Follow

Marvel NOW!

Concept » Marvel NOW! appears in 413 issues.

Marvel NOW! is a Marvel relaunch that began in October 2012. It brought some major changes to the Marvel Universe and launched many new ongoing series from some of the biggest names in the business.

Marvel NOW! .... What?

Mercules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I understand that Marvel NOW! is a relaunch like N52 is a reboot for DC but I've got a few questions.

1. Are all the current Marvel comics under "Marvel NOW!" (I.e. New Avengers, Uncanny/All New X-men, Indestructible hulk etc.)?

2. Is Marvel NOW! the new canon? ( for the life of me, I couldn't think of how to rephrase it.)

3. Was there any build up this? Like how Flashpoint lead to N52? or?

4. Just why?

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
    V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

@omnibeast: 1. Some current Marvel comics don't have the word NOW on their cover, like Captain Marvel(actually it does since the most recent issue) and Hawkeye. These started before Marvel NOW happened, but some others like that do have NOW on them, like Avengers Assemble.

2. It's not new canon, it just continues with the canon from before the relaunch(I think).

3. I hear Avengers vs X-Men influenced some of it, but I haven't read that yet so I'm not sure.

4. DC Got a big initial sales boost from the New 52. I imagine Marvel saw how that went, and then tried to something similar.

Mercules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@omnibeast:

1. Some current Marvel comics don't have the word NOW on their cover, like Captain Marvel(actually it does since the most recent issue) and Hawkeye. These started before Marvel NOW happened, but some others like that do have NOW on them, like Avengers Assemble.

2. It's not new canon, it just continues with the canon from before the relaunch(I think).

3. I hear Avengers vs X-Men influenced some of it, but I haven't read that yet so I'm not sure.

4. DC Got a big initial sales boost from the New 52. I imagine Marvel saw how that went, and then tried to something similar.

Yeah I could see that. I kind of wish they did it more like DC at least. I give big props to DC for doing the Flashpoint transition into N52. It made great stories as well. I don't really see how AvX did influence it. I probably missed that section seeing as I never really read AvX.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
    V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

@omnibeast: Maybe it only influenced a few titles. I know that Uncanny Avengers is there because of it, and I think Uncanny X-Men is too, but I don't know for sure.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.