want Slott & Co. again. I was expecting a new team, specially, a new writer… Spiderman is my favorite series, and since Straczynski left the franchise in 2007 (after Quesada´s terrible OMD) I never enjoyed the series that much. I was hoping for a true renewal. I’m deeply disappointed.

#40 Posted by GR2Blackout (2564 posts) - - Show Bio

Sounds like a new Squadron Supreme series.

"Squadron Superior" sounds kinda cool...

#41 Posted by Jaymundo (168 posts) - - Show Bio

I think superior spider-man sounds awesome, better then the tired old "amazing".

#42 Posted by StrikeHavok (15 posts) - - Show Bio

I want to see Spider-Man with his powers and skills increased...strength, speed, agility, endurance, intelligence. I want to see him unstoppable and undeniably bad-ass, if only for a little while.

#43 Posted by pxiao (15 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok, everyone stop whining. It will be Peter. I mean Marvel has learned not to take Peter away from the marvel universe. Everyone makes fun of the clone saga, and it was so bad Marvel nearly went Bankrupt. I mean everyone thought Alpha would either replace Peter or die. Turns out he is still alive with little to no powers. So stop guessing what Slott is doing, and just be happy we have a new Spidey book.

#44 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

@StrikeHavok said:

I want to see Spider-Man with his powers and skills increased...strength, speed, agility, endurance, intelligence. I want to see him unstoppable and undeniably bad-ass, if only for a little while.

So you want a rehash of Black Spider-man?

#45 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio
@Billy Batson said:

And boo no Miracle Man!
BB

Agreed...Where's Marvel Man Marvel?
#46 Posted by Vance Astro (91191 posts) - - Show Bio

sounds racist...

#47 Posted by monitor_earthprime (82 posts) - - Show Bio

I HATE these teasers. Just come out and say or show what this is going to be.

#48 Posted by jashro44 (20479 posts) - - Show Bio

God I would love if Stegman art was on spider-man....He could be the best artist in both marvel and dc right now.

#49 Posted by johnkmccubbin91 (3486 posts) - - Show Bio

With them names, I'd be very surprised if it wasn't Spider-Man

#50 Posted by daredevil21134 (11322 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably another team book

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.